[REPORT] CRYOPOD IS OP

Soraquindor

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HawkZoned said:

This isn't a problem unless your defenses aren't built good enough to keep someone who's trying to beer run your turrets out. If someone beer runs your turrets and gets inside your perimeter then you have a problem. Your entire base should have towers overlapping each other so no matter where you are in the base, you are always within range of a tower.

I didn't say anything about beer / flak running which is very powerful unto itself. The entire base having over lapping towers will not achieve anything except to dilute your turret concentration as you are limited to 100 per unit area. A soaker + a snow owl will over time always win vs any base setup. The reason is simple. To soak, fall back, and heal is free. It takes no resources other than food. The base being soaked spends a huge amount on adv ammo and element to keep its turrets alive. Eventually the defender will fall. Period. Ark heavily favors attacking vs defending. 

So in this light defenders chose to themselves suffer draw backs of bases that are hard to access as it would make defending as cost effective as possible as this is the true issue. The cost of defense >>> cost of attacking. While this doesn't mean the defenders win it buys them time. Time to call in friends. Time to organize. Time to mount a counter attack. As the only way to truly defend a base is to counter attack the attackers.

Cryopod deploying takes away this ability to help defenders mitigate their cost of defense. And again cost of defense vs offense is the issue here.

So once again Cryopods being deploy-able in foundation range gives raiders another ace up their sleeve when they were already holding all the cards.

6 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Yep

How does that work? When you have an empty cryo pod it doesn't throw it just does the holding it out to absorb animation and when you have a filled one it deploys your dino which wouldn't be an exploit because you would just soak at that point. I don't care to do it and I'm sure it's going to get patched like plant z, I just confused how someone would do that. Do I have to be careful about tight spaces near my base because it will say that the dino won't fit so it won't deploy? Or is it like using a water dino and trying to throw it on land and it won't deploy?(not sure about that one, haven't risked deploying a water dino on land because I'm scared that it will be insta killed for coming out of the water) Does it shoot down the cryopod and prevent the dino from being deployed while returning to the players inventory? I'm so confused by it, it just doesn't make any since to me how it would be done unless its something like my guesses above.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, johnm81 said:

The reason is simple. To soak, fall back, and heal is free. It takes no resources other than food. The base being soaked spends a huge amount on adv ammo and element to keep its turrets alive. Eventually the defender will fall. Period. Ark heavily favors attacking vs defending. 

So in this light defenders chose to themselves suffer draw backs of bases that are hard to access as it would make defending as cost effective as possible as this is the true issue. The cost of defense >>> cost of attacking. While this doesn't mean the defenders win it buys them time. Time to call in friends. Time to organize. Time to mount a counter attack. As the only way to truly defend a base is to counter attack the attackers.

Cryopod deploying takes away this ability to help defenders mitigate their cost of defense. And again cost of defense vs offense is the issue here.

I've never seen it like this, attacking can be expensive. Yes soaking is cheap, but if they are prepared, defenders who on during an attack have a huge advantage over attackers. Like you said, defenses are there to slow down attackers, and I think that cryo pods can help in a lot of ways with defending. It helps people evac if they need to. It can help get your dinos out of harm's way. I think the real thing that is killing defending isn't the cheap cost of attacking, but the expensive cost of defending, especially now will the turret limit change. Like they killed of dozens of good base locations and now if you want to defend yourself you have to get the biggest spread out base possible to defend. Like on island, unless you're in a cave, the only pretty good spot is blue ob and to properly defend it now you have to have to spam dino gates and stuff all the way down the mountain and then some because you cant just have 500+ turrets at the top. They made defending harder with the turret limit and made attacking easier with cryos and the arthropleura. Having tons of turrets might of lagged up the servers but hell when I play on the xbox it can still only get like 5 fps in my base with HUD and like 12 without it. I think the need to spread out more makes even worse than before.

5 minutes ago, CalMargi said:

The Cryopod  has a dino in it  but let's say it's a tight spot an I throw the dino out well the dino won't  deploy because there's not enough space to deploy well turrets are actually firing at the cryopods before a dino is even deployed soon as the turrets shoot the cryopod  it's back in my inventory but your turrets are slowly draining an no dino is even being used

If they prevent players from cryo podding big tames they will be useless, it allows you to move your tames around quickly and especially for boss fights. If you get raided setup better defenses. smh  

that's why they have cryo sickness too so u can't pop 20 tames in 1 go.  honestly people get pissed for stupid poop. 

I honestly think cryo pods are way OP.. Our tribe just about cleared 5 caves with cryo'ed Dinos.

we cleared the center bearcave with golems.. where you could never get anything in there. golems soaks a lot of turrets, just before it dies crawl in behind him cryo him, turrets gets you, but you friend grappel your body and saves the golem. repeat.. 

getting artifacts, easy.. cryo theris after the choke points. its only 300 seconds if I need to through a second tame. I can clear just about any cave with a Theri.. 

clear the tavern of lost hope with a fast ichy and reaper. just swap mounts when needed. 

in a PvP server cryos made everything easier..

smaller base to setup, I can keep 700 dinos in a 4x4 base.. so if I get raided i can save all my dinos in a hidden base. sitting at the obbi, wait for that someone to cryo his dino just before he jumps servers.. easy kill and a free dino?

but one easy fix, dont allow you to un cryo a dino close to an enemy foundation. I would not like it, but its a good idee.. atleast do it for PvP, but dont remove the cryo pods in PvP. it does help keeping my Dinos safe in a smaller base

Archived