[REPORT] CRYOPOD IS OP

Soraquindor

I want to report cryopod it's literally stupid that you can get giganotosaurs and golems into enemy bases without any danger.The biggest problem is that you can get a giganotosaur,golems,etc inside caves and raid them easily this is so stupid,caves are useless now x6 damage and now they can get big dinos into the cave ?

The caves are the worst place to build right now for the cryopod

I want to ask for a nerf to cryopod that you cant place big dinosaurs into caves or that you cant get things like golems,giganotosaurs... into the cryopod.

Please fix it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

That would probably be the easiest way to balance them, but Wildcard has too many other mechanics to break before they get to fixing that one. 

The dino storage mod, a very similar pokeball concept, has been around a long time now. It has settings that include no release in caves, no release near enemy structures, and even only released at your base (a terminal structure). Plus blacklist for dinos to not allow trapping at all.

Just now, BertNoobians said:

i reported this balance issue on day 1, this needs to be nerfed.
just run with high speed past turrets and unfreeze your tank/meatrun dino behind defenses. makes no sense.

cryopod was meant to solve pve tamecap, not to make pvp stupid easy.

Also to help server performance. Most the lag on a server is generated by the thousands of tames just sitting around.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

So, no surprise WC didn't set checks for the cryopod release to include enemy structures, etc.

I would personally prefer a way to counter them over a flat-out restriction. For example, a Tek structure that disrupt the release of cryogenic creatures within a certain area that raiders would first have to find and destroy in order to be able to bring their tames and meat-run the place would be more immersive and would bring more defensive/offensive tactical aspects to raiding.

5 hours ago, Soraquindor said:

I want to report cryopod it's literally stupid that you can get giganotosaurs and golems into enemy bases without any danger.The biggest problem is that you can get a giganotosaur,golems,etc inside caves and raid them easily this is so stupid,caves are useless now x6 damage and now they can get big dinos into the cave ?

The caves are the worst place to build right now for the cryopod

I want to ask for a nerf to cryopod that you cant place big dinosaurs into caves or that you cant get things like golems,giganotosaurs... into the cryopod.

Please fix it.

Seriously just slap down some bear traps and purlovia in the entry that way players get stopped long enough for your turrets to get em. Funny thing is you have all the great defense things that are only really useful in a cave but people like yourself never bothered with them in the past so its hard to wrap your head round using them now.

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I would personally prefer a way to counter them over a flat-out restriction. For example, a Tek structure that disrupt the release of cryogenic creatures within a certain area that raiders would first have to find and destroy in order to be able to bring their tames and meat-run the place would be more immersive and would bring more defensive/offensive tactical aspects to raiding.

Yeah but only people who have reached Tek can use that. What about everyone else? Do they just have to put up with this broken mechanic?

I think the best way to address this would simply be to not allow the release near enemy structures.

6 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Seriously just slap down some bear traps and purlovia in the entry that way players get stopped long enough for your turrets to get em. Funny thing is you have all the great defense things that are only really useful in a cave but people like yourself never bothered with them in the past so its hard to wrap your head round using them now.

And how dumb raiders must be to not corpse-run those traps/purlovias beforehand? They do delay attackers but are not a solution to the problem on hand.

As a PvE player I can tell you that these things see little to no use from us other than transport of mass dinos. The cryogenic statis times are ridiculously long and as someone mentioned they take 10x damage in that time. Make some internal turrets and when someone throws their sleeping dino-mon in they'll melted. As someone else also mentioned, the point of PvP is P.V.P. If you're so upset about having people throw dinos in your base that are asleep for a half hour, maybe you shouldn't be playing PvP?

33 minutes ago, PooBrainPony said:

As a PvE player I can tell you that these things see little to no use from us other than transport of mass dinos. The cryogenic statis times are ridiculously long and as someone mentioned they take 10x damage in that time. Make some internal turrets and when someone throws their sleeping dino-mon in they'll melted. As someone else also mentioned, the point of PvP is P.V.P. If you're so upset about having people throw dinos in your base that are asleep for a half hour, maybe you shouldn't be playing PvP?

As a PvE player myself, you don't speak for me.

I use the cryo greatly. I want to continue my Yuty line in the future but currently have other projects. Boom, cryo'd. 

I have some Basil's to sell but market is currently down. Boom, cryo'd. Added bonus, I can sell them to players without water transmitters on other servers now without having to find a drop or borrow someone else's transmitter. 

We all know Ark happens so I'm currently raising 20 more boss Theri's. I'll cryo them and if I lose some of my current team, I'll have their replacements ready to go without hurting tribe or server cap.

That's just tip of the iceberg.

So many uses. These things are great.

47 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

As a PvE player myself, you don't speak for me.

I use the cryo greatly. I want to continue my Yuty line in the future but currently have other projects. Boom, cryo'd. 

I have some Basil's to sell but market is currently down. Boom, cryo'd. Added bonus, I can sell them to players without water transmitters on other servers now without having to find a drop or borrow someone else's transmitter. 

We all know Ark happens so I'm currently raising 20 more boss Theri's. I'll cryo them and if I lose some of my current team, I'll have their replacements ready to go without hurting tribe or server cap.

That's just tip of the iceberg.

So many uses. These things are great.

So... basically you use them for storage and transport too

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

And how dumb raiders must be to not corpse-run those traps/purlovias beforehand? They do delay attackers but are not a solution to the problem on hand.

Literally everything in Ark PvP is a delaying tactic. Putting up 100 turrets and filling them all to the brim doesn't stop raiders, it just makes then take an extra hour to raid you. Being attacked without any defenders online to actively fight is an automatic loss in Ark. It always has been. 

13 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

i reported this balance issue on day 1, this needs to be nerfed.
just run with high speed past turrets and unfreeze your tank/meatrun dino behind defenses. makes no sense.

cryopod was meant to solve pve tamecap, not to make pvp stupid easy.

It doesn't make PvP stupid easy. If your turrets are so badly designed that they can just "Run high speed" behind them, then the issue is your turrets. Not the cryopod. 

Not that Cryopod doesn't have it's own issues, but being able to drop tames inside a base you already control (Which you do if you manage to run past the turret line), is towards the bottom. 

The cryopod is useless to raid caves except with stegos. If anything it helps defenders because you can get larger tames in at a lower level. Usually you'd need to have a tek transmitter or teleporter to bring your larger tames into a cave or get lucky with a drop and if people can already get into your base like that then your f'd because they'd most likely have access to your transmitter. If people can already run past your turrets then youre already f'd because they can blow your stuff up. Rock elementals aren't the op dino in caves you'd be better off with a pachyrhino, trike, or stego because you won't have an issue with tall turret towers and the stego can be used to rocket run better, but even then if you built in good choke points people shouldn't be able to get a stego to a point that they'll be practical and you can already bring trikes into most caves. Not to mention cryopod are better for people building in caves because now you can build in the smaller caves and still store your dinos. It's better for tribes, even small tribes that don't have enough room to store tonnes of dinos. It makes building locations that used to be impractical now practical, if there is little room for dino storage. Also the nerfed them, dinos now take 10x damage when taken out of the cryopod for like 300 seconds or something like that, I can't remember. So fix your turret situation, most people can already rocket run almost every cave. If people can't run past your turrets then there isn't an issue, so stop complaining.

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

It doesn't make PvP stupid easy. If your turrets are so badly designed that they can just "Run high speed" behind them, then the issue is your turrets. Not the cryopod.

we just got attacked again by somebody throwing a pokeball down at a position where he could normally not come with the animal without blowing stuff up.

he didnt have to walk from an obelisk or drop with the animal, saving him alot of time.

there are caves which you cannot enter with a paracer or stego, but just throw pokeballs behind the narrow entrance and let it soak the turrets. it does make offline raiding easier and quicker. and the game is already to demanding as it is.

1 minute ago, BertNoobians said:

we just got attacked again by somebody throwing a pokeball down at a position where he could normally not come with the animal without blowing stuff up.

Sounds like you not taking into account how the meta would change with pokeballs. That doesn't make them OP, that simply requires you to adjust to it. 

2 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

there are caves which you cannot enter with a paracer or stego, but just throw pokeballs behind the narrow entrance and let it soak the turrets. it does make offline raiding easier and quicker. and the game is already to demanding as it is.

Then move the turret line up and kill them before they can throw the pokeball? Place giant hatch frames above the entrance so that they can't port in dinos, there is a collision check. 

None of this makes them broken, it simply changes the dynamics of how the game is going to be played. Not very much, but still, it changes how the game works. Every major content patch is going to change the meta, and how you should be building your bases and fight in PvP

For one, there are collision and size checks when using a cryopod.

I live entirely in 3 caves, none of which they will be able to pop out anything bigger than a trike (learn to build, i think someone mentioned the hatchframes).

Secondly, cave defences focus on choke points, they can pop a stego, drain one set of turrets, blow through and then have to repeat for every crawl space and choke point.

As mentioned above, its all about time same as before cryopods. If it takes an hour to get in, thats an hours warning, activity is a different issue as all offline defences eventually will be lost.

Thirdly, you can use cryopods to counter. They pop a stego out, you throw a theri at them, its your cave, be prepared to defend, beartraps are cheap as poop, plant y everywhere whilst they try and rocket run, spam fences everywhere and make sure you have good defensive positions. Nothing has really changed.

Also, its a risk taking cryopods into other peoples caves (thanks for the giga line Katheeri).

Archived