Tips for defeating gamma dragon

Ryrarn

Hi, how are you survivors?

One week ago we tried to do the bosses and with the broodmother and the megapithecus we were just fine... the problem was the dragon... while we survived the first 2 bosses with almost all the HP on our tames, the dragon just destroyed us and we just caused half of the boss hp... 

We had a high lvl yuty, 17 bred rexes with 400% damage and 20-25k hp and 2 boars... those stats are good for the dragon? We need more HP?

Any help will be apreciated... thanks!

Cheers

2 hours ago, Ryrarn said:

Hi, how are you survivors?

One week ago we tried to do the bosses and with the broodmother and the megapithecus we were just fine... the problem was the dragon... while we survived the first 2 bosses with almost all the HP on our tames, the dragon just destroyed us and we just caused half of the boss hp... 

We had a high lvl yuty, 17 bred rexes with 400% damage and 20-25k hp and 2 boars... those stats are good for the dragon? We need more HP?

Any help will be apreciated... thanks!

Cheers

Everybody uses Therizinosaurs since herbivores take less fire damage and they can spam veggie cakes for healing.  The most annoying thing about the dragon is it’s percentage based damage attack which hurts your rexes the most.  I haven’t personally managed to kill the dragon solo yet, but according to everybody else Therizinosaurs are the way to go.

12 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Everybody uses Therizinosaurs since herbivores take less fire damage and they can spam veggie cakes for healing.  The most annoying thing about the dragon is it’s percentage based damage attack which hurts your rexes the most.  I haven’t personally managed to kill the dragon solo yet, but according to everybody else Therizinosaurs are the way to go.

Or insanely OP Rexes that we could find on legacy... 25k hp 2k melee which embodies the saying: They can't hurt me if they are dead. 

15 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I always assumed people were playing on boosted servers whenever they drop a line about base melee over 1k

Most Rex are over 1k on PvE official if you only pump 25k hp (which is more than enough for everything (We even sold runs back in the days), but people are scared and pump 50k+ hp and then you are left with 600% melee). On legacy, some lines allow you to go 2k+.

21 hours ago, Ryrarn said:

How do you achieve that damage? Our rexes breed with 331% base damage and 9,5k base hp.

21 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

That isn't necessarily true. Legacy servers bear the results of multiple blunders and exploits. For instance when one of the WC support staff spawned a level 3500 Rex to "Punish cheaters" but the tribe he spawned it in bred it. There was also an exploit on tame-capped PvE servers that let you pop an egg (Which you couldn't claim), but could then tame for full effectiveness, and essentially repeat that process ad naseum to infinite levels. The level 2000 Quetzals found on Legacy were the result of this.

Given that those exploits existed, it's unlikely for mutation breeding to reach those levels within the current official servers lifespan. It is technically possible to reach those stats with advanced mutation breeding (IE 0ing out speed/oxy/food stats to prevent 450 death), but it's unlikely to be feasible given the time gate involved. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, iAmE said:

That isn't necessarily true. Legacy servers bear the results of multiple blunders and exploits. For instance when one of the WC support staff spawned a level 3500 Rex to "Punish cheaters" but the tribe he spawned it in bred it. There was also an exploit on tame-capped PvE servers that let you pop an egg (Which you couldn't claim), but could then tame for full effectiveness, and essentially repeat that process ad naseum to infinite levels. The level 2000 Quetzals found on Legacy were the result of this.

This was the result of a mistake, not a punishment. The GM mistakenly copy-pasted the levels while restoring creatures for a ticket and didn't notice. The 450 level cap, along with gmsummon scaling stats update was the result of this. Anyways, his question was "how do you", not "how did they" so my current answer is accurate. Otherwise, how do you get good stats these days? You tame babies? Or you wait for a mistake? Nope, you mass-mutate your tamed stats. ?

19 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Given that those exploits existed, it's unlikely for mutation breeding to reach those levels within the current official servers lifespan.

Well, just have a look to the trading section for PC-PVE. The current health being traded around is about that, 25k. And as for the damage, well, the 2k mentioned in this thread is just exaggerated. The max damage on a Rex is 1,625.2%.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This was the result of a mistake, not a punishment. The GM mistakenly copy-pasted the levels while restoring creatures for a ticket and didn't notice. The 450 level cap, along with gmsummon scaling stats update was the result of this. Anyways, his question was "how do you", not "how did they" so my current answer is accurate. Otherwise, how do you get good stats these days? You tame babies? Or you wait for a mistake? Nope, you mass-mutate your tamed stats. ?

Well, just have a look to the trading section for PC-PVE. The current health being traded around is about that, 25k. And as for the damage, well, the 2k mentioned in this thread is just exaggerated. The max damage on a Rex is 1,625.2%.

The 2k% isn't being exaggerated at all. We had several rexes well over 3-4k% on Official Legacy. Via that mistake. 

As for the the baby taming, that's the origin of the 4800 base Quetzal Weight that floated around for a while on Legacy.

I just wanted to point out that Legacy had a multitude of circumstances that blow the current game out of the water for a myriad of reasons, and to not take them as a benchmark. Certainly mutation breeding can achieve those results, and that's how you improve, just talking about why those stats are so absurd, particularly considering how short of a wipe cycle those servers had versus the current. 

9 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You can get over  1625.2% dmg after leveling.

• Volunteer Moderator
33 minutes ago, iAmE said:

The 2k% isn't being exaggerated at all. We had several rexes well over 3-4k% on Official Legacy. Via that mistake. 

As for the the baby taming, that's the origin of the 4800 base Quetzal Weight that floated around for a while on Legacy.

I just wanted to point out that Legacy had a multitude of circumstances that blow the current game out of the water for a myriad of reasons, and to not take them as a benchmark. Certainly mutation breeding can achieve those results, and that's how you improve, just talking about why those stats are so absurd, particularly considering how short of a wipe cycle those servers had versus the current. 

Yeah, the state of legacy was a bit ridiculous with all the exploiting that took place. ?

31 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

You can get over  1625.2% dmg after leveling.

We are talking about base stats here, or at least I am.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah, the state of legacy was a bit ridiculous with all the exploiting that took place. ?

We are talking about base stats here, or at least I am.

Ah yeah, looking back at it I can see you ment base stats, got a bit confused while reading the other posts that were talking about leveld stats

Archived