Question about Tusoteuthis.

Rakkasan

11 minutes ago, StrayPineapple said:

IT takes around and hour or a bit more to get that much... I have one too.. question.. how do u contain urs I’m nervous something will kill mine

I know just how you feel. I have mine at my slowly growing aquatic base in the frozen waters just West of Whitesky Peak. There is simply no way (though I'm still looking) to build a pen there. (At least one big enough for a Tuso.) There isn't a shore to speak of, just ice that suddenly drops off into the deep (deepish, I guess, lol). So I built a little quay (pier) to sort of dock it beside then placed a couple of Eerie turrets, positioned to as to kill anything that gets close. Works like a charm. It also has the wonderful side benefit of killing every coelacanth in the immediate vicinity, which I then can quickly and easily harvest with my Tuso. Plus the Megalodons seem to have gotten the message.  I haven't seen hide nor hair of one lately. :)

I could be wrong and need to research but I suspect there is no way to build a pen big enough to secure a Tuso. I'll let you know if I find a way and please do the same. Thank you.

- Rakkasan

Yea I found s spot so this is what you do... build stone air wooden pillars from the ground up all on the same lvl until u get to a night we’re the regular gate or behemoth gate peers over the surface of water. Place thatch feelings or foundations on the pillars and place the gates on the new structure... nothing can rly get through the pillars but I still put walls down so nothing could get through 

1 hour ago, StrayPineapple said:

Yea I found s spot so this is what you do... build stone air wooden pillars from the ground up all on the same lvl until u get to a night we’re the regular gate or behemoth gate peers over the surface of water. Place thatch feelings or foundations on the pillars and place the gates on the new structure... nothing can rly get through the pillars but I still put walls down so nothing could get through 

Ummm. I think I follow you, but could you please post some screen shots so I can replicate this? Sounds good but I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to such things. Thanks. :)

3 hours ago, qdzs1 said:

Ever heard of a behemoth gate?

Lol!j Of course. It's not a matter of the gate size. It's a matter of being able to place them, where my aquatic base is, in such a way that the Tuso can get it while nothing else can. There is no sloping grade into the water except for a very shallow patch of ice. Then a sheer drop off. This leaves no normal way to drop the gate, thus no normal way to build a pen. However I am listening to what Pineapple is saying and may try that. :)

Archived