Cmon ark devs. Wyvern chaos now.

CptChandler

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You are not making any sense there champ.

Actually it's you making no sense, this is clearly a PvE discussion, since on PvP you kite on a daily basis and is probably the only thing you can ever achieve there, its normal that you don't care about such things. Time to leave this thread for good man before you embarass yourself even more :)

This is extremely annoying! The city Is referred to as the “noob zone” because it’s safer than most? I haven’t even seen a corrupt Webern anywhere but the city !! I’m sick of risking my tames everytime I go 5ft away from my base because there are 3 lvl 300+ wyverns flying around.... and as if I’m going to lead them to my base and the x and turrets not be enough and lose it all..... if you don’t complete the osd they should IMMEDIATELY DESPAWN 

yea this is a bug that should have been addressed right away , iv been playing extinction since the day it was released and seen 0 "C Wyvs" in sanc/sunken , then the update hit 2 days ago and there have been about 25 300+ " C wyvs " in Sanc/Sunken , alot of people think they are being lured from purple drops but purple drops havent even spawned on our server yet. iv witnessed corrupted wyverns SPAWNING in sancuary , it looks like digimon pixels loading in then just flys around and starts taking out bases/dinos.  i understand this being a thing once transfers are out cause we should all have gigas/rexs/golems and be good but this is insane they arent supposed to be SPAWNING in front of my eyes.

9 hours ago, GodLikeFocus said:

This is extremely annoying! The city Is referred to as the “noob zone” because it’s safer than most? I haven’t even seen a corrupt Webern anywhere but the city !! I’m sick of risking my tames everytime I go 5ft away from my base because there are 3 lvl 300+ wyverns flying around.... and as if I’m going to lead them to my base and the x and turrets not be enough and lose it all..... if you don’t complete the osd they should IMMEDIATELY DESPAWN 

I thought the exact same thing it would literally eliminate this issue. And they should make a bubble where the wyverns on the map can't go beyond it so this kiting issue goes away. 

I think it is great!  If you want to be safe go play on Rag.  I have been wiped by one and understand.  It is the last map and should not be easy.  It is a blend of PVP for the PVE folks.  We as a server went and killed 4 yesterday at different locations around the map.  From the city to the dessert.  We had 4 gigas in the snow east.  One being a 140 that had more people freaking out.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:24 AM, ScubaJohn said:

I think it is great!  If you want to be safe go play on Rag.  I have been wiped by one and understand.  It is the last map and should not be easy.  It is a blend of PVP for the PVE folks.  We as a server went and killed 4 yesterday at different locations around the map.  From the city to the dessert.  We had 4 gigas in the snow east.  One being a 140 that had more people freaking out.

Kudos to thinking it's great for you. I'm tired of spending hours taming on official servers and getting wiped on pve, by an end game dyno. You're lucky to have a server like that but still it has caused me and several others to stop playing altogether. Ark just seems to be losing so many fans just when I started getting into the new map this starts and completely ruins the game. I hope the dev's atee working to fix this. To me seems like an easier way to allow griefing when they have setup methods to avoid it. It's like the dev is griefing anyone who is trying to start fresh or have fun. Wyverns should be killed if they come from an unfinished drop...... period.  If they exist on the map in a certain area..... they shouldn't be moving themselves into any other region. 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:51 AM, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Actually it's you making no sense, this is clearly a PvE discussion, since on PvP you kite on a daily basis and is probably the only thing you can ever achieve there, its normal that you don't care about such things. Time to leave this thread for good man before you embarass yourself even more :)

Hey Fluffy, earlier you mentioned Velonasaur being a solution to the wyverns.  To that end I did some testing on singleplayer (which is set up and tweaked to emulate very closely (98% the same) how official functions.  It is not the gutted version of singleplayer where nothing does any damage, and it is very hard to die.  I set it up like this because I wanted to be able to test things EXACTLY LIKE THIS and have results consistent with official multiplayer.

I used 3.7k hp/290 melee base Velos and bred them, hatched twins, imprinted them to full.  I used primitive saddles (only 25 armor), and after imprint and maturation i leveled them to 10k HP, 500 melee, and one to 2k stam, other to 2.6k stam.  I used the 2.6k stam one at first and then switched to 2k stam one.

The advantage of the Velo is that the spines, after enough direct hits quickly, bring fliers down.  I mean it grounds them, so they have to run to you.  With said Velo build, I took on a lvl 300 corrupted wyvern, multiple times, and once it was grounded, I took flame-breaths and bites while letting my stam top off, and then unleashed a hellstorm of right-click AOE attacks that shredded the wyvern to ribbons in a few seconds.  It had no chance, it WAS able to damage me down to roughly 6K hp, with burns and bites,

In the middle of one encounter, I was feared by a Yuty.  The wyvern (which I had shot and grounded once) ignored me while I was feared and focused on the carno/yuty pack, but the carnos and yutys did not ignore me so I did get rocked by them for a bit (and burned), until the wyvern killed a few of the carnos.  That mostly took the heat off, but when I came out of fear I finished the yuty and one carno, and sat gathering stamina again.  When full I immediately carried out Strike-Team Thunder/Kill Alpha: Hard Target orders on the corrupted wyvern (pepper with turret-spines till grounded, immediately when grounded back out of turret mode and let stam refill, let target walk to close gap while stam refills then barrage with rightclick). 

It works man!  Even went sideways like I describe, and I came out with more than 50% HP.  Prim saddle, full imprint.  I'm thinking 7K HP and rest melee would probably have you dropping them like flies.

8 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Hey Fluffy, earlier you mentioned Velonasaur being a solution to the wyverns.  To that end I did some testing on singleplayer (which is set up and tweaked to emulate very closely (98% the same) how official functions.  It is not the gutted version of singleplayer where nothing does any damage, and it is very hard to die.  I set it up like this because I wanted to be able to test things EXACTLY LIKE THIS and have results consistent with official multiplayer.

I used 3.7k hp/290 melee base Velos and bred them, hatched twins, imprinted them to full.  I used primitive saddles (only 25 armor), and after imprint and maturation i leveled them to 10k HP, 500 melee, and one to 2k stam, other to 2.6k stam.  I used the 2.6k stam one at first and then switched to 2k stam one.

The advantage of the Velo is that the spines, after enough direct hits quickly, bring fliers down.  I mean it grounds them, so they have to run to you.  With said Velo build, I took on a lvl 300 corrupted wyvern, multiple times, and once it was grounded, I took flame-breaths and bites while letting my stam top off, and then unleashed a hellstorm of right-click AOE attacks that shredded the wyvern to ribbons in a few seconds.  It had no chance, it WAS able to damage me down to roughly 6K hp, with burns and bites,

In the middle of one encounter, I was feared by a Yuty.  The wyvern (which I had shot and grounded once) ignored me while I was feared and focused on the carno/yuty pack, but the carnos and yutys did not ignore me so I did get rocked by them for a bit (and burned), until the wyvern killed a few of the carnos.  That mostly took the heat off, but when I came out of fear I finished the yuty and one carno, and sat gathering stamina again.  When full I immediately carried out Strike-Team Thunder/Kill Alpha: Hard Target orders on the corrupted wyvern (pepper with turret-spines till grounded, immediately when grounded back out of turret mode and let stam refill, let target walk to close gap while stam refills then barrage with rightclick). 

It works man!  Even went sideways like I describe, and I came out with more than 50% HP.  Prim saddle, full imprint.  I'm thinking 7K HP and rest melee would probably have you dropping them like flies.

Thats good to know, that they actually bring flyers down - didn't know that! But you were on them so you could control what they did, I was talking about turret mode and killing the wyvern pretty quick - people on our server have a bunch of velos on their roofs just to be able to deal with the wyverns - but also good to know that they are good to ride on. We also have some people on our server who run around on velos and kill corrupted gigas with them. :D

10 hours ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Thats good to know, that they actually bring flyers down - didn't know that! But you were on them so you could control what they did, I was talking about turret mode and killing the wyvern pretty quick - people on our server have a bunch of velos on their roofs just to be able to deal with the wyverns - but also good to know that they are good to ride on. We also have some people on our server who run around on velos and kill corrupted gigas with them. :D

The biggest issue is if Velonasaur is nerfed on its damage wise (which I can foresee that, since most other turret only deals 10% damage against corrupt and to WC, it looks unbalanced), you would really need decent dinos to even fend yourself; otherwise, you are pretty much "kicked" from the server, if not, permanently, long as the corrupt wyverns or gigas immediately appear at your doorstep and bulldoze everything you made to the ground.

well the wyverns on extinction only roam around at certain altitudes(unless in the sunken forest then they just stay low to the ground) so maybe you and everyone on your server should build bases high up and OFF the ground, until you have tames strong enough to kill them lol...EXTINCTION IS NOT AN EASY MAP LIKE THE REST OF THEM ARE.

17 minutes ago, BoxBoxBox said:

All you guys who say we just need to build better bases, give me an owl, a canteen, and a stack of cooked meat on your server and see if you still have a base tomorrow.

i mean i am playing a slightly boosted server with lvl300 dinos so on a hard supply drop the wyverns are like lvl 500+...but they are still killable...they just hurt alot and i have to actually maneuver the wyvern to get attacks in without being hit...they are ALL fire wyverns too so their fire attack is VERY dodgable...im just saying they are unkillable...you just have to be well established i guess.

I'm using velonasaurs bred to 8k HP and 900% melee post-imprint, and they absolutely demolish the drops.  (Admittedly, I got some lottery winner base parents).  I can trivially solo yellow drops with 1.  Melee on it is currently 1200%, HP is 16k, and stamina (what I level up primarily now) is sitting around 8k.  I can turret for a very long time, but I let the mobs gather on the drop, run up, and shotgun them down extremely quickly.  On the first yellow drop I solo'd, I let the shield drop on the 2nd wave and went 2 more waves with only losing 27 HP on the drop itself.    It seems that the only REAL threat on the map to these things is a normal giga.  Wyverns don't have the health pool to be too threatening.  I wouldn't try to solo a red drop w/o an owl, though, to heal up between waves.

Btw to anyone following this post, xplants do 32 dmg a shot to corrupted, tek turrets do 8, and regular turrets do like 2 dmg. Your first move when setting up a base should be to grow xplants and corrupted cant touch it. 

Velonasaur is also a good option but xplants are all ya NEED to keep your base safe. 

55 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I'm using velonasaurs bred to 8k HP and 900% melee post-imprint, and they absolutely demolish the drops.  (Admittedly, I got some lottery winner base parents).  I can trivially solo yellow drops with 1.  Melee on it is currently 1200%, HP is 16k, and stamina (what I level up primarily now) is sitting around 8k.  I can turret for a very long time, but I let the mobs gather on the drop, run up, and shotgun them down extremely quickly.  On the first yellow drop I solo'd, I let the shield drop on the 2nd wave and went 2 more waves with only losing 27 HP on the drop itself.    It seems that the only REAL threat on the map to these things is a normal giga.  Wyverns don't have the health pool to be too threatening.  I wouldn't try to solo a red drop w/o an owl, though, to heal up between waves.

Red drops are doable without an owl.

We clear them succesfully with a pair of mate boosted 500% gigas (130 armor saddles) and a Managamr for crowd control. Just need to be extra careful with enraged trikes as they tend to enrage gigas quite easily.

Corrupted gigas are not that terrible if they are below level 75. The first bite usually enrage them and by the time their animation is over, they're dead anyways.

Regards.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:31 PM, TrojanV said:

I forgot why I stopped playing this game for so long until stupid things like this happens. 

Corrupted Wyverns 300+ spawning all over the world... 

Multiple Turrets with 600+ Bullets, 3 people shooting rifles, and 2 people on Managarmr.

We built our base in the Sunken forest thinking we would be safe from these, but apparently NOT.... Take a look at everything we lost... I think I'm officially done with ARK. 

Moved from PVP to get away from the Chinese griefers (not that it's any better on PVE) but figured we at least couldn't get wiped when we were offline, but then Wildcard decides to bend us over and give it to us full tilt.

https://puu.sh/C3tgt/3f9df62be1.jpg

test.png

I feel said about you. but Our base haven't any problem when people kite two 300+ wyvern on my base. I kill both wyvern by my self and we don't have any dino die. You should learn how to build better defend system and get more x plan. I have a lot of fun on this DLC and it seem charllaging for some people.

Fix to this when Wyvern is lured and has not been killed the next morning in game as sun rises poof if not then I guess our bases and dinos should get a buff to corruption, last night tamed a velo lvl 50 for defense yea it’s crap but woke up to I dead, I play offline raid so that had to have happend in 15 minutes they saw me log off and sent it, today I log in Wyverns in the desert lake the noob spawn I managed to tame a lvl 120 velo, here comes a guy on a pt kamakazi my base with this Wyvern, yeah it’s funny it’s fun as hell I like the idea don’t remove it lol, but when it kills all my games they stood no chance and it tears down all gates and base I get a little upset, once it’s fine, 4 or 5 times really lol? It’s not wild cards fault it’s the people who play I understand. But they need to be despanwed after so long

5 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Red drops are doable without an owl.

We clear them succesfully with a pair of mate boosted 500% gigas (130 armor saddles) and a Managamr for crowd control. Just need to be extra careful with enraged trikes as they tend to enrage gigas quite easily.

Corrupted gigas are not that terrible if they are below level 75. The first bite usually enrage them and by the time their animation is over, they're dead anyways.

Regards.

A mate boosted pair of gigas and a managarmr is hardly soloing the drop...

6 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

A mate boosted pair of gigas and a managarmr is hardly soloing the drop...

If you read again my post, I said WE which implies I'm not soloing them (3 men team).

On my cluster (no mods), difficulty setting is at 10, which implies level 300 wild dinos and 360-380 for tek, drakes/wyverns and corrupted dinos. Our gigas are above level 450 (500%+ dmg with 130 saddles) and the managmr is around 430 (700% dmg) as we speak. Corrupted dinos from the red drops usually spawn in the 220-320 range which is still not enough for them to stay alive longer than a few seconds.

After the OSD, each giga hardly lost 3-4k hp out of their 17-18k pool and the managmr is barely touched. So why bother with an owl anyways? I'd rather take a yuti at this point and make things even quicker.

No offense to you, but don't make the assumption that OSDs are impossible to clear with that setup or even solo because YOU can't do it.

Regards.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Tbh, no idea. We have Wyverns all over the city - haven't seen any in sunken forest (which is good cause we build there) - but it sucks, every 5 minutes some1 else cries for help because he cant fend off the wyvern. Time to build up turrets again...nice pve.

Solution: Either make them despawn after a vein is succesfully destroyed or when they are out of range (make an invisible dino leash spawn with the vein so they cant fly off the spot, and if they do let them despawn)

they will destroy the dino leash

Archived