Cmon ark devs. Wyvern chaos now.

CptChandler

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is wild card stupid or just want us to quit playing the game. u put 300+ wyvern in the sanctuary with no way to defend. our whole server just got wrecked from 4 of them. 20 ppl can't play cause no way to defend. we can't even transfer from old servers to defend our stuff. good job as always I'm thinking if this isn't resolved in a timely manner not playing any more myself. all they have done is lie like our leg servers never getting shut down. now they're making it imposable to play a normal game.

Tbh, no idea. We have Wyverns all over the city - haven't seen any in sunken forest (which is good cause we build there) - but it sucks, every 5 minutes some1 else cries for help because he cant fend off the wyvern. Time to build up turrets again...nice pve.

Solution: Either make them despawn after a vein is succesfully destroyed or when they are out of range (make an invisible dino leash spawn with the vein so they cant fly off the spot, and if they do let them despawn)

5 minutes ago, CptChandler said:

Or open server transfers so we can deal with this. This is a endgame map and our hands are tied. Having to start from scratch again is fun and all, but not with this mess.

Biggest problem is, when this thing is on your base even 6 turrets cant kill it fast enough before some serious dmg happens. I don't get the idea of having the whole server suffer because some1 tries to be funny and starts those legendary drops and flys off. It's stupid and is not fun at all - we built our 3rd base today, we lost the first to veins, the second to 2 wyverns and 1 rex and well, lets see what happens now - we went to the forest now, super quiet right now, saw a wyvern down there but now we have a giga, atleast that helps to kill em off faster.

Any idea if the velonasauros is a better turret that kills of wyverns fast? If so, I need those high lvl guys.

This bugs me that this problem exists. They could have a very simple fix for this, and that’s just forbidding any corrupted creature from entering the City. It makes sense lore-wise, and would solve all the high level corrupted’s issues.

If a forcefield is impossible, just have corrupted’s take damage at a decent pace while inside the city so you can’t farm corrupted creatures easily, but there aren’t swarms of wyverns scattered about. This means people would still need defense, but not nearly as much as they need now. You COULD have them die instantly upon entering the city but I feel that would be too easily exploited.

I thought the whole point of the OSD and element vein events is to protect the goal from spawned waves of corrupted dinos trying to destroy it and any players/tames in its proximity. In the absence of players/tames, they should converge on the goal, attack it until destroyed and despawn gracefully. That they continue to linger on as part of the server's wild population is problematic and easily exploitable ☹️

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Why are so many PVE types complaining about this? This is your PVE content.

This game is meant to be challenging not a cake walk. If you lost your base then obviously you didn't build it right. Try again.

Yeah but if it is how I understand, it is a broken or an unintended mechanic. There isnt supposed to be level 300+ wyverns wandering about the sanctuary or the sunken forest. These wyverns should be targetting the OSDs and I can imagine them getting distracted causes issues with the OSD progression. The PvE content in regards to this is the challenging OSD drops not some rogue wyvern wiping beach bobs. If nothing else someones getting insane loot rather easily at the expense of some level 5 just chilling in a thatch hut lol

21 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

Extinction is now life for 1.5 wreks or so?

Cannot expect everyone to be at mid/high tier to defend against those wyverns.

People gotta work, eat, sleep aswell.

It will be the same in ten months for new player.
Actually I'm happy with it, it adds challenge, (especially to PVE)
Base defence has now an utility.

Anyway, Velonasaur are very good against thouse wyvern

Well that part with " cant dmg structure" just erase. JUst got  wrecked from 2 300+ wyverns. 80% wiped out.  Why schould i even continue to play this dlc ??  I started like before few days, new player and when  things like this happens motivation drops realy. 

I cant build everything from mettal, i cant have gigas, rexes dont know what else to defend base, so what choice i have ??

3 hours ago, Globy said:

Than others can help out the new players. Now there are not many that can help.

6 hours ago, Globy said:

The whole OSD concept is fun, but im built in the middle of the sanctuary ontop of the buildings, and you're telling me a 484 paracer is supposed to spawn there? in the middle of a structure i have built?

i get the challenging part but corrupted dinos are not supposed to spawn in domes/sanctuary/sunken forest if you follow the lore correctly, they should lose their corruption since those areas are protected by obelisks hereby be unable to damage metal/tek.

+ velonosaurs are unable to kill them before major damage gets done to your base since they barely do dmg since the last patch. and their aim sucks now

PVE players are the ones who dont have the time to be online 24/7... turrets are not effective, they just soak it all up they break metal like its wood.
there is litteraly no way possible to defend without major losses when offline.

also you tried the element veins yet? raptors/dilos who are litteraly halfway in the vein, try killing those without damaging it. yeah the veins take damage like wood would.. atleast set the veins to respond like stone structures since corrupted dinos dmg metal/tek, or fix it so the AI you're supposed to kill isnt inside the thing you're trying to protect..

i wouldve preferred caves/water biomes again with actual difficulty were you had to grapple/fight your way thru, but the whole map is just random spawns, i mean you can find managarmr's & snow owls in the desert biome. theyve had 8 MONTHS and litterally we got half assed content, the wasteland food debuff doesnt take efect, no eclipses, no electric storms.. so much unique content was promised but evrything we got is poorly done.

-Managarmr's floating to space
-obvious spots to undermesh

-Resource nodes spawning under the mesh

-broken dino spawns

-city terminals/boss terminals unacessable

-bases taking damage at areas were they should not

-forges glitching out making them unable to melt scrap iron & condensed gas

and theres so much more, people have built & lost their bases 3 times or more now in a week and a half. not due to toxic players, but half assed content.

the work of a dev isnt easy but look at 287.100 how did they not notice that update removed TEK rock drake saddles... or that The waves of OSD once broken dont despawn.. 
that the 'fixed dino spawns' makes corrupted dinos spawn in areas theyre not supposed to, the last 2 were specific goals of that patch. 

I forgot why I stopped playing this game for so long until stupid things like this happens. 

Corrupted Wyverns 300+ spawning all over the world... 

Multiple Turrets with 600+ Bullets, 3 people shooting rifles, and 2 people on Managarmr.

We built our base in the Sunken forest thinking we would be safe from these, but apparently NOT.... Take a look at everything we lost... I think I'm officially done with ARK. 

Moved from PVP to get away from the Chinese griefers (not that it's any better on PVE) but figured we at least couldn't get wiped when we were offline, but then Wildcard decides to bend us over and give it to us full tilt.

https://puu.sh/C3tgt/3f9df62be1.jpg

test.png

19 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Are these just spawning when people do the veins, or randomly by themselves? Just updated my private server but not sure if I should fire it up untill its addressed

Only when people do the veins/higher pods.  I've been running my server since the update, and without anyone doing the events, all you have are wimpy low level ones around the map.

Archived