What's Next for Ark?

jsheerin98

Hey guys, I was just wondering, Now that Extinction has been released, is WildCard going to be working on TLC Phase 3? I would love to see the Carno, Megaloceros, Megalodon, Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurus, Pterandon, Giganotosaurus, Allosaurus, Mammoth, Diplodocus, Stego & Bronto to get a TLC because they well deserve it!

27 minutes ago, Darkwinter said:

Haven't followed this at all. They're gonna make ARK 2?

Even despite all my negativity surrounding the game in its current state, I hope so. With Ark1s success maybe they can make Ark 2 and properly support it this time. 

Though personally, I still think it will be a year and one DLC for Ark1 before we see any teasers or updates on the potential Ark2

The end cutscene of Extinction hints at a possible story dlc in the future. Their statement of Extinction being the last story dlc may have been to mislead the public or that they thought it would be the last dlc at the time. I’m sure they’ll use Ark as as long as possible to make sure they get their money’s worth. Atlas will probably be the first of the dlcs to do so. After that, it will either be more dlc(s), a possible story dlc(s), or the possibility of Ark 2. I personally hope for more story dlcs. I want to know what happens next to humanity now that everyone is on Earth. 

11 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Spoilers:

With the final skin, you pretty much can't become any stronger than light/energy its self.

That doesn't mean there aren't challenges to be met, it simply means an end to the "Ascension" of your character. There are plenty of concepts to explore, such as reclaiming the ARK system and/or Earth. 

WC will retire with the millions that they have made. The official servers will slowly die off as they wont get supported and then the unofficial servers will take over and the playerbase will slowly die.

Oh, did I really just type that?!

In all seriousness, I have no idea what they will do.. maybe a total spacelike world as its next map?

Archived