Geforce 1080 & Nvidia Driver 416.94

gczWarlock

Yesterday i installed the latest Nvidia Driver wich caused me some Performance Problems.

Just Wanting to share my expirience.

Problems :

1. While standing outside of my Base, watching straight down, my fps dropped significantly. Also wenn walking up to the industrial forge looking directly into the fire dropped my fps.

2. Screen flicker. As i was experiencing Screen flicker also in the past, with this Version of driver it was way more intense. Looking at the Desert Dome it was pulsating at a high rate.

3. The morning and evening Light atmosphere turned my view in a very dense purple ambient, while looking in the direction of the sun. by turning in the oposite direction this effect disapeared.

4. The transistion of the sun light effect was not smooth. it looked like standing at the edge of a dome.

So i deinstalled (clean) the Nvidia Driver and installed an older Version. 398.82.

With this Version most of the issues are solved.

1.  solved

2. clearly reduced the flicker. slight flicker is still noticable but at a lower rate. and from outside the domes no flicker apearing at all.

3. solved

4. solved

I am using :

Win7 64bit

32gig Ram

intel i7-3770K

Asus Strix-GTX108-8G-Gaming

Dual Monitor Setup, active G-Sync (2*2560x1440). (Game on Monitor 1, Ark Wiki on Monitor2 ;) )

If you are experiencing same issues please share your thoughts.

Archived