Desert Titan Nerf

Bastipcf

From PVP-perspectives, the desert titan is way too much OP. Due to the open fields on extinction it can raid like every single base easily, there's really nothing that can stop it. 

Isn't it enough, that it's Actually a flying base? I really think, that it's attacking abilities should be disabled. It's too unbalanced otherwise. 

And nerf the owls healing ability. Tribes do actually use that to heal up their titans to keep them forever (broken mechanic as well). 

Ummm nope. Titanosaur pales in comparison to the titans. Much more difficult to tame, they dont last as long, have 1/3 the health and no special attacks.

Each of the titans can be soloed, and in the case of the forest titan can be tamed with no resource investment besides a few beds to spawn at and tribute to summon.

The titans need to be weaker when tamed than when in the wild.

13 minutes ago, RasFW said:

Ummm nope. Titanosaur pales in comparison to the titans. Much more difficult to tame, they dont last as long, have 1/3 the health and no special attacks.

Each of the titans can be soloed, and in the case of the forest titan can be tamed with no resource investment besides a few beds to spawn at and tribute to summon.

The titans need to be weaker when tamed than when in the wild.

Pfft I wiped entire server on offical with Titanosaur tamed in 30 min zzz   not much difference Titan or Titanosaur my titanosaur had 350k hp after tame plus if transferred the new Titan supposed to last one HR 

8 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Pfft I wiped entire server on offical with Titanosaur tamed in 30 min zzz   not much difference Titan or Titanosaur my titanosaur had 350k hp after tame plus if transferred the new Titan supposed to last one HR 

So the new titans still have double the titanosaur HP, regenerate health and you dont need to farm cannonballs to tame them on top of special abilities and the saddle is FREE. 

Titanosaur cannot be transferred at all, so you must tame it on the map you use it. It doesnt fly or jump either.

If the extinction titans' saddles had to be crafted and cost 250 element to make along with titanosaur resources that would be something.

If they took extra damage on the ARKs, because they are the embodiment of corruption and the ARKs supposedly have technology to dispel corruption when they reached earth, that would be something.

If a tribe could only own one titan at a time, that would be something. People are taking desert and forest titans now, amd using the desert as a dropship to put the forest titan right on top of bases.

If the titans could only be summoned once a week, that would be something. Right now you can tame one, send it away. Tame another, send it. And keep going. The tributes are not hard to farm.

Right now they're a walking nuclear warhead with no restrictions what-so-ever. Their only hard counter is Mek cannon, and since those rockets get shot down you have to power down your base to use it.

Wait, you can actually tame more than one on servers? THAT needs a change. A nerf would be good too but I think it’s a bad idea to globally nerf their stats into the ground  for PVE player’s sake (they’d become even more useless) Having a major debuff outside Extinction would be good, as would a general weakness to Element weaponry/Tek creatures (including MEKs)

• 2 weeks later...

In PVE the desert titan is mostly a vanity pet, unless of course you are on an official server and love the grind. For the rest of us PVE players it's practical usage is minimal, but of course all bow to the PVP mandate and make them completely useless. So many mechanics in this game have already been trashed in favor of PVP that if it wasn't for modders the game would be defunct. I get why PVP players don't like some aspects but why always bow to them? Why not make changes configurable so if a servers community is happy with the way it works it can be left that way? It would really be nice to see the devs throw PVE a bone and not nerf something for once!

I've been saying this since Extinction was first released. The Titans are totally broken and the Desert one is the worst offender of the lot.

I don't know how the balance tester can sit there looking at his charts of all the dinos and their stats and conclude yes the game really needs a Titanosaur that flies and has double the hit points and oh is easier to tame. In their quest to sell expansions with ever more bigger, stronger and more powerful creatures they have left balance behind in the dust.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:38 AM, RasFW said:

What do you mean? The forest titan gives you FREE WYVERNS to tame it with. ?

We tamed it while an enemy tribe was frantically sniping us, stealing wyverns and doing anything trying to stop us. We just ignored them and tamed the sucker. Lol

Forgot the quote "FREE WYVERN". They don't stick around for very long.

On 11/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, Lycan187u said:

It will get worked out Forrest Titan hp is bugged ATM  an yes I agree needs some fixes supposed to only allow one Titan on any given map so this is exploited ATM it's fresh off the grill hot an ready xD lol give it time it will be fixed asap I'm betting in next few patches

Maybe limit it to one of each Titan per map

And only one Titan per Tribe.

Add Tribe based cooldowns that are longer than the individual Titan cooldowns, so other Tribes have a chance to get them.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2018 at 3:34 AM, Leonhardt said:

Maybe limit it to one of each Titan per map

And only one Titan per Tribe.

Add Tribe based cooldowns that are longer than the individual Titan cooldowns, so other Tribes have a chance to get them.

First off there’s already a way around this, if they put a tribe cool down onto it all you would have to do is kick a person from your tribe have them start a new tribe and boom no more cool down 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 12:51 PM, Everweed said:

If you wanna nerf the titans because they are stronger than a titanosaur then you should nerf the rexs because they are stronger than dilophosaurus and the wyverns cuz they are stronger than pteranodons

1. necro

2. titans are easier to tame than the titanosaur, not the other way around

3. titan wiping is the reason official pvp is nothing but cave bases

17 hours ago, solix414 said:

1. necro

2. titans are easier to tame than the titanosaur, not the other way around

3. titan wiping is the reason official pvp is nothing but cave bases

Honestly titanosaur in my opinion  is way easier to tame 30 cannon balls and a quetzal roughly a 30 min tame can be done solo and you can box the rider. unlike extinction  titans where the rider is exposed  I've tamed titanosaur  on official and wiped 4 bases with it lol the only reason it died was from a player in the opposing tribe lured a wild giga as a last Stand .and proofed to work really well xD . My tamed titan on official had 350k hp I was able to heal him passively to around 275khp before I started the raids.  Just my 2 cents

Archived