Gacha is OP and needs to be nerfed

Wraithhunter

The gacha dropping such good ascended loot and so damn often like flak at such high dura and ascended shotguns with like 300 to 400 damage is completely destroying the balance of the pvp world and needs to be fixed and somehow take those items away from players that got them already, I’m talking about official pvp mostly, I can’t believe the devs even let this in the game, I could understand if it was a super rare thing but it’s so frequent. And also drops and loot crates haven’t been spewning on any maps on small tribes that I’ve been on 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2018 at 4:38 PM, flamron said:

Maybe they’re making up for the inability to ride 95% of them by giving better loot?

They're all ridable, but there's a bug where you cant ride it if you open the inventory the wrong way (on ps4 at least)

You need to go look at it and it says (equip saddle to ride) then press the mount button instead of the open-dino-inventory button to equip the saddle.

Gachas are fine, best way to get poly and Blackpearls, mhhh I love my 3k Blackpearls per day :D

But i play PvE, so I can't say much about PvP but we dont get that much ascendant gear or even MC, and we have a tribemate that AFK's in base just for the crystal-party :D

But the thing is, everybody can have Gachas, so let everyone get the better stuff - the map is hard enough with those wyverns :D

Gachas require a Lot of space (IE a VERY large base or just risking them in the open) to function...I've been testing, it's at least 12 tiles per mated couple and possibly a bit more (some are unhappy even at larger ranges)...vertically you need more than 15 walls higher (it may be much more, I have to experiement but we built our base at 15 and that's not enough).    Keep in mind Gachas are massive, and need 5 walls high(6 to ride them) and about 3 tiles on both x and z axis for each to fit comfortably.    

So if you wanted 8 Gachas, you would need to make a square at about 24x24 (6 tiles for a pair, two pairs so 12 + the 12 tiles distance=24) and squeeze them into the corners.     That's a floor with 576 ceilings/foundations, another 576 walls, and another 576 ceilings...for 8 gachas.   Of course, 8 isn't enough to cover all their possible production mats, and as I alluded I'm not sure 12 tiles is enough either, there's some weird interactions I don't think we've discovered yet.

So unless you put a Lot of effort into building a gigantic base, you can't efficiently farm Gachas.    Not saying it's not doable, it totally is doable...but if your tribe is the type that can pull the resources to build that size of a base you're probably not hurting for resources anyway?

I'm almost positive these were implemented into the game with this feature specifically to help give the average player a fighting chance against tyrannical alphas.
I agree that it needs to be nerfed (again) and modified, but I also feel that high quality weapons and armor are entirely intentional to help balance the playing field a little more. It's not a perfect solution by any means, but the idea that the random you're trying to grief might be able to one-shot you with a really good longneck is an interesting dynamic to add to official PvP.

The problem is that while it boosts up players who aren't as developed, it also better arms the alpha and other large tribes, too, so... again, not at all a perfect solution but I see where they were going with this.

Well while I agree, it's ability to poop an entire armory out of its' back at such  a rate is slightly  ridiculous, you do have to bear in mind both from a PVE perspective and the fact that, otherwise, the Gacha is basically useless. I do agree that it's speed could definitely be tweaked to where it only produces so many items within a certain length of time, or the crafting skill value could be changed so players can't abuse what essentially becomes a free blacksmith that gives craptons of gear both very decent and amazing, however, remember that, if nerfed in the wrong spot, the Gacha could become useless. That and, with the lack of loot drops save for the hard-af-to-solo-wave challenges, this provides a good alternative to those who are unable or unwilling to do those supply drops. I agree with the nerf idea, but only if it's done  right.

Archived