Pillars

JpNog19

11 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

They are already enforcing it for a while now. For example:

I read through that topic, sounds like he may have been banned for piping someone, NOT pillar spamming.....

How this grief works, is the player builds hundreds or thousands of pipes IN your base, in PVE u can build off other tribes pipes.
They build so many they basically make a massive cob web and make your base an unplayable mess. Back in the day you couldnt even fly through the cob web, it would knock u off your mount. So they could render your base really broken.

This is not pillar spam, its a much more serious kind of griefing. If the griefer is smart, they will load a box with pipes and pin, then use another tribe with a lvl1 to do it so they themselves dont get banned. Ive seen people doing this on PVE over the years, and ive seen people wiped for it on PVE.

So back to the original topic. they dont enforce pillar spam IMO.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, MostSpy said:

I read through that topic, sounds like he may have been banned for piping someone, NOT pillar spamming.....

How this grief works, is the player builds hundreds or thousands of pipes IN your base, in PVE u can build off other tribes pipes.
They build so many they basically make a massive cob web and make your base an unplayable mess. Back in the day you couldnt even fly through the cob web, it would knock u off your mount. So they could render your base really broken.

This is not pillar spam, its a much more serious kind of griefing. If the griefer is smart, they will load a box with pipes and pin, then use another tribe with a lvl1 to do it so they themselves dont get banned. Ive seen people doing this on PVE over the years, and ive seen people wiped for it on PVE.

So back to the original topic. they dont enforce pillar spam IMO.

These are just examples that are given in the Code of Conduct; pillars spam is treated the same way. The response is also quite explicit on that:

On 8/8/2018 at 12:43 PM, ScoutAlpha said:

The action was taken for excessive structures and land claiming in areas that are away from your tribe area.

Anyways, here is some proofs:

gm.jpg

Just to validate the statement above about it not being enforced. I challenge you to provide ANY official island PVE server, where the entire west coast beaches are not completely pillared (in areas where bases dont exist.)

You can take all day, and your welcome to use the ENTIRE server list for your search. Good luck ?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

Just to validate the statement above about it not being enforced. I challenge you to provide ANY official island PVE server, where the entire west coast beaches are not completely pillared (in areas where bases dont exist.)

You can take all day, and your welcome to use the ENTIRE server list for your search. Good luck ?

No thanks, the further I am from officials the better I feel. ?

2 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

Also, providing proof of enforcement is one thing. actual reality of what the state of the servers are in is another thing. Its NOT being enforced and the state of the servers DONT LIE. that is fact.

Well, as stated above, it starts with reports. If you think a tribe is excessively claiming land, report it and it will be investigated. I'm not going to debate about it, I just pointed out that they do take actions against pillar spamming so yeah, your best bet is to report the offenders and let them do their job.

personally i am literally stuck in the middle of the river with no access to the ocean since 2 tribes have blocked off the river pass into the coastline i reported both the tribes and the reply was i can still reach the coastline without a raft so its not blocking .... yet the river is completely blocked both ways and then then it goes into the swamp . so i am blocked and no offence to the other guys i was there way before them even pillars IN the water didnt stop them placing a Beh gate (wasn't my pillar i will add)  to block it fully but hey ho if enforcement is not done to the letter of the code we read then what hope do we have of believing that 'decent enforcement' will ever happen on official .. and the mod that stays AWAY from official just compounds the fact that they are a massive pillar fest of well pillars....

@invincibleqc Look at these screenshots from "Official Scorched 98" where I am right now,  this is what a typical official server looks like. Extreme excessive land claiming.

- Blue ob completely pillared, EVEN THE UNBUILDABLE AREA IN THE MOUNTAIN WASNT SPARED BY THIS GRIEFER!!!!!
- The person who owns the pillars, his base is on the other side of the map..................

346110_20181117134209_1.jpg

346110_20181117142019_1.thumb.jpg.e40bce42c0b052432307967fe93c3f54.jpg

Screenshot from the roof of his small base

346110_20181117135052_1.jpg

Of course, this is only a small sample of the total devastation this one player is having on the server... I obviously dont have all day to take screenshots of the abuse hes causing. Not to mention all of the other tribes who done similar.

8 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Notice how there is no pillar spam in PVP?  that's because players know there is consequences for annoying other pvpers. Now look at PVE, there is no consequences from WC, hence the abuse flourishes.

I notice. I was on official server where THE WHOLE MAP and EVERY EVERY beacon and loot drop was unreacheable for anyone. And if you believe that is rare trust me - it dont.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:24 AM, JpNog19 said:

Why do people put pillars avoiding others to build on PvE servers? It's REALLY annoying :/

Bc people ***** not so important where it is PVE or PVP. They had no empathy to others, no respect for others players and their efforts which they put in these game. WC was trying to fix these issues but we know that whatever they do - nothing would be change. People would be remain the same and they found a way how to ruin someone else gameplay. 

I notice. I was on official server where THE WHOLE MAP and EVERY EVERY beacon and loot drop was unreacheable for anyone. And if you believe that is rare trust me - it dont.

yeah thats normal on pvp. the people who live on that server are trying to stop trolls using the drops. and obs are blocked to stop people wiping the server (doing boss fights and getting element) - its a bit off topic, not really related to the pillar issue we are discussing in this thread. its pointless to pillar land on pvp cause people can c4 it. plus the alphas gunna wipe u if u go around p'ing people off. and the alpha doesnt need to pillar land, thats why theyre alpha :P

1 hour ago, Rogero said:

Me and others on my server will now start to report spam pillaring. Can at least hope it helps. Those on pve that want half map should play SP instead if they dont want other players on the server.

It does work. It just takes longer than you’d prefer. 

We reported a tribe that pillared us off around our base and down in the Queen spawn. I reported them, then my tribemate reported them a week later when more new pillars showed up. 

I got a response two weeks later they were looking into it, but pillars remained. My tribemate got an e-mail three weeks after that, and they did the same, replying to their questions for more proof/locations, then did it again, and I guess that’s the trick. If you get two or three replies from the GM, you might get help. 

So after almost 8 weeks of being blocked in, we finally got pillar relief. Only problem is we’ve left the map basically because for nearly two months we couldn’t do anything...

Archived