Pillars

JpNog19

10 minutes ago, Rotix said:

Try looking at older servers. Everyone flocks to the new ones and the older ones are forgotten about. Players will leave the game eventually and spots on those servers open up. I’ve done it a couple of times myself. 

That's actually a really good suggestion. The early bird may get the worm... but it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese!

21 hours ago, JpNog19 said:

Oh alright, but they're everywhere lol

I see it's your first ''new DLC''/''launch''. 

21 hours ago, JpNog19 said:

Just found a 6x6 founds to build a little house, but nothing even close to a base size and there's no place for dinos as well

That's exactly why. You ''reserve'' a given area in which only you can expand as you progress and get more ressources. Farming wood for 100 pillars isn't hard. Farming ressources (stone, metal, etc) for a big enough base takes time. 

Now, some people (most) do abuse the area they block for themselves.

Pillars on ABB and scorched were soo bad I switched to unofficial..I was on literally 10 different abb servers and not just in easy spots and scorched was even worse I guess people farm wyverns off scorched so they pillar off most of the map so they dont have to compete and worry about lag as much 

Moral of my story switch to a low boosted unofficial,  leaving dinos behind on official sucks but it's worth it to be able to build where you want 

1/ People pillar around their base to prevent anyone building into them. People don't have respect for people, you have to self-enforce it. If you don't: someone will build right into you, preventing you from building more. So these pillars give you some breathing room. Everyone does this and its required in the current meta.

2/ People pillar in common pathways where they go for meat runs or collect resources etc. To prevent the spawns or the path being blocked self-policing is needed. Again, people have no respect and will build a base right on-top of an important spawn and then everyone on the server will lose access to it permanently.

3/ People pillar because they think its a game of monopoly and you need to "own" land to "win". Sadly there is always a person on every server who does this, and they typically do vast amounts of beach land preventing new players from building.

Wild Card needs to identify the players who fit in category (3) and just ban them outright, enough with trying to fix the problem with decay timers etc. Remove their tribe, remove their dinos and prevent them from ever logging in to PVE again.

• Volunteer Moderator

If you guys think someone is abusing the building mechanics to claim absurd amount of land and prevent others from playing then file an Incident Report if you are playing on Steam or a Support Ticket if you are on consoles/windows 10 and the Enforcement Team/Game Masters will investigate and take actions as necessary.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

If you guys think someone is abusing the building mechanics to claim absurd amount of land and prevent others from playing then file an Incident Report if you are playing on Steam or a Support Ticket if you are on consoles/windows 10 and the Enforcement Team/Game Masters will investigate and take actions as necessary.

Theoretically that's a good idea. I've been playing this game since it was released, over 10k hours across PVP and PVE. I've never seen this being enforced on PVE official.

They tried to solve it over the years with changes to structures effecting spawns in the earlier days and then they added timers. Both were just terrible failed ideas IMO.Changing mechanics just means players adapt and find a new way to do the same abuse. which is exactly what we've seen happen over the  years and it doesnt work.  I recently lost a tek transmitter on a single foundation because of these bodgy half baked fixes, because i didnt realize the timer was so short. Thanks WC! only hurting legit players and not fixing problems correctly.

If they start banning a few of the more serious abusers it will be enough to send a message out to the wider community and people will start removing their pillars in fear of being banned too. I don't think mechanic changes in the game are needed, they need to change player behavior, by sending out a clear message that its not the "monopoly board game", not a game of claiming vast empty land and it wont be tolerated.

Notice how there is no pillar spam in PVP?  that's because players know there is consequences for annoying other pvpers. Now look at PVE, there is no consequences from WC, hence the abuse flourishes.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

Theoretically that's a good idea. I've been playing this game since it was released, over 10k hours across PVP and PVE. I've never seen this being enforced on PVE official.

They tried to solve it over the years with changes to structures effecting spawns in the earlier days and then they added timers. Both were just terrible failed ideas IMO.Changing mechanics just means players adapt and find a new way to do the same abuse. which is exactly what we've seen happen over the  years and it doesnt work.
If they start banning a few of the more serious abusers it will be enough to send a message out to the wider community and people will start removing their pillars in fear of being banned too. I don't think mechanic changes in the game are needed, they need to change player behavior, by sending out a clear message that its not the "monopoly board game", not a game of claiming vast empty land and it wont be tolerated.

Notice how there is no pillar spam in PVP?  that's because players know there is consequences for annoying other pvpers. Now look at PVE, there is no consequences from WC, hence the abuse flourishes.

They are already enforcing it for a while now. For example:

Archived