map Swapping bases/structures to new maps?

Akari

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, I am still very new to the game and this forum. 

My bf and I started a game on the island map, but because there are no wyverns and its hard to find our way back to base when we wander off, I was wondering if there was any way we could somehow swap our structures over to a new map? I want to get on SE but my bf doesnt want to switch if we cant move our base over. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Akari said:

Oh sorry, I'm playing on the non dedicated host server so we dont have to worry about other players killing us. 

The only mods I'm using are the editable ones through the main page and admin command

Technically no. You can do it via admin commands (take ss of base, calculate the pieces and spawn them in) or if you use s+ can just pick them up. 

I would just use your current base and dinos, pre-build a base and throw all your tames, items then survivors in the obelisk and transfer. Find a spot then pull them out and start building. This would be the most satisfying way without resorting to cheats. The base is usually the easy part. Just a little farming

11 hours ago, Akari said:

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, I am still very new to the game and this forum. 

My bf and I started a game on the island map, but because there are no wyverns and its hard to find our way back to base when we wander off, I was wondering if there was any way we could somehow swap our structures over to a new map? I want to get on SE but my bf doesnt want to switch if we cant move our base over. 

Thanks!

You can't transfer structures. On Vanilla structures can't be picked up , only broken down. You can transfer dinos and materials ( metal , polymer etc. )
However , if the only reason you want to go to Scorch is to get Wyverns then it wouldn't be a good idea to move just for that. Scorch can be a difficult place for a main base due to it's climate. Rather do what one of the posters suggested , keep your main base on Island. Go and built just a small base at Scorch with just what you need to tame the Wyverns. After taming a few then transfer those Wyverns to your Island base. Alternatively you can also look into Ragnarok. It's a free add-on map and it also has Wyverns. 1 More than Scorch actually as it has Ice Wyverns there as well.

Archived