Lame old argy owl

AceVP

1 hour ago, Jamage007 said:

The first thing I noticed that its the old Argie with a new head. Lazy as design

Honestly?  I think it looks pretty good.  It's a bit fluffier, but that's how owls should be.  I'm more surprised that people aren't talking about how it isn't accurate that snow owls are fast.  Owls in general are silent ambush hunters.  They're big, chunky birds.  If anything, they could be FLUFFIER.  Definitely would look less scary then.

I was expecting more roundness, maybe even some more shortness (like riding a fat pig) would've been funny as hell to have the legs up high all scrunched up like riding a tricycle (when you where a kid) :) maybe a cool head turn animation? or a Moon blinked Easter egg for the eyes.

skin ideas...

4 hours ago, Scrysis said:

Honestly?  I think it looks pretty good.  It's a bit fluffier, but that's how owls should be.  I'm more surprised that people aren't talking about how it isn't accurate that snow owls are fast.  Owls in general are silent ambush hunters.  They're big, chunky birds.  If anything, they could be FLUFFIER.  Definitely would look less scary then.

I never said it looks bad its just a lazy design and could look better.

I’m pretty sure part of the problem is the way models work in Unity, or whatever engine the devs use, there are limitations involving feathers that make it difficult for wings to fold properly. That combined with the general difficulty in making long feathers or fur look good means they had to have a fairly Argy-like model. Fortunately it has flying animations and a general wing shape that differs enough from the Argy to help ease this problem. 

I perosanally love the owl model even if my first impression was that it was just a reskinned argy. Having a quick muck around with the owl the wings feel a bit longer than the argy. Tbh my only real complaint is the flight animation is  bit fast, the wing flaps are a little bit to quick and maybe more soaring needed but I have a simmiliar complaint about the argy.  As someone who really loves their birds, the snow owl gets my seal of approval. It looks pretty good to me (apologies for my rubbiah ingame reference photos) I mean just look at those fuzzy legs !

shutterstock_384888211.thumb.jpg.c5bde0f9c1356cd6371d57d0251d2e1e.jpg

rps20181116_165946.thumb.jpg.637ea858083ea82cb6a4acca440d4c40.jpg

rps20181116_165748.thumb.jpg.4b4910bbfaf70e7b92a78e71415eb86d.jpgrps20181116_165351.thumb.jpg.d4b59d403288c7a096c0c6d348502de2.jpg

Archived