Mek Feedback.

revjiggs

So despite the odd bug here and there, Extinction is my favorite Ark extinction. This is mostly due to all of the new creatures being so fun. The enforcer is fast and fun to get around on, the owls heal is soo useful, the magnamyr is a little weak but the freeze is cool, the Velanosaur's turret attack is super power and the gacha is a super useful resource mine. Finally the Mek the last 'creature' you an get similar to the giga, Wyvern and rock drake of previous expansions. This should feel like the big and awesome but it falls a bit short of this.

I have read that you can get Mek blue prints from orbital drops but after doing 2 reds and multiple yellows I still havn't seen one so I'm stuck with a level 51 mek. I think this is one of the biggest problems.  The base mek has a fairly week health, no real armor (an armor module would be really useful) and it can be out damage be a good rex or spino.  It has one advantage in that it has a rage attack but this drains large amount of energy and rexes are also able to get a range attack from a tek saddle which cost roughly the same amount as a standard mek.  not being able to level the damage or health and blue prints being so rare means that apart from the jetpack a good rex will always be better than a mek. I think in the past most people would take a wyvern or a rock drake over a rex anyday.

The Siege cannon is the only real redeeming feature and I think this is going to get nerf due to complaints in PVP. The rocket launchers spread is really unreliable and the damage doesn't really compensate for this and the shields mainuse which isto block projectiles has been nerfed so that it can't deploy near turrets, you think it would at least stop dinos from getting near you.

The mek is cool, but is massvley overshadowed by the other creatures on the map. I think it needs to be buffed to tkae some power away from the attatchements and  put it back in to the base mek. maybe make leveling available so we can get them over level 100. I worry that when i get a blue print that the cost is going to be so hight that most due choose a rex with a tek saddle any way but i have yet t ofind a good blue print so i don't know

Am I the only one who is having absurd trouble hitting dinos with the mek? Im standing 2 feet from a bronto, I see the sparks flying out of the sword when i hit stuff and there is no damage dealt. Only something like 1/10 hits actually land on the dino! 

This is on an official PC server. It may be lag, but it's unnerving that I am the only one reporting this. It makes the sword practically unusable...

2 hours ago, TR-8R said:

Mek is weak , it affect by many things that make no sense , like Allosaur bleeding attack or even the weasel that can stunt it .

It doesn't have any armor bonus so it take full damage from everything .

The deployable shield gives it 20 armor when equipped, plus you can find better ones 

15 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Am I the only one who is having absurd trouble hitting dinos with the mek? Im standing 2 feet from a bronto, I see the sparks flying out of the sword when i hit stuff and there is no damage dealt. Only something like 1/10 hits actually land on the dino! 

This is on an official PC server. It may be lag, but it's unnerving that I am the only one reporting this. It makes the sword practically unusable...

Its not just you, trying to hit with that thing is like playing a ray charles simulator.

21 hours ago, revjiggs said:

So despite the odd bug here and there, Extinction is my favorite Ark extinction. This is mostly due to all of the new creatures being so fun. The enforcer is fast and fun to get around on, the owls heal is soo useful, the magnamyr is a little weak but the freeze is cool, the Velanosaur's turret attack is super power and the gacha is a super useful resource mine. Finally the Mek the last 'creature' you an get similar to the giga, Wyvern and rock drake of previous expansions. This should feel like the big and awesome but it falls a bit short of this.

I have read that you can get Mek blue prints from orbital drops but after doing 2 reds and multiple yellows I still havn't seen one so I'm stuck with a level 51 mek. I think this is one of the biggest problems.  The base mek has a fairly week health, no real armor (an armor module would be really useful) and it can be out damage be a good rex or spino.  It has one advantage in that it has a rage attack but this drains large amount of energy and rexes are also able to get a range attack from a tek saddle which cost roughly the same amount as a standard mek.  not being able to level the damage or health and blue prints being so rare means that apart from the jetpack a good rex will always be better than a mek. I think in the past most people would take a wyvern or a rock drake over a rex anyday.

The Siege cannon is the only real redeeming feature and I think this is going to get nerf due to complaints in PVP. The rocket launchers spread is really unreliable and the damage doesn't really compensate for this and the shields mainuse which isto block projectiles has been nerfed so that it can't deploy near turrets, you think it would at least stop dinos from getting near you.

The mek is cool, but is massvley overshadowed by the other creatures on the map. I think it needs to be buffed to tkae some power away from the attatchements and  put it back in to the base mek. maybe make leveling available so we can get them over level 100. I worry that when i get a blue print that the cost is going to be so hight that most due choose a rex with a tek saddle any way but i have yet t ofind a good blue print so i don't know

If you beat the titan bosses(kill them, not tame them) you get sweet bps, like tek armor and mek bps.

Archived