Jump to content
nohholmez

PS4 Bugs since Extinction combined - please comment.

Recommended Posts

Hi all, putting these all together so they are in one place. If you experience these maybe say you do as a comment also so the Devs can see the volume in one place? Thought that might be helpful? I run a Nitrado hosted dedicated cluster and so far we have experienced the following since launch (EDITED- updated some of these issues where I can find info from the most recent crunch, also some have been addressed in the PC patch so we can expect to see these in the future).

- Enforcer crafting server crash bug which causes crash and rollback (being working on)

- Gacha saddle not working (seems to be related to incorrect recognition of Gacha being tamed as doesn't display "tamed by" information). (Patched on PC)

- Pixelation (Patched on PC)

- Wyvern and Drake nests not producing eggs on other maps (being working on)

- Map fog re-applying after logging out - Extinction specifically

- Drone scout mode gets stuck

- Meteors damaging areas inside of domes (being working on)

- Supply drops missing on other maps (being working on)

- Issues with The Center (being working on)

- Supply drop dinos leaving the area once drop has de-spawned causing havoc or losing dinos when trying to complete a drop causing issues. (Patched on PC)

- Bolas not working as they should

- Issues with Cross Ark Transfer

Edited by nohholmez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Centre map completely messed up. no floor on lava island loads of my tames have fallen to there death into random lava down there, redwoods trees missing, no animals spawn there, land bridge between redwoods and ice south missing half of its skin so can just fly into mesh. Ice palace compelely blocked off all enterance now have huge rocks covering them. 

I feel like the cause of this was a disgruntled employee as surely wildcard can’t f**k things up that badly 

DCDE3939-1EC7-4DE2-879C-A93070D0DD86.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having issues on small tribes center as well, no land my building is literally floating above the water if i walk out i drop straight down into the water and cant get back in my building unless i drown so i  can respawn at my bed. I swam to see if i could find a bottom and nothing ....no end just nothing._.No land at lava island etc... I have been playing ark for 3 yrs and this has got to be the biggest mess i have seen so far.I tried to send a pic but i am unable to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I didn’t even get extinction, tired of giving them more money after 3 years of playing and paying. However I am on a us primitive + legacy server and after the patch for extinction not one server will even come up for primitive +. I have no idea if the servers are offline or my years of work is sitting there dying and falling to pieces. It has been two days now and it’s still the same after this “fix” they released today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nohholmez said:

Hi all, putting these all together so they are in one place. If you experience these maybe say you do as a comment also so the Devs can see the volume in one place? Thought that might be helpful? I run a Nitrado hosted dedicated cluster and so far we have experienced the following since launch:

- Enforcer crafting server crash bug which causes crash and rollback

- Gacha saddle not working (seems to be related to incorrect recognition of Gacha being tamed as doesn't display "tamed by" information).

- Pixelation

- Wyvern and Drake nests not producing eggs on other maps

- Map fog re-applying after logging out - Extinction specifically

- Drone scout mode gets stuck

There's still over a years worth of bugs to fix BEFORE Extinction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, and the frustration is REAL with it. However, this is the state of play at the moment and just wanted to try and create a thread which would be all collected together so nothing gets lost. Which I am sure it's not anyway, while it seems like all these comments go into an abyss there will be people monitoring and collecting them and a lot of stuff going on in the background to resolve it. I could wax lyrical about the various frustrations I have with aspects of the game which don't work properly but I enjoy the core game and so am trying to be constructive rather than toxic with it :) Unfortunately WC are fairly tight-lipped on communication, those who are in charge of that I imagine do their best with the instructions they have from above. If i was managing the bug report situation I would have an active list of the known bugs for each platform regarding extinction in the first instance which people are complaining about, confirm that the bugs have been seen and acknowledge them and then you won't get this feeling of reporting into nothing. Would also be nice to see them hold their hands up from time to time and say 'yeah we screwed that up, we know and we honestly are sorry' but that isn't the approach they take so it is what it is. The main issue I think is people often feel unheard and there are ways this could be dealt with which doesn't involve individual replies. The WC community managers the devs and everyone are probably working long hours at the moment, probably under a lot of stress, lets not forget they are still people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nohholmez said:

I know, and the frustration is REAL with it. However, this is the state of play at the moment and just wanted to try and create a thread which would be all collected together so nothing gets lost. Which I am sure it's not anyway, while it seems like all these comments go into an abyss there will be people monitoring and collecting them and a lot of stuff going on in the background to resolve it. I could wax lyrical about the various frustrations I have with aspects of the game which don't work properly but I enjoy the core game and so am trying to be constructive rather than toxic with it :) Unfortunately WC are fairly tight-lipped on communication, those who are in charge of that I imagine do their best with the instructions they have from above. If i was managing the bug report situation I would have an active list of the known bugs for each platform regarding extinction in the first instance which people are complaining about, confirm that the bugs have been seen and acknowledge them and then you won't get this feeling of reporting into nothing. Would also be nice to see them hold their hands up from time to time and say 'yeah we screwed that up, we know and we honestly are sorry' but that isn't the approach they take so it is what it is. The main issue I think is people often feel unheard and there are ways this could be dealt with which doesn't involve individual replies. The WC community managers the devs and everyone are probably working long hours at the moment, probably under a lot of stress, lets not forget they are still people.

What we should be doing is collecting a list of all the bugs that haven't been fixed since the release of the game, show it to Sony to prove Wildcard is doing nothing so everyone can get their PS Store content refunded and Sony can remove Ark from their network. Wildcard have had their chance and have pretty much helped nobody. It's about time they had actual consequences for their lack of support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Banshee5000 said:

What we should be doing is collecting a list of all the bugs that haven't been fixed since the release of the game, show it to Sony to prove Wildcard is doing nothing so everyone can get their PS Store content refunded and Sony can remove Ark from their network. Wildcard have had their chance and have pretty much helped nobody. It's about time they had actual consequences for their lack of support

This, They obviously don't care about quality, I mean they released the first Paid for DLC while it was still in early access so... Oh and as for them still being people? we all know that game developers intentionally put things into games that are A)not fun and B) Incredibly irritating. They're basically Rabid animals that feed off the suffering of others. Show me a game developer that isn't a sadist and I'll show you the holy grail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyvern eggs are not spawning on our crossark [ps4] either. I've checked our aberration server as well and rock drake eggs are missing too. The nests are there. In fact all the nests are there. Usually there is only four or five at any given time, but they're all there and all empty. I can confirm to have seen wyvern eggs before the latest ps4 patch, but now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On our Server we actually can't build enforcers, bolas are not working, sometimes when you fly out of a cupola (who are around the obelisks) there is a graphic bug, dinos keep their level but sometimes their stats get resetted after rejoining and when you hold R2 to shoot with your crossbow it happens that the character is not reloading. It is so frustrating to play the extinction dlc right now!  :(

Edited by ratched7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ratched7 said:

On our Server we actually can't build enforcers, bolas are not working, sometimes when you fly out of a cupola (who are around the obelisks) there is a graphic bug, dinos keep their level but sometimes their stats get resetted after rejoining and when you hold R2 to shoot with your crossbow it happens that the character is not reloading. It is so frustrating to play the extinction dlc right now!  :(

Enforcers have been disabled for a while now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 7:54 AM, nohholmez said:

Hi all, putting these all together so they are in one place. If you experience these maybe say you do as a comment also so the Devs can see the volume in one place? Thought that might be helpful? I run a Nitrado hosted dedicated cluster and so far we have experienced the following since launch:

- Enforcer crafting server crash bug which causes crash and rollback

- Gacha saddle not working (seems to be related to incorrect recognition of Gacha being tamed as doesn't display "tamed by" information).

- Pixelation

- Wyvern and Drake nests not producing eggs on other maps

- Map fog re-applying after logging out - Extinction specifically

- Drone scout mode gets stuck

We have these aswell, other bugs include dinos gathering with both L1 and R1 example: Anky will gather rocks with L1 when it should only gather with R1, seems like it eats the rocks instead of tail smash.

CrossArk worked for me 2 days and many of the server members  cant play. Causing loss of members from the server to join other extinction servers. I've had servers since Nitrado started hosting for Ark and have experienced issues every "Late" DLC launched, its kind of expected from Wildcard IMO.

Quetz platform base completely broke yesterday entering the desert biome after hours of making bullets, metal platform base and turrets coming home from a orbital drop run. That was a bummer for us.

I honestly think it was easier making ragnarok a hybrid server with aberration and extinction dinos spawn in and adding all of the working items auto unlock at their required levels, changing the crafting cost using INI. coding and call it a wrap.. Thats what I did and the members are slowly trickling in once they experience the broken parts of this new map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 7:45 AM, Banshee5000 said:

What we should be doing is collecting a list of all the bugs that haven't been fixed since the release of the game, show it to Sony to prove Wildcard is doing nothing so everyone can get their PS Store content refunded and Sony can remove Ark from their network. Wildcard have had their chance and have pretty much helped nobody. It's about time they had actual consequences for their lack of support

Oh yeah definately i mean if your not having fun no one should right? And maybe this is off topic but have you seen the gleaming gem of programming that is fallout 76? But listen im patient and i can have fun with the snow owls and managarmers and just farming easy element till wc fixes the meks and enforcers. Not the end of the world... All im saying is perhaps its kinda hard making a game as ambitious as ark (or f76) and it not have some issues. This is the last big dlc so rest assured that the Wc devs and coders are working on the problems now instead of big content updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bionic skins on tamed dinos disappeared when extinction dropped . only on ragnarok and the centre . don't know island  . scorched is ok

also back to extinction we are getting corrupted wyverns flying down into sunken forest on pve and just trashing everything buy now since update we are getting lvl 282 and 300 wyverns . DILO.....shouldn't the biomes , forest and city be void of corrupted , only in wastelands ? and map resets on extinction and the centre servers . plus all the formentioned bugs esp our centre server broke. damn it sucks to play right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...