purple orbital drops

aggravating

Have not seen 1, but that kinda makes sense to me.

We have seen 30+ Blues, maybe 8-10 yellows, maybe 3-5 reds... with purple being the hardest, and rarest of them all i'd imagine we will probably need to see several reds and clear them before we start seeing purples.

We did notice an increase in yellows as we started clearing blues.. it may be anecdotal evidence but it seems like as you clear them you get better ones.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Maybe by purple drops they meant element veins? Which technically are osd

Doubt it, they said purple drops would be endless waves, element veins are mid tier (about the difficulty of yellow drops) pretty sure purple just isn't enabled yet since that's like super end game tier poop and they don't want people using some kinda of cheese exploit to get a mother lode of ascendant gear and be unstoppable

57 minutes ago, Darkstarraven666 said:

Doubt it, they said purple drops would be endless waves, element veins are mid tier (about the difficulty of yellow drops) pretty sure purple just isn't enabled yet since that's like super end game tier poop and they don't want people using some kinda of cheese exploit to get a mother lode of ascendant gear and be unstoppable

You already get ascended loot from red though, not sure what you could get that would be better...

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You already get ascended loot from red though, not sure what you could get that would be better...

imagine getting a 755.2% (highest possible percent on an item) fab sniper bp or a 3000+ armor flak chestpiece on top of getting possibly 1000's of element? this is the danger of being able to exploit a purple drop, reds do drop asc but with limited quality, (i got a 600 armor flak helmet and a 300% AR, nothing better then that tho) while purple is supposed to be infinite waves and the higher you get the better the loot

6 minutes ago, Darkstarraven666 said:

imagine getting a 755.2% (highest possible percent on an item) fab sniper bp or a 3000+ armor flak chestpiece on top of getting possibly 1000's of element? this is the danger of being able to exploit a purple drop, reds do drop asc but with limited quality, (i got a 600 armor flak helmet and a 300% AR, nothing better then that tho) while purple is supposed to be infinite waves and the higher you get the better the loot

Remember that on official servers items get their stats automatically reverted down to a possible maximum of just under 300%, and armor just under 600.

On 11/15/2018 at 6:52 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Also, to answer this. You get tek blueprints. I'm not sure about armor but you can get quality tek weapons? I mean... I got an ascend. tek rifle bp. But all the armor BPs I got were primitive. Also,  I'm assuming you can only craft up to 3 items with the bps.

If I'm being honest here, I lost the opportunity to check out what items I would have received from the drop. There was just SO many items so I was constantly overweight and by the time I made a 3rd trip to grab the items, they despawned. lol So I was able to go through only 1 pile out of 4. 

Anyway, I haven't done a red drop so not sure if tek bps drop from them.

15 minutes ago, AstrihKonnash said:

Found one purple yesterday (on SP) and had to quit after 22 waves (RL stuff).
Didn't see the OSD parts moving (which I hope marks how the event is going).

Anyone got it to the end? If so, how many waves?

After some searching I found out that they are endless waves. After wave 10 you can end the defense manually at any time and collect loot. Ending the defense is an option on the drop pod itself. I was at wave 40 when I found this out and then ended it and chose the eject loot option.

• 6 months later...

Archived