SimplyPT

Bionic Costume Skins (Purchased) Missing from Game

They are still not working and we have had 2 updates to the game now. I have sent yet another email to Ark Support as my first email went unanswered for three weeks. I can't even spawn them in, which at this point would be acceptable. 

We have paid for these and expect them to work and yet they are fixing other issues. 

Does any know if we can get refunded from Microsoft?? 

Edited by RodimusPrime773
  • Like 1

I actually came to this bug report section to post this exact thing. So I'll just add my comment here. 

I purchased all of the skins the day they were released, now I want to use them and what do ya know... can't even get them. I bought all of the skins I think there is 5 or so of them. So $5 or $6 That as of right now they have gotten free from just me. Think of how many others that paid for these. Let's say 1000 people bought all the skins as I did. That's literally a free $5000 or $6000 That they pocketed... kinda sketchy to not provide what has already been paid for. Bottom line is, we have paid for them and we should have no no exceptions. Otherwise a full refund and we should still get the skins once fixed just because of this hassle. It's been months now with out them. I also highly doubt that it's a huge thing to fix. . Super irritating that we've paid for these and can't use them let alone get a response about the issue. 

12 hours ago, RodimusPrime773 said:

They are still not working and we have had 2 updates to the game now. I have sent yet another email to Ark Support as my first email went unanswered for three weeks. I can't even spawn them in, which at this point would be acceptable. 

We have paid for these and expect them to work and yet they are fixing other issues. 

Does any know if we can get refunded from Microsoft?? 

You may be able to report this to Microsoft to get the refund. I believe they would force wildcard to issue it. I'm more and likely going to do the same. If the skins ever get fixed I'll purchase them again. Until then I'd like my money back as well. 

Title says most of it, the skins you can buy on the Microsoft store to make Stegos, Raptors, Trikes, Parasaurs and Quetzes bionic, are STILL broken. Reports of them breaking started around when extinction was released, and now on December 24th, they are still missing from the game.
Whats the worst part you ask? Well the worst part is they are still available to buy off the store, even with Wildcard knowing full well that they dont actually spawn in game anymore with your other skins. Get your stuff together Wildcard and fix the paid for content!

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, Juggalo15767 said:

You may be able to report this to Microsoft to get the refund. I believe they would force wildcard to issue it. I'm more and likely going to do the same. If the skins ever get fixed I'll purchase them again. Until then I'd like my money back as well. 

I tried, they refused to refund me on XB1. And worst still you can't actually speak via phone anymore, due to their recent change up in requesting refund. Typical Microsoft BS as per usual, just another way to cut the customer off and fluff them over when they don't want to dip their hand in their pocket. Yet they happy took our money and keep it no matter what the issue is with the game/s

19 hours ago, ECADDurand said:

I tried, they refused to refund me on XB1. And worst still you can't actually speak via phone anymore, due to their recent change up in requesting refund. Typical Microsoft BS as per usual, just another way to cut the customer off and fluff them over when they don't want to dip their hand in their pocket. Yet they happy took our money and keep it no matter what the issue is with the game/s

With the store changes over the past few months, it is not as easy, but refunds are possible - especially if you are clear that the publisher of the product either defrauded you or broke the feature and refuses to fix it.

If the Ark team continues to ignore this, the BEST recourse is to issue a formal complaint to Microsoft, and they will get involved with the Ark team/Wildcard directly. (Which will force these to be fixed.)

I'm not sure what your beef with MS is, but when it comes to supporting users/customers, they will fight, even pursuing litigation on behalf of users.  I 'get' that there is a popular myth of Microsoft not being good to users, and it is just a bit of FUD and myth.  (Look at consumer rights, privacy protections and other litigation and legislation, it is often Microsoft alone that stands on the side of the consumer, and often against other tech companies like Google and ISPs like ATT and Comcast. Do a web search, and maybe use Bing, Google tends to filter unflattering stories about them.)

3 hours ago, SimplyPT said:

With the store changes over the past few months, it is not as easy, but refunds are possible - especially if you are clear that the publisher of the product either defrauded you or broke the feature and refuses to fix it.

If the Ark team continues to ignore this, the BEST recourse is to issue a formal complaint to Microsoft, and they will get involved with the Ark team/Wildcard directly. (Which will force these to be fixed.)

I'm not sure what your beef with MS is, but when it comes to supporting users/customers, they will fight, even pursuing litigation on behalf of users.  I 'get' that there is a popular myth of Microsoft not being good to users, and it is just a bit of FUD and myth.  (Look at consumer rights, privacy protections and other litigation and legislation, it is often Microsoft alone that stands on the side of the consumer, and often against other tech companies like Google and ISPs like ATT and Comcast. Do a web search, and maybe use Bing, Google tends to filter unflattering stories about them.)

My beef stems back from being a loyal customer for years, and them suddenly claiming I had got refunds which categorized me as a fraud. Funny thing is its not like I can dip my hand into their honey pot, they either give refunds or they don't. one or the other and if they don't then stand by it, fair do's but to then ban a gamer tag with 100's of pounds in games and DLC. That's not very supportive or benefit of the doubt is it ?? The rest of the story imo is immaterial needless to say MS / Wildcard just as bad as each other.

I’ve seen a lot of angry people across social media complaining about the loss of their bionic skins due to a recent update. How far up the priority tree do you think Wildcard have this issue?

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have any concerns over the skins, the fact that people have to initially pay to receive them is the main focus. So, how quickly can Wildcard resolve an issue affecting purchases, and why haven’t those items been pulled from the store?

Currently as it stands, they have a case of false advertisement because anyone who doesn’t know there is an issue, will be throwing money away because they are missing from the game.

Edited by SaltyMonkey

Posted (edited)

I am now reporting this issue to microsoft to see if they will end up removing them from the store until the issue is fixed. The fact that this was reported and they have communicated once they are "looking into it" with no further communication, and no fix yet is unreasonable and unprofessional from a developer. We need you to be forthcoming on items you are making money off of, that do not exist in the game.

Everyone who is having this issue should take a moment to report the items in the microsoft store and report them to microsoft.

Edited by ilShadow