TheDrizzle404

Official Extinction Server Crash Megathread

they won’t do poopy character has been stuck on 815b abberation ps4 server for 3 days now and I have sent a million messages, wildcard raptored up making extinction and they are just not fixing anything now at this point I’m about to just quit this dumb raptoring game and it’s worthless developers 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/announcement/309-state-of-the-game-extinction-release/

• We are working on a fix right now for a server crash occurring on PC servers and this should be available relatively soon/in the next few hours. This crash does affect our official network.
  • We are working closely with our partner Abstraction to solve server crashes related to Extinction content on PS4. We believe we have properly identified the source of the crash and will have a temporary fix for it very soon that will involved disabling some Extinction content.

• Like 1

Both of my tribe members have been experiencing continuous crashing in the snow biome for the past couple of hours. I just got home and logged on. My tribe members are unable to get in to the server and they get time outs after loading screen. But... As soon as there unconscious body is killed by a Dino they are able to log back into the server. I did not realize this was the case until I spawned at our bed in the snow biome and immediately timed out of the game. One of my tribe members is currently online outside of the snow biome and my body has not been killed yet. I am also unable to login now. I have 1G internet and never have time out issues. Any ideas or help???

I don't want to lose my character OR the tames I was mid tame on... OR the rex I just got... OR anything else... So tired of the time I've put into the game getting mashed with rollbacks and errors... already got my base rebuilt after the vein wipes, and now I don't even know if there was a rollback and I'm sitting in the wasteland as the dinos die because I get to the little blue "loading..." and then straight to "Lost Connection." C'mon Wildcard... give us some info!!!!

20181114165951_1.jpg

I just tested. There are only a few servers that are on 286.111 and I logged into them, spawned in the snow biome and immediately timed out. Every single server on that build number crashes me out in the snow biome. Good job wild card! Drop the ball for the 10,000 time. I have over 7000 hours in this game. Been playing since day 3 of open beta. Now I'm on my way to GameStop to get my copy of Fallout 76. so flipping tired of you idiots! 

This happened to me also, I crashed the second I got to the city surface while flying my ptera from bottom lake in city (very bottom of the waterfalls is where I live). I couldn't log back in until, apparently, I was killed by a 50 dilo. Then I went to go get my body and literally crashed exactly on top of my body, and now of course I can't log in until I die again. Guys, this game has wasted so many hours of my life on this earth because of constant crashes bugs and glitches in this game. I genuinely feel disgusted at the fact that I'm still playing it. Please, don't make an ARK 2, don't make any game, just go do something you can't waste thousands of hours of other peoples lives just to make a living. Just raptoring go.

Edited by anarchyart

Do they know what's causing the crash? It's been a really long time and there's not even a temporary fix. If they need more information they should ask for some.

On 500 there's a dead zone near the city southern gate. Anyone who gets within that chunk is kicked and stuck in a boot loop. I don't know what's there that's causing an issue, but it'd be a good place to look. I've had tribemates that were able to at least retrieve our dinos from that area that we got stuck there with.