Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carsh4701

Windows 10 Still Not Available

It astonishes me that the DevOps team at Wildcard STILL doesn't account for MS Certification in their development pipeline. It's something they have known about since the first PC release through the Microsoft store. 

So now I have an expansion that I paid for and cannot play... AGAIN.

Does anyone have a link to the MS Cert status for this? Or any information that tells us when the windows 10 version may become available?

Update times have varied in the past from a day to a week. A recent tweet that I saw said that wildcard is "still working on it". If you take that literally it means that the windows 10 update for the base game hasn't even gone to MS for certification. Certification usually takes a day or two depending on when the project is submitted, but that clock won't even start until Wildcard actually gives MS the branch for certification.

This is, of course, all speculation since Wildcard's community manager has provided no tangible information on what the hell they are doing.

So ya walk into a store, grab an item off the shelf and purchase it at the counter. Get it home and the box is empty. make every attempt to find out if anyone else got an empty box. Try to get in touch with the owner or see if he posted anything stating that there is an issue with said product but nothing. Just a bunch o dudes standing outside the store waiting for an answer or a refund but the owner has pretty much locked the door. In this scenario the cops can kick in the door and arrest said person for theft. how is this any different? Food for thought. still patiently waiting.

I just gave up on the Windows 10 version and bought it on Steam after Jens last tweet a few minutes ago saying it was still in the cert process.  Had the Windows 10 version only because I bought it for the kids on the xbox.  But I have been wanting to try some mods, so I guess this was the catalyst.  Luckily it is on sale.

12 hours ago, SpectersGhost said:

I just gave up on the Windows 10 version and bought it on Steam after Jens last tweet a few minutes ago saying it was still in the cert process.  Had the Windows 10 version only because I bought it for the kids on the xbox.  But I have been wanting to try some mods, so I guess this was the catalyst.  Luckily it is on sale.

Lol, you knowingly gave them your money after they basically screwed you over on Win 10... wow. No wonder the devs feel free to take a massive poop on us whenever they want.

7 hours ago, VigilantLance said:

Lol, you knowingly gave them your money after they basically screwed you over on Win 10... wow. No wonder the devs feel free to take a massive poop on us whenever they want.

Yes, seems like a decision made while looking at the end of a shotgun. Partially it was, but I also was curious about differences between the two and the mod scene. Steam provides refunds if the game had been played less than two hours. I told myself that if I didn’t see a difference that mattered to me, I would ask for the refund. My experience was a lot different in the short time I played. Better graphics, the keyboard was slightly better, and I was amazed in the number of, and types of different servers that were offered compared to the Xbox official servers.  Finally, the game seems a lot more responsive too.  As I said, I had already been thinking about doing this for the mod scene, so I have no regrets.