Extinction Disapointment

SourPatchBreezy

Boy Oh Boy... Alrighty. Lemme start off by saying I've defended ark and its devs for a long time now. I've played since it hit the playstation store in the beginning before official release. (Before pc players chime in I know, I know you've played longer, but we're all die hard fans here) Heard for a while mods were coming for console only to be let down...S+ being integrated....naw. Dates set that were missed, still; I have been on your guys side. Now extinction was delayed, ok... I can deal with a better product with a delay. I'm cool with that. But that right there is the thing. Extinction is one hot mess. Seems as though ark is the most buggy I have ever saw it. From all the dinos spawning into the sky and wont come down, to the pixel-ized view after flying through a bio dome that wont go away, the EXTREME heat I cannot beat beyond the borders of the sanctuary, dropped items floating away into outer space or hopping around like a bunny rabbit, hit boxes non existent on a lot of rocks, lamp post, dead dinos etc; even down to my tamed dinos actions not working period like the trike. I don't honestly even know what to say. How this is ANY where close to a finished project or how it has passed certification is beyond me. The numbers speak for themselves wild card, highest numbers on steam weekly yet just to try out this dlc and with the problems it has, being game breaking. The map, concept and direction in which this dlc was trying to go I absolutely give you two thumbs up. But truthfully and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this....It's been a HUGE let down. I understand its been a just as equally huge undertaking but come on....really really?!? I really hope you guys somehow save this train wreck because we all appreciate your game and the work you put in but geeze....ugh... get it together people. 

Bruh, playstation has 8 to 12 Go RAM depending on which one you have... some people have issues on medium setting with 16Go on PC... 

To my knowledge, ark handles streamlining very badly, but they had to streamline (I simplify it but that's the main point) it to make it work on console. Sadly, by doing so, it introduces bugs. If you wanted a finished product, they would have to delay release until at least December. 

Now, look at all the rage for a week delay. Imagine a month or more after PC gets it. And even then, it will still have more bugs than PC now. That's because of how Ark works and also why compared to games of similar quality, it uses much more resources on PC. 

They can't do anything about it, they'll have to remake Ark almost from scratch to fix this. 

I'm not tryin to hear that noise man. No offense but pc players always say the same thing, its not meant to run on console. If thats the case it wouldnt have run fine in the past years as it has and would have never been ported over. When there's plenty of games that run smoothly on ps4 an xbox, and games out there just as complicated as ark if not more. Ark has had its issues yeah and every game does....even on pc. But to say its a systems fault when all content for the game has played fine until this one says somebody screwed up. 

Archived