velonasaur nerf

BlockOfTheCheese2

2 hours ago, BlockOfTheCheese2 said:

is it just me or should the velonasaur be nerfed because it seems really op for the level the saddle is unlocked at

I really hope they don't nerf it.  I don't see how you'd even set foot in the wastes without one.

Also, they're on one small portion of a single map.  Not only that, but it doesn't have the raw mobility that you might expect, nor massive amounts of hitpoints.  You kill something or die to it.  So I don't see it as over-powered.  Even raptors can pull you off, if you're not careful.

Why would they nerf them? Their Damage is comparable to a lightning wyvern, but they are must slower, and much less agile. They are also burdened by stamina when not ridden so even having them on turret mode still allows for them to run out of stamina and need to eat to recharge... which can cause death if someone runs them down till they starve.

28 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

They had one hidden nerf: They can't outrange everything anymore.

And whatsmore, their turret mode currently do not scale with their damage.

I don't see why theres a need to nerf them right now.

What? If i Level its on damage, when i use the turret Mode it make the same damage as before that i levelled its on damage?are u sure about this?and is this only for turret mode? Or it work so when i ride its and i press C? 

51 minutes ago, mircoct said:

What? If i Level its on damage, when i use the turret Mode it make the same damage as before that i levelled its on damage?are u sure about this?and is this only for turret mode? Or it work so when i ride its and i press C? 

On Turret mode. I don't see any significant changes under that state. It probably could be a bug.

48 minutes ago, Bobbehyyc said:

Lies, I play on unofficial and can confirm damage goes up in turret mode when you increase damage. 

Unofficial =/= official. Just because it works on unofficial doesn't mean it would work in official.

12 hours ago, Vaculity said:

On Turret mode. I don't see any significant changes under that state. It probably could be a bug.

Unofficial =/= official. Just because it works on unofficial doesn't mean it would work in official.

Uhhh yes it does if you don't modify the game files unofficial and official are identical. single player and online are different but the base game online is the same whether its hosted officially or unofficially... wanna know how i know? We have our legacy ark island server loaded in our cluster exact same files, same settings, same world, same dinos, same rates. 

So yes, i do know that their damage scales, it has been covered in several videos, just like their tail swing damage scales greatly as well. 

Velonasaurs don’t need a nerf yet, and here’s why:

First off, they’re a viable means of base defense early game. They’re the first and often last line of defense against corrupteds kited into the City. 

Secondly, they’re not perfect. They’re small, fairly slow, and are fairly easy kills. They’re basically glass cannons. They’re a bad idea for fighting lots of bigger creatures, especially when you consider the Snow Owl, which is basically the main counterplay to Velonasaurs with its healing abilities.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, Bobbehyyc said:

Lies, I play on unofficial and can confirm damage goes up in turret mode when you increase damage. 

as do i and you are dead wrong. have a bunch of them at 500%+ and when ridden their turret spines do about 100 per shot, 266 if i flick my tail about. unridden they all do 20 damage per shot, 57 with tail flick. their claw attack does scale though

They are great battle mounts I have a red and cyan one with ten health five melee and five stM mutations along with a bunch of leveling over at my friends place it does 500 shots per bullet and has 60k stake and 100k health but our singleayer world is

really op now all I need is for any drops or veins is my pinhead (thinking of better name) and with its ascendent saddle it can even go up against 10 corrupt gigas no prob what so ever. PS: I spawned the gigas in as a challenge

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

They are great battle mounts I have a red and cyan one with ten health five melee and five stM mutations along with a bunch of leveling over at my friends place it does 500 shots per bullet and has 60k stake and 100k health but our singleayer world is

really op now all I need is for any drops or veins is my pinhead (thinking of better name) and with its ascendent saddle it can even go up against 10 corrupt gigas no prob what so ever. PS: I spawned the gigas in as a challenge

With the last patch, good luck with the gigas... They got nerfed hard

What do you mean I was over at his yesterday and done it he handled fine I fact I am thinking of putting him into retire he’s to op and when we make it a server I don’t want people to think I summoned it in its parent were both 150 and a crap on of breeding tomorrow I will take on a titan any suggestion I am thinking ice or maybe dessert not forest with there throwing

I'm almost certain that though it isn't listed, Velo attack speed and damage scaling per spine was reduced.  They are weaker than before this last patch.  Luckily for us on official, there are no damage numbers displayed so changes like this, if not explicitly noted in the patch notes, are very hard to verify.  But the Velo definitely feels like it has been slowed down, in damage.

Nerf-lovers, celebrate.  But it won't be long before the one dino you love is nerfed in some way, because that's how balance works.  It's an impossible, moving target.

They didn't need a nerf, they filled a good niche of being viable ranged counters against corrupted.

I'll second that base damage feels weaker, but also, in my server, at least, Velo needle hit detection seems borked.  I stop getting hit ticks despite still visually stitching the enemy.  The Doom-Wiggle is even worse, I can burn all my stamina flailing and not kill a single thing now.

Archived