Why doesn't the sun move in Extinction?

Blaubund

Day/night cycle seems to be stuck in the wasteland.  The sun isn't moving at all.  It works ok in the desert biome (I've not checked Snow).  If this is earth, then did the earth's rotation stop and we just happen to be on the toasty side of the planet?  Is it not really earth, but just another broken ARK?  Confused.

The planet appears to have become tidally locked meaning that it won’t rotate anymore, (this is a bit lore breaking for reasons I saw in another thread which I will try and find later).

The reason the desert still has day and night (probably snow too haven’t checked)  is because it is a protoark and it is a simulated thing not the real sun.

16 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

wat

Sharpshot said : "The planet appears to have become tidally locked meaning that it won’t rotate anymore"

My answer is that the sun still here, as we can see on aberration, and so the earth and Domes turn around it.

it seems weird that the planet Earth doesn't rotate on itself, I mean, it breaks physical law (gravity, etc..) ?
Earth rotate as the same "value" as it turn around the sun, so one part of earth is constantly at night, and frozen to death

43 minutes ago, Globy said:

Sharpshot said : "The planet appears to have become tidally locked meaning that it won’t rotate anymore"

My answer is that the sun still here, as we can see on aberration, and so the earth and Domes turn around it.

it seems weird that the planet Earth doesn't rotate on itself, I mean, it breaks physical law (gravity, etc..) ?
Earth rotate as the same "value" as it turn around the sun, so one part of earth is constantly at night, and frozen to death

If you read the notes, earth doesn't rotate anymore and lost its atmosphere. It somewhat managed to not be totally inhabitable thanks to the Ark network up above and maintain a man-made atmosphere and gravity thanks to it.

2 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

If you read the notes, earth doesn't rotate anymore and lost its atmosphere. It somewhat managed to not be totally inhabitable thanks to the Ark network up above and maintain a man-made atmosphere and gravity thanks to it.

On Extinction notes ?
Haven't read them for now, I'm waiting to play more on Extinction before, don't want to be spoil by them ^^

1 hour ago, Globy said:

Ah lol I read "impacted" As having crashed into aberration xD

Well, Aberration is still a satellite. The Earth doesn't spin on itself so an orbit wouldnt work but maybe aberration was blasted into a spin by the explosion that broke it in the first place. 

22 minutes ago, earthwarder said:

Its totally physically impossible for the Earth to stop rotating, even if the moon was destroyed. But, hey its a fantasy. 

This is a sci fi fantasy world so Im not sure what the technology can achieve, but assume that for some reason an event forced the earth to stop all momentum in it's rotation by some doomsday weapon or another. It would stop, but then I would guess it would slowly restart spinning due to it's own gravity, or something. Maybe the event wasn't that long ago and in a few thousand years it'll be back up to speed?

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

This is a sci fi fantasy world so Im not sure what the technology can achieve, but assume that for some reason an event forced the earth to stop all momentum in it's rotation by some doomsday weapon or another. It would stop, but then I would guess it would slowly restart spinning due to it's own gravity, or something. Maybe the event wasn't that long ago and in a few thousand years it'll be back up to speed?

I really want to see a sequel to ARK with this plot. But with more story elements. Its playing in the past, before all the things happened.

So you are some guy who was new in the city and he met some explorer like Helena or Rockwell. And with these two and some other guys you have to play through a story, where you learn the whole story of the ARKs and why everything is, how it is.

In my story on Flight 19. I theorize that Aberration crashes into the earth causing an extinction event. As far as the rotation being locked, Aberration doesn't have the mass to do that. I theorize that the mass of broken rocks is the strange mini planet that was orbiting Earth when the survivors escaped from Aberration. (Frozen Earth Mod Map.) Upon return to Earth from Ragnarok, they find that the King Titan is a reincarnation of Rockwell who has stopped the Earth's rotation and is preparing to destroy it completely by bringing down the destroyed mini planet. His defeat puts into motion the return of the Arks and the restoration of the Earth.

• 1 month later...

Archived