Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadTurninator

Extinction: Known Bugs So Far

the graphics are fine on the normal xbox if they stayed on. some days i log in and for about 30mins i have decent detail then it goes . its not as if the graphics are rubbish because it looks nice at times but when it don't it looks shocking im getting alot of triangle looking dinos as well they look stupid . i hope they fix this issue i remember before this happened on a previous map and they fixed it . as for now the game is off putting at times 

Meks become extremely unreliable in melee range on high ping servers, much more so than any other dino, with their attacks missing over 90% of the time on small dinos and maybe 50% on larger creatures.

There is also rubberbanding issues with supply drops and element veins, where you get trapped in an endless rubber band on the actual drop or a projecting piece of element tendril, whether mounted or not.

Is it just me or are the Gigas on this game Insanely overpowered?  Me and my LVL 60 enforcer got destroyed by a LVL 35 Giga yesterday.  I cheated in 100 shotgun shells and a lvl 500 ascended shotgun to kill it.  took 65 shots.  Same gun took 2 shots on a Lvl 85 T-Rex.

noticed that the Sarco knocks you off your enforcer and goes underneath it to kill it.  the enforcer can not hit the Sarco while it is under him.

Fell through the map near the city terminal located in a large bowl designed area.  Looks like a giant blooming onion from Applebees made of metal lol.  Best way to describe it.  I will get the exact lat and long when I get online here in a couple min.

Edit: Hole in map was fixed.  Forge issue is also resolved.  It actually makes metal bars better/faster than mined metal from rocks.  Forge can be turned off and on as needed.

On 15/11/2018 at 7:44, ForgivenMonster said:

Para mí, las texturas se ven constantemente "embarradas" y nunca se cargan completamente hasta el momento en Extinción. Juego en una Xbox One. Sé que jugar en el X1X es mejor en general, pero ninguno de los otros mapas se ve mal. ¿Hay alguien más experimentando esto?

Si estoy igual yo, al empezar todo bien todo correcto, hablando de las texturas, de repente me da un lagaso se congela unos segundos, y son dos o se cierra el juego o ya las texturas se ve como si estuvieran pintadas con crayon o echas de plastilina, lo peor es que los de wildcard ni siquiera responden los reportes que les e mandado, espero que se optimize en futuras actualizaciones esperemos ???

Oh so much agreed. Textures are awful. Now try split screen! So.Much.Lag. 

It's like they didn't even try to play test this on xbox let alone optimize it. Why would they ever release something like this? 

I'm chuckling at all the people who were saying the week delay for console was to fix the game. lol How'd that work out?

On 11/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, po8pimp said:

Is it just me or are the Gigas on this game Insanely overpowered?  Me and my LVL 60 enforcer got destroyed by a LVL 35 Giga yesterday.  I cheated in 100 shotgun shells and a lvl 500 ascended shotgun to kill it.  took 65 shots.  Same gun took 2 shots on a Lvl 85 T-Rex.

Yes wild gigas are op. That's the point, they have 80k base health in the wild and much higher melee then they tame out to. I'm not surprised that your lvl 60 enforcer got killed by a level 35 giga, it's pretty funny that you thought you could fight it ? a level 85 rex probably had like less than 3k health. when I take on any level giga even level 5, I bring at least 2 of my imprinted gigas. I would never try to fight them with anything else except maybe a tek tapejara or the titans

12 minutes ago, CalMargi said:

Yes wild gigas are op. That's the point, they have 80k base health in the wild and much higher melee then they tame out to. I'm not surprised that your lvl 60 enforcer got killed by a level 35 giga, it's pretty funny that you thought you could fight it ? a level 85 rex probably had like less than 3k health. when I take on any level giga even level 5, I bring at least 2 of my imprinted gigas. I would never try to fight them with anything else except maybe a tek tapejara or the titans

Managarmr can deal with them pretty efficiently, similarly to a lightning wyvern. Velanosaurs Would also be efficient!

On 11/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, Melcreif said:

Saddle Engrams for creatures originally found on SE and Ab aren't learnable on Extinction.  Nobody wants to travel to those maps just to learn an Engram for a creature they can currently tame on Extinction.

It's really not a big deal and as far as I can tell there aren't any dinos on the map that are aberration exclusive. It take a whole 10-20 minutes to go to the other maps to learn the engrams.

It blows me away that people are talking about engrams and texture issues when all of the expansion maps DON'T CURRENTLY SAVE PROGRESS. 

1. How can we expect WC to properly prioritize issues when as a community we can't provide them with proper feedback. In the hierarchy of a functioning game it should probably be able to save progress before address something as small as missing engrams.

2. Dear WC - What in the hell would possess you to drop an update right before Thanksgiving weekend and then piss off for the rest of the week?! You left your game essentially unplayable and then disappeared to go stuff your faces with your family. I'm not sayin you should have to work over the holiday, but maybe you just NOT drop a game breaking update right before.

performance and texture issues is a must fix this map looks terrible and has to be the worst for performance issues . i found out doing a yellow orbital drop earlier we all had  so low fps we all got wiped it was shocking . blue orbital drops are fine but above that we can't do due to the massive dino spawn and lag

To be honest, Extinction is the biggest disappointment of the year. It got announced in july and its almost december and still not working properly. Crappy textures and a lot of bugs. But the worst thing is that i cant enter Extinction. I have to reinstall it everytime i want to play. And thats why i f*****g hate Extinction, or at least the part i could play. 

16 yellow red purple orbital drops are pointless . so many dinos the fps is between 0-5fps ( yet again performance issues)

If it is a performance issue why is it in a bug listing. I've done many of these drops and my fps has not dropped below 60 and I run ark on high graphics. If it's a bug with the game than ya put it in but if its just a performance issue than it's not a bug. But I don't really know if other people are having this problem so if they are and it truely is a bug than i obviously was mistaken. The problem i have with the drops is that sometimes the final few dinos don't seem to spawn and i have to wait a minute or 2 for them do either despawn or the round just finishes.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:37 PM, MadTurninator said:

1 major render issues on everything nothing is loading in properly the dinos have no graphics the tools buildings look plain they have no detail . and resources like nodes trees have no detail at all 

2 enforcers and defence droids stand idle some attack but most don't fight back 

3 major lighting effects flicker in city areas.  one second its light then you move and it goes dark 

4 alot of fake trees bushes and  metal and stone nodes especially in the city were you can walk straight through them 

5 slingshot and bow locking up when shooting . having to unequip and equip to shoot after every shot   (known bug on rag map ) 

will update as i play more

6 bolas most of the time go straight through the target 

7 in the city the terrain is aweful you can be on a flat area and all of a sudden theres a hill in front of you and then it flickers back to flat again . seen this alot around green ob

8 forge known to bug with scrap metal not making metal ingots  ( temp fix making a new forge does fix as for how long not sure)

9 desert area major render issues flickering graphics all over dinos have 0 detail nothing loads in properly looks horrible

10  Saddle Engrams for creatures originally found on SE and Ab aren't learnable on Extinction 

11 found a few areas in the city and desert were you fall under map 

12 pointless map (another render problem as the map never loads just blurry )

13 nitrado server tested dino wipe and it messes the spawns up . we now have no beavers tried multiply wipes 

14 constant dashboarding 

15 tree platforms don't work 

16 yellow red purple orbital drops are pointless . so many dinos the fps is between 0-5fps ( yet again performance issues)

17 underground forest biome not very populated with dinos . seeing as all the other areas are . still not a bad thing with the performance issues at the moment 

18 corrupt wyverns spawning into city at 50, 50

On 11/23/2018 at 11:34 AM, CalMargi said:

It's really not a big deal and as far as I can tell there aren't any dinos on the map that are aberration exclusive. It take a whole 10-20 minutes to go to the other maps to learn the engrams.

It was before they re added drops. I had to run to Red Ob on SE which is usually a nightmare for naked survivors...

I am still getting a lot of rendering issues and ocassional crashes if I stay on the game for too long post bug fix update. Textures are bad too although not as bad as before. Extinction creatures textures are really bad. Sometimes they appear as triangular prism blobs for me while the regular Dino’s look normal. Does anyone know if there are going to be more bug fixes coming out soon? 

I play on the xbox one and I'll be running around the map and the landscape literally alters extremely badly back and forth between flat terrain and a jagged rough terrain. Also I'm having an issue with my base, walls and flooring on one side of my base like to just disappear. I use it as a storage building and ive lost quite a bit of rrs because of loosing boxes filled with stuff. Stone, metal, wood, doesnt matter what the structure is made of. Also extreme crashing issues!!!