Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cirkex

Ark Expansion Not Showing Up When Selecting Map

I have been playing Ark since beta and have supported you all by buying every expansion. Now I understand where you guys have came from as game development and publicly known hardships, but this is trash and i am putting that lightly. I understand upon release of a game or expansion there will be bugs, but every time there is a release there is a bug that renders the game almost completely unplayable and it lasts for weeks. Last time, if i remember correctly, I could not save for almost a month. What's really sad is that your player base was able to post about a temporary fix for the saving issue before you did.

Now on this expansion I get everything downloaded and I go to run my private server on my PC via the Xbox Play anywhere and I apparently do not have the ability to select the new map.

Is there a reason you guys can't get a handle on very obvious issues? I can't even launch the expansion. I can promise you if this continues me and many others will no longer be supporting ARK or any of your future games for that matter.

I have the exact same problem. I have ark installed on both my xbox one and my pc. The ark extinction works perfectly for single player ark, but then when I try to host a private server for my friends and I by using the xbox play anywhere crossplay i load up ark on my pc and the extinction DLC map wont show up under the other maps. It is nowhere to be found. In the bottom left of the screen it even says v778 and extinction is v779. Please fix this. O was really hoping to play this YESTERDAY!

18 hours ago, cirkex said:

I understand upon release of a game or expansion there will be bugs, but every time there is a release there is a bug that renders the game almost completely unplayable and it lasts for weeks

Fix one bug. Added 578 new bugs ... fix 2 bugs added 723 more ... it is tough really :( I do see how this can be a big annoyance to people but at the end of the day they are doing their best to get things running smoothly! Also their game prices are very reasonable .. I think I payed £12 for ark pre release ... and dlc are not bad either but if you look at any real official game brands like cod etc ... your looking at hundreds now and I suppose that's the price you pay for smooth gameplay. I don't know I just think we need to give them a break! They work 24/7 even when they go home they are thinking constantly about ark and how they can improve it ... as for focusing on dlc's over bug fixes ... they can't do bug fixes without money ... so new releases are the key to helping them improve the game .

55 minutes ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

Fix one bug. Added 578 new bugs ... fix 2 bugs added 723 more ... it is tough really :( I do see how this can be a big annoyance to people but at the end of the day they are doing their best to get things running smoothly! Also their game prices are very reasonable .. I think I payed £12 for ark pre release ... and dlc are not bad either but if you look at any real official game brands like cod etc ... your looking at hundreds now and I suppose that's the price you pay for smooth gameplay. I don't know I just think we need to give them a break! They work 24/7 even when they go home they are thinking constantly about ark and how they can improve it ... as for focusing on dlc's over bug fixes ... they can't do bug fixes without money ... so new releases are the key to helping them improve the game .

I agree, everyone deserves a break. Unfortunately, i have experienced something like this with almost every expansion. So it gets old after a while. Especially when the bugs seem to be blatantly obvious and make the game virtually unplayable. I can deal with bugged dinos, holes in the map, even spawning in a rock on occasion. However, the fact that i cant even launch the game that I paid for is a little obnoxious. Fortunately for them i like the game and i am giving it another chance but there needs to be a little more testing before release. These seem like common issues that should come to light when testing.