Dino Abilities

smaddox425

Hey, all! I figured I'd make this post to list general info on the creatures of Ark. For instance, the Oviraptor and its association with eggs due to those who found the first fossil of it thinking that it was trying eat eggs near said fossil.

If I don't list it and you know the reason for an ability a dino has, please post it so I can add to this post.

Achatina - No info

Allosaurus - Pack creatures due to many Allo fossils being found near each other

Ammonium - Inspiration for Ammonite Bile might be from squids spewing ink.

Angler - Ark Anglers actually don't behave very much like they do in real life. Anglerfish use the "sit and wait" tactic of catching fish, while Ark has very aggressive fish.

Ankylosaurus - It's common knowledge that Ankylosaurs had tails that were able to crush bone, so it only makes sense that the devs would choose this as a mining tool

Archaeopteryx - Thought of as the "missing link" between birds and dinos, gliding instead of flying makes perfect sense because these creatures most likely didn't achieve flight, but may have used their wings in a gliding fashion.

Argentavis - Though the real Argentavis looked very different, it was the biggest bird around. Argentavis most likely could only have flown for short burst, similar to how Pteranodons fly in game.

More to come

27 minutes ago, smaddox425 said:

Allosaurus - It's common knowledge that Ankylosaurs had tails that were able to crush bone, so it only makes sense that the devs would choose this as a mining tool

Umm... you wrote Allosaurus then stated Ankylosaurus? And the Achatina species is still alive today, but I think the devs just put it in there because of the slime. Since it makes since to use the slime to stick things together.

Archived