Lay off the ark devs!!!

FoolishF0X97

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They knew that their microsoft certs werent passed yet for windows 10 yet they choose to not tell us or say anything about it until their delayed release date. If they had properly informed us of the situation, this could have been avoided. I dont feel any sympathy for them on this situation. They need to learn from it. Because evidently, they havent the last several times. They need to understand that communication to their customers is key and they could avoid a lot of these unnecessary personal attacks against them if they had only properly resolved these issues as a company. As a company, they are failing this aspect of community service greatly and they deserve to be reprimanded. Mac and Linux users simply get "we're working on it" as their answer. Win10 get "waiting on cert". OFC people are mad. And the fact they choose to address this the day of launch when ppl are realizing they cant connect because its simply not available to them is ridiculous and some of the worst business practice ive seen in this sort of business. I play a lot of video games and anticipate a lot of game releases both, big and small, dlc or not, and I gotta say it's rare to ever get an experience like this. If they just properly informed us of these situation before their deadlines, you wouldn't see as many attacks against them, I assure you. This is the result of their own doing. 

18 hours ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

I feel like the timing of this post couldnt have been worse.Rn there are hundreds of players in a rage because characters theyve spent months lvling ascending and so forth are just gone with no word of response servers at a minimum even though they hit an all time high on steam and instead of this massive slew of issues being addressed they instead send out gifs and advertise new content not fixing what they pushed back 6 month to get right.This is a game theyve worked on 4 how many years now?And we are seeing consistent issues arise that brand new indie development teams wouldnt except from theirselves.Did they make an amazing game?Hell yes.But that does not excuse lack of communication with a their community and the flippant way they handle many of their promises and assurances the few that there are. I feel people would be far less hostel if instead of ignoring major issues and staying hush they kept communication when they make obvious mistakes. Its not a matter of disrespect its seeing that they never learn from their mistakes and even when they say theyll take extra time on something to do it "right" (like extinction) It somehow ends up as one of their biggest failures yet holes in the map over spawn and under spawn issues they had 6 extra months to get it right and years of experience to know how to do it right.At this point if we DONT hold the devs accountable for their actions and demand results for mistakes that should not happen that destroy our entire community to an extent with hundreds losing thousands of hours...then we our fools who deserve whatever failures we are given.I respect and love the game they built but i despise their flippancy and neglecive behavior they show the people who like me do.

1 minute ago, falensyndrome said:

I feel like the timing of this post couldnt have been worse.Rn there are hundreds of players in a rage because characters theyve spent months lvling ascending and so forth are just gone with no word of response servers at a minimum even though they hit an all time high on steam and instead of this massive slew of issues being addressed they instead send out gifs and advertise new content not fixing what they pushed back 6 month to get right.This is a game theyve worked on 4 how many years now?And we are seeing consistent issues arise that brand new indie development teams wouldnt except from theirselves.Did they make an amazing game?Hell yes.But that does not excuse lack of communication with a their community and the flippant way they handle many of their promises and assurances the few that there are. I feel people would be far less hostel if instead of ignoring major issues and staying hush they kept communication when they make obvious mistakes. Its not a matter of disrespect its seeing that they never learn from their mistakes and even when they say theyll take extra time on something to do it "right" (like extinction) It somehow ends up as one of their biggest failures yet holes in the map over spawn and under spawn issues they had 6 extra months to get it right and years of experience to know how to do it right.At this point if we DONT hold the devs accountable for their actions and demand results for mistakes that should not happen that destroy our entire community to an extent with hundreds losing thousands of hours...then we our fools who deserve whatever failures we are given.I respect and love the game they built but i despise their flippancy and neglecive behavior they show the people who like me do.

They're game is huge! Online, open world, cross platform etc etc etc! The list can go on ... where as indie games are kind of a piece of piss the develop compared to ark! Trust me I know poope all about developement lol but I'd imagine there's a big difference. I completely understand ... I would not continue playing if I lost my character and base etc :( I just feel terrible for them because they have put so much time, effort and money into this game and they don't get any appreciation for it! Yes there is a lot of bugs and glitches potentially fatal ones but people only notice the bad things and not the good! This site is full of bad forums slagging them off! Shame on me for posting a positive post giving them a good name though yes your right bad timing ... still it is true they deserve more respect whether or not they have made mistakes.

9 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Yes because they're going to create these smurfs accounts just to back themselves up on their own public forums?

bahahahahahahahahahahaa

Huh? O.o I am very much my own person xD are you saying I'm a dev in disguise ? Lol that would be ace ... trust I'd have better things to do if I was a dev

(quoted wrong person) ;) 

1 minute ago, MeduzazudeM said:

I wouldnt be surpriced honestly... Not like they r doing anything else game related afaik...

Oh yes, so because they're done with dlc they're going to start white-knighting themselves on their own forums? You don't think they have family? Friends? Their entire life is just about this game? Another thing to note is who exactly do you think is creating these smurf accounts? Is it the PR team? Or the actual art design devs themselves? It's a really stupid thing to say if you can't back it up.

The fact these forums even exist is a testament to their openness and willingness to connect with their fanbase. Just because they do not respond doesn't mean they do not read. And frankly, I don't blame them for not responding, especially with the current climate. They would have nerds with no lives jumping down their throats all because something is buggy.

7 minutes ago, earthwarder said:

look at these shills go lol -wc cant do no wrong even when they wrong us

That's not what the OP was trying to say.

You have to remember that the Devs are WC employees.  They have to do what their management tells them - or they get fired.
Which makes all of Ark's problems the fault and responsibility of the management team.

I have no doubt the Devs are working all hours to deliver what they're told to deliver.

It's the management team that needs to listen to their customers and employ the extra staff that are required to do QA, bug fixing and dev work.

All hail the Devs - you're doing a great job.

1 minute ago, DuoMogAgain said:

That's not what the OP was trying to say.

You have to remember that the Devs are WC employees.  They have to do what their management tells them - or they get fired.
Which makes all of Ark's problems the fault and responsibility of the management team.

I have no doubt the Devs are working all hours to deliver what they're told to deliver.

It's the management team that needs to listen to their customers and employ the extra staff that are required to do QA, bug fixing and dev work.

All hail the Devs - you're doing a great job.

i was actually implying that to the post above mine, saying that because they have forums they are open to us or some nonsense. That actually made me laugh out loud. Such a hilarious response. What game doesnt have forums?! lol

11 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Oh yes, so because they're done with dlc they're going to start white-knighting themselves on their own forums? You don't think they have family? Friends? Their entire life is just about this game? Another thing to note is who exactly do you think is creating these smurf accounts? Is it the PR team? Or the actual art design devs themselves? It's a really stupid thing to say if you can't back it up.

The fact these forums even exist is a testament to their openness and willingness to connect with their fanbase. Just because they do not respond doesn't mean they do not read. And frankly, I don't blame them for not responding, especially with the current climate. They would have nerds with no lives jumping down their throats all because something is buggy.

.... and helloooo from 1995.... "The fact these forums even exist is a testament to their openness and willingness to connect with their fanbase"... are u serious ?! every mmo game has a forum lol !

ohh and "...current climate" ? they brought that onto themselves !  im not talking about all the glitches... bugs... loss of character when transferring... loss of dinos... babies not eating... etc etc... just 1 thing should be in order ONE THING : ENOUGH SERVERS TO PLAY ON !!!! not even that can they do right... but yea lets all suck it up and let them **** down our throat. cuz they got our money and now they dont care. Cost Cutting is their next plan i tell u !

21 minutes ago, MeduzazudeM said:

.... and helloooo from 1995.... "The fact these forums even exist is a testament to their openness and willingness to connect with their fanbase"... are u serious ?! every mmo game has a forum lol !

ohh and "...current climate" ? they brought that onto themselves !  im not talking about all the glitches... bugs... loss of character when transferring... loss of dinos... babies not eating... etc etc... just 1 thing should be in order ONE THING : ENOUGH SERVERS TO PLAY ON !!!! not even that can they do right... but yea lets all suck it up and let them **** down our throat. cuz they got our money and now they dont care. Cost Cutting is their next plan i tell u !

I have two servers to choose from playing extinction on official. Even at 70/70 90% of the time I can still play when I want to. It's just about persistence. They do offer a poopload of official servers, just less in certain areas of the world. It is what it is they aren't made of money.

Also this isn't an mmo soo....

I don't believe they brought this on themselves, I believe that gamers these days are just so raptoring entitled that they don't have any room left for reasoning. Should they provide a disclaimer for the limited amount of servers in certain areas of the world? Maybe. But does it give people the right to fling vitrol and hate at them for it? I think not and I certainly wouldn't want to help anyone who was behaving in that manner.

Plus if you don't like how limited official servers are go play unofficial. There are other options available to you and If you truly enjoy playing this game it wont matter where you play it.

33 minutes ago, earthwarder said:

i was actually implying that to the post above mine, saying that because they have forums they are open to us or some nonsense. That actually made me laugh out loud. Such a hilarious response. What game doesnt have forums?! lol

It's more that they are not required to provide such services. Just because it has become more common to have this model doesn't mean it's required.

It's no wonder they only hang out on reddit and twitter is all I'm saying.

20 hours ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

Agree.

20 hours ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

The devs deserve a lot more respect, but WC need to get updates without delay Mac/Linux for 8 days (and counting).
The devs need time to rewrite some code and make the DLC not affect the current servers for other maps like The Island, Rag etc.
Just be polite.

I hate to break it to some of you  but Wildcard has screwed up plenty.  From the reason I stopped liking them, a forced flyer breakage that they have refused to make optional and lying all year about eventually doing so, to constant missed deadlines, allowing some people to cheat on officials, it still being possible to undermesh, and no different balancing for PVP and PVE which has caused b. There's a lot to criticize this company for. The thing about respect is it shouldn't just frely be given it is something you earn. They haven't earned my respect in over a year.

If Wildcard wants people to be nicer to them and stop 'comp'aining' then maybe they should stop making questionable decisions and lying to customers just to get them to keep playing and paying.

I love this game and with the discovery of unofficial servers i love it even more ! I have huge thanks to the devs they constantly have to fix little bugs that this giant gamer community is always complaining about , it's always something and they do a pretty good job at keeping up . They cant nakeds us all perfectly happy so just enjoy the game how it is and wait a week or two till extinction is more polished...except that mac guy he has a reason to be mad mad 

It's nice seeing an appreciation post instead of the usual complaints 

It's a great game and I love it. There will never be anything but corruption on these forums though and to be honest it's their own fault. They suck at the most important aspect of all this which is communication. If they could just get that one thing down it would solve so much of the salt that you see on here every day. Even just a daily update explaining what's up and what they're doing to fix it.

Something like:

"guys, we know we screwed up and destroyed all your bases, killed all your tames, and wiped all your characters... our bad. We won't give you back what was lost but we'll have the issue fixed within the next 11-15 years" -wc studios

*Throws caution to the wind*

My word,... we are allowed to praise WC right and keep a level of respect right ? Heck we can critise without being outright outrageous.  I honestly dont care what the devs have done, I will not allow it to lower the level of respect I show towards others. I try to keep this view at all times. This goes for any fact of life, I will not allow other people behaviour/treatment towards me to get the better of me, I like to think myself above such things (not that I am) I reserve the right to criticise AND praise WC.

Criticisism, dont get me started on the criticisms. From the flyer nerf (I didnt agree with how it was done), the handling of legacy, the state of officials dont get me started on officials, communication or lack of (a big issue), to this whole PC/Mac/linux debacle etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. I will critise but I wont let it get the better of me. 

But yes I will praise them too. This game has had an impact on my life and captured my imagination like no game has since the Pokémon francise. Heck I havent touched a pokemon game in ages because of it. Its helped me through the bout of depression I had about 1 to 2 years ago. Despite the buggy mess the game is I cant seem to get away from it and I am still having fun. And for that (despite all the darn issues) the devs have my thanks, I certainly got my moneys worth.

Lol have the seen the current state of the game, i mean where would i even start. 

They created their own criticism simple. Here's a fine example: 6 man small tribes is a very popular mode for a very good reason,they know it as well as the community knows it. So what did they do with this data? Released 3 servers across the whole of Europe giving 210 players the ability to play extinction small tribes, that is laughable and just wow. Six 6(3 NA, high ping) man servers and 171 people logged in to our server alone. 

Archived