Lay off the ark devs!!!

FoolishF0X97

Can't say I agree. I don't hate the devs, or despise them in any, but a lot of their decisions are really poor. I've played the game since its original launch on Xbox One(Mostly Singleplayer), and it's my most played game ever. I've done it all: Max Speed Pteras, Giga-killing Rexes, spawned over 50 Titans on the map, etc. etc.. I've completed the story(Except Extinction) five times now. And the whole time, I've been critical of the devs. Their communication is poor to say the least. I remember reading the Titanosaur dossier for the first time, "Nomadic Tribes use this as their main base" or something like that. It was gonna be great. Then, the Titanosaur released, and it was a 24 hour tame. For me on Singleplayer that wasn't an issue due to the server setting, but it was my first clue into the dev's true nature. The dossier has subsequently been changed at some point, if I find it I will share it.

The devs deserve a good majority of the criticism they get. Extinction has by far been the buggiest expansion they released, despite being the most anticipated and hyped. It feels like it was never properly tested. Just yesterday I walked out of the Sunken Forest only to have my Velonasaur teleport somewhere under the map and one of my Gachas disappeared entirely. They don't deserve hate, but the devs do need to start listening. Do you know why the Giga was never completely balanced out or fixed? The devs waited for us to forget they existed. They waited for different creatures like the flyers, Wyverns, and soakers to occupy our attention. And now the Giga is at best a B- tier raid creature due to its poor design. Is that really a good way to develop a game?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

And now the Giga is at best a B- tier raid creature due to its poor design. Is that really a good way to develop a game?

To be fair, it's completely balanced as a B tier raid creature. Sure, they don't have the 1.5 million HP and 6k base damage they used to have, but they still do the most damage in the entire game and occupy an entire swath of PvP and PvE roles making it one of the most bred, used and effective dinos in PvP

On 11/14/2018 at 12:01 AM, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

I'd love to show them respect, but so far they have delivered a product subpar to what was promised to me. The Linux version is riddled with texture issues, render issues. Heck, we don't even have music to hear or the sun to look at. They have always claimed for UE to support Vulkan properly, yet UE now has switched to Vulkan as the default while ARK devs have not. With a basic failure such as this, there's just nowhere I can go. The response from ARK devs has been lackluster at best, we literally have to @ them everytime the client is completely broken, etc. Due to the lack of ground clutter ragnarok's plains like a massive pile of poop. It's just such a shame and it's aggravating that the devs refuse to fix these kinds of things.

The animations on the characters (and dinos) also leaves much to be desired. The gun sizes are too big for most character without any discernible reason. Some caves/dinos are poorly balanced for certain gametypes (snow cave PvE is almost impossible thanks to the purlovias jumping out of the ground and chainstunning you to death). And while the game is as unfinished as it is, the devs are releasing new expansions and barely look back at the content they made in the past.

Yea I use to be you too. All of us did. Just like any bad relationship though there comes a time when its time to just let it go and move on. Either play and be content with what you have or save your time and emotions for another game that actually listens. These debates neither help nor hurt the game more than it is already doing to its self. All they do is rile everyone up for no reason just to have the same outcome in the end by the people that matter. silence. 

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

To be fair, it's completely balanced as a B tier raid creature. Sure, they don't have the 1.5 million HP and 6k base damage they used to have, but they still do the most damage in the entire game and occupy an entire swath of PvP and PvE roles making it one of the most bred, used and effective dinos in PvP

The Giga was designed to be the Apex Raid Creature. I'm one to think the Giga needs a rework to bring it in line with the other creatures in the game. The devs tried too hard to find a sweetspot between the Rex and Titan(Normal creature Vs. Raid creature), which doesn't work. I get that it's "balanced", but for the wrong reasons. 

On 11/13/2018 at 5:01 PM, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

Lay off the devs?! Is this a troll post? If not I will do my best to help you understand why there is such hate for the devs of a game we love so much:

Great game in the hands of a horible company. The 'Great Migration' was a perfect example of this. In a move to satisfy both the wipe and don't wipe crowds Wild Card decided to wipe 'some' servers upon launch. And a move I agree with. Now this is reasonable. However, they gave everyone only 5 days to do it. And oh wait, it gets better. In some game servers running special modes (primitive plus) they never turned on the ability to transfer! So two days into the 5 day transfer period to escape deletion they finally turn it on and we enter a mad rush to get our many tames and items and characters to the new server. On the 5th day Wild Card puts out a patch (never a smooth roll out) and breaks transfers. More than 24 hours BEFORE transfers close, the transfers close! And, in a true scumbag move Wildcard doesn't postpone deletion. Many characters who were going back and forth between servers to move items were now trapped along with many tames that were about to be uploaded on these doomed servers. Minutes turned into hours and finally the deadline came and many of our tribemates stood on obi transport pads with their tames and items hoping Wild Card would allow them to not be deleted. But it never happened. Thousands of hours of work gone. And the final insult. Never a word on this issue from the dev team despite hundreds of posts on the forums.

Don't get me wrong. The game is great. I will continue to play it. If you are thinking of buying this game, do so with one warning from me. Only proceed if you are okay with without warning having everything you worked for taken from you due to Wild Card for no good reason.

I have 7350 hours in the game.

TLDR: Great game, you will fall in love with it, and Wild Card will rip your heart out spit on your face and ask you to buy their next DLC.

11 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

I'm guessing OP doesnt have 1000's of hours of playtime since pretty much anyone who defends WC haven't been playing the game long enough. Great concept for a game and there is plenty they have done right but there is SO SO much they have done wrong. Worst gaming company I have ever had to deal with with any game I have put considerable time into.
Among hardcore Ark players they are a joke of a company.

I have been playing for a long time ... not long after it came out as pre release ?‍♀️ Trust me Iv had a lot of issues in the past haven't we all but I still rate this as one of the best games i have played by far with most definitely the best concept ... the only thing keeping it from the number 1 spot is the lag ... I can deal with the bugs or at least get over them mostly ? The bugs that take top spot of annoyance is when Dino's vanish of the face or the ark ... that's great fun. 

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Lay off the devs?! Is this a troll post? If not I will do my best to help you understand why there is such hate for the devs of a game we love so much:

Great game in the hands of a horible company. The 'Great Migration' was a perfect example of this. In a move to satisfy both the wipe and don't wipe crowds Wild Card decided to wipe 'some' servers upon launch. And a move I agree with. Now this is reasonable. However, they gave everyone only 5 days to do it. And oh wait, it gets better. In some game servers running special modes (primitive plus) they never turned on the ability to transfer! So two days into the 5 day transfer period to escape deletion they finally turn it on and we enter a mad rush to get our many tames and items and characters to the new server. On the 5th day Wild Card puts out a patch (never a smooth roll out) and breaks transfers. More than 24 hours BEFORE transfers close, the transfers close! And, in a true scumbag move Wildcard doesn't postpone deletion. Many characters who were going back and forth between servers to move items were now trapped along with many tames that were about to be uploaded on these doomed servers. Minutes turned into hours and finally the deadline came and many of our tribemates stood on obi transport pads with their tames and items hoping Wild Card would allow them to not be deleted. But it never happened. Thousands of hours of work gone. And the final insult. Never a word on this issue from the dev team despite hundreds of posts on the forums.

Don't get me wrong. The game is great. I will continue to play it. If you are thinking of buying this game, do so with one warning from me. Only proceed if you are okay with without warning having everything you worked for taken from you due to Wild Card for no good reason.

I have 7350 hours in the game.

TLDR: Great game, you will fall in love with it, and Wild Card will rip your heart out spit on your face and ask you to buy their next DLC.

That's a lot of hours dude ... I got 2555 I though I had no life ;) 

52 minutes ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

I have been playing for a long time ... not long after it came out as pre release ?‍♀️ Trust me Iv had a lot of issues in the past haven't we all but I still rate this as one of the best games i have played by far with most definitely the best concept ... the only thing keeping it from the number 1 spot is the lag ... I can deal with the bugs or at least get over them mostly ? The bugs that take top spot of annoyance is when Dino's vanish of the face or the ark ... that's great fun. 

Go play Center and see the bugs they added to it

12 hours ago, Black5Raven said:

Then why do not you personally write the entire list of claims "hard-core" players.
That would be pretty  interesting to read it.

By the way, most of the problems which we had in ARK created not by devs itself - problem in comunity and *hardcore* players in particular. 

All of these problems with a balance in PVP, dino, nerf flyers and etc. - it's the players fault mostly. Devs also made their faults but players did everything just worse.

Would be they nerf flyers so dramaticaly if they wouldnt be so OP and overused  by everybody (especially in PVP ?) 

The same with megatribes - problems not in tribe size, problem in people who ENJOY when others suffer. 

Just look at Day Z (when it was just an arma 2 mod ) - people had a lot of options how to communicate with each others but human nature was the reason that everything turned into a thoughtless call of duty with pew pew.

Problem in us. 

But devs should fix a lot,  everyone can agreed about these.

Nice try but the players have NO hand in the bugs and dumb choices(see sniper base destroyer meks as 1 of 2 bazillion issues) created by wildcard. 

Let me make this very very simple, this developer, released a player operated pvp tool that can decimate another players base out of range of the defending tribes "defences" completely bypassing said defences.WHO the hell thought that was acceptable/normal. That is game balance 101/basics and had nothing at all to do with the players. 

I gave you one of many many silly wildcard choices and bugs there. It would take a very long time for anyone to explain all the bugs and bad choices in this game in a forum post and i doubt anyone would have the time or inclination to do such a task

4 hours ago, MostSpy said:

You earn respect. You don't get it because your born a human.

I can kinda agree with that, but I follow the philosophy that everyone should be given a certain level of respect and kindness regardless simply because they’re human, and they deserve it. My only exception is people like murderers and what have you. Wildcard isn’t as bad as murderers, no?

They’re most certainly not my most respected group of people (far from it actually) but I treat them with respect and kindness because they’re humans who do this for a living, many of them having families to feed. 

Simply because you don’t like their game isn’t a good reason to be an a**hole to them. Especially when they aren’t deliberately being malicious. They’re pretty clearly just clueless.

Mind you, I’m not trying to defend the devs. All I’m saying is, could you guys please not be so ANGRY? It gets kinda tiring seeing all these people getting so worked up over such a minor thing. Complain to them all you want, just do it calmly and respectfully. Trust me, I know from experience that it’s more effective in general. 

8 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

Nice try but the players have NO hand in the bugs and dumb choices

we DO NOT talking about choises and bugs - we talking about peoples behaviour which is the main reason why balancing doesnt work.

Almost everyday on forum appears another topic * alpha tribe destroed everything, alpha takes 1st lvl prisoners who owned only dodo and had a thacht home and feed them with pop, alphas destroy any building which they do not own on the whole map/make any loot drop unreacheable and caves*. It is devs problem by design ? Maybe, but it is not so critical.

If people had a little respect for others and some empathy to them, then half of the controversial points in the balance would not be exist.  Thats what im talking about. 

And with the others problems - my answer the same. Not important PVE that or PVP - the same people, the same result.  It is easy to justify your own behavior and the behavior of other players by the fact that “but this is the fault of the bugs and tools given to us! Thats why we behave like assholes - shame on your devs! 111 *  

No need to confirm the reputation of the arc community being one of the worst. And i mention that again - we do not talk about bugs or strange choises like a kibble system (which created numerous problem). 

Game would be a lot better place if we had a little more respect to others and their efforts which they put in these game. Thats all.

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

for not knowing the Mek required fuel in standby mode after someone’s Mek had *starved to death* despite not having a food stat.

Well, MEK had an energy stat if i do not made any mistake so.... Thats their fault. Everything on TEK request a lot of fuel - if people believe that with mek it be different it not WC fail i suppouse.  

respect isn't going to magicly make wildcard make better choices and if it did then that would be implying they are punishing others because of the bad players correct?

Also giving the human respect is irrelevent,its a company and has ONE purpose,MONEY and it's been judged and criticised as a "company" so now thats established i can say 100% when they fail like other companies due to THEIR choices then they will get the BAD PR and critics.simple

14 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

The simple fact is WildCard hasn't respected me as a customer in over a year, close enough to 2 now. So I'm all too happy to give disrespect right back and will continue to do so until I get the optional change they should have done forever ago.

I may have disagreed with you in the past, but I’m with you 100% - regards DJ Rone

Archived