Lay off the ark devs!!!

FoolishF0X97

1 minute ago, Jacira said:

Although extinction's development time was extended they still did not miss the announced release date on PC. They missed the release date on consoles due to the certification process by Microsoft and Sony. Which is not entirely their fault.

How did the release date on consoles affect people's bases and characters exactly?

It was a joke about the element veins and glitched meteor showers destroying tons of bases and people losing characters due to an unannounced patch that wasn't on a Tuesday.  They had to disable those features because it got so bad.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Yeah i'd get all snappy at me too if I was shown how flawed my logic is.

So your new point seems to be that my. Low playcount doesn't suggest this game is mediocre at best, and people's criticisms of wildcard doesn't mean WildCard needs to change at all... While also saying your and a few other people's high play time is emperical proof this game is objectively awesomesauce...

Again, flawed logic.

I'm not snappy at all lol and not once did he state how my logic was flawed (at least in a coherent manner). 

Firstly if you've been following this well enough you'd know it's not a new point, it's a rehashed old point because I mistakenly brought subjectivity into the mix. The original point is that yes, high play times is statistical evidence of this game's merit. I'm sure you're going to skew this into some stupid hyperbole about how hello kitty island adventure is the best game ever coz 1 person probably has 10k hours. So let me just slot that in here for you. 

Putting words in my mouth and then saying it's flawed logic only further serves to make yourself look like a moron. If you cannot follow the chain of debate here just leave. You're only embarrassing yourself.

7 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

It was a joke about the element veins and glitched meteor showers destroying tons of bases and people losing characters due to an unannounced patch that wasn't on a Tuesday.  They had to disable those features because it got so bad.

Yea my base was affected by that too. I thought you meant the actual release of the dlc not what happened after. I agree with you though, that was pretty poop and they ultimately should have done a rollback it was so widespread, so on that we agree. Where we differ is that I believe (for whatever reason) they had a good excuse to not roll back the servers and it wasn't simply just because they are 'too lazy'. But I'm sure that's where our agreeing with each other ends. 

Just now, Jacira said:

Yea my base was affected by that too. I thought you meant the actual release of the dlc not what happened after. I agree with you though, that was pretty poop and they ultimately should have done a rollback it was so widespread, so on that we agree. Where we differ is that I believe (for whatever reason) they had a good excuse to not roll back the servers and it wasn't simply just because they are 'too lazy'. But I'm sure that's where our agreeing with each other ends. 

If they would have done proper testing of the game before they released it, which they do not, it would not have happened.  The Devs act like Ark is still in early access and it is okay to rely on players to do bug testing for them.

24 minutes ago, Jacira said:

I'm not snappy at all lol and not once did he state how my logic was flawed (at least in a coherent manner). 

Firstly if you've been following this well enough you'd know it's not a new point, it's a rehashed old point because I mistakenly brought subjectivity into the mix. The original point is that yes, high play times is statistical evidence of this game's merit. I'm sure you're going to skew this into some stupid hyperbole about how hello kitty island adventure is the best game ever coz 1 person probably has 10k hours. So let me just slot that in here for you. 

Putting words in my mouth and then saying it's flawed logic only further serves to make yourself look like a moron. If you cannot follow the chain of debate here just leave. You're only embarrassing yourself.

Only one here making stupid hyperboles is you kiddo ? Go get triggered elsewhere no one here cares.

Credit when credit is due, criticise when criticism is due.

The latter happens more often than not because that’s how the world works. You can do a thousand things right but it’s the things you get wrong that people will remember you by. However in the devs case, it’s the same mistakes, the same bugs, the same broken mechanics, the same exploits, the same cheats that persist in the game that draws everyone’s frustrations and attention to. 

I don’t agree with your statement because you are taking it by face value, however what I do agree on is the language people are using towards them which is disrespectful, regardless of content. No one deserves that kind of abuse because it’s not criticism if you resort to insults.

People should use Reddit to voice their real concerns. At least on there, the devs respond and the moderators are only bound by civility amongst subreddit members. There’s a white knight from here who acts differently on that site because they know the deal besides they hold no power there.

10 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

I'm curious how many people would take the same stance if they payed for a brick layer to build their house only for it to collapse the day its completed? Maybe your plumber floods your house? Electrician causes your dog to explode? 

Would you be declaring "its fine, think of all the jobs they didn't get wrong" ?

Well ... it think this is very far from different xD you buy a pre release game you got to expect it will take time even past its release date ... same as a lot of other more simpler games ... you gotta respect ark is a HUGE online, open world, cross platform game with a lot of mechanics... the way they do things is much different to a lot of games . 

On 11/14/2018 at 8:17 AM, MostSpy said:

Mac users haven't even been able to login to the game since the last update and their bases are probably de-spawning while u comfortably sit in your chair glorifying the people responsible. 

So why would they deserve respect again?

Why are you reacting to everyone of my posts with a facepalm? It's rather rude as it seems to be done purposely to give me bad reactions :/ 

This isnt a AAA game title and I doubt the Devs are in the top 5 percetile of developers out there, neither are they paid the salary of the top 5 percentile devs. They are though delivering a game, probably get no viewing of these forums and the topics that are discussed. They are probably told by Jen & Jat what is going on, and they just do as they are told. 

They probably use app tools such as sonarcloud which will validate the coding against SANS25 and OWASP (coding standards). The coding is probably fine but as most problem occur in testing, its here where the bugs should be recognised and resolved. 

I hope the devs do get the feedback from management but I doubt they get time on here, as this is where the moderators generally wait in the wings.

Im in agreement with @FoolishF0X97 here that they deserve some credit but lets stop with the facepalming all the time as these are peoples opinions and Im not seeing these as derogatory or flaming posts.

1 minute ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

I didn't quote you though did I? O.o i was saying that the way he had reacted to 10 plus posts on here with face palms was purposely done to give me bad reactions? :( 

3 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

You literally just facepalmed my post.? 

If I did quote you it was a mistake ?

Now moving slightly off topic and picking up on what my previous post said, I wonder what standard of devs these are? Grads, certified, experienced? 

I have seen some graduate devs who have created awesome work in the past and would be interested to know what level devs WC use... I dont think I will ever get to know but I would be interested.

17 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Now moving slightly off topic and picking up on what my previous post said, I wonder what standard of devs these are? Grads, certified, experienced? 

I have seen some graduate devs who have created awesome work in the past and would be interested to know what level devs WC use... I dont think I will ever get to know but I would be interested.

Well I bet they have more knowledge then I do ? But I guess that wouldn't be very hard .... good devs or bad devs they are just doing what they're being told/paid to do. They have a lot of people to satisfy and it's near impossible to keep everyone happy.. :/ it take people with a clear and open mind and good heart to appreciate what the whole team are doing! They aren't doing this just for money or fame because majority of profit is imagine goes back into the game? They live to meet expectations for everyone, themselves included most likely. I wonder if the wc team enjoy playing ark? ? probably not with access to all the admin cheats they could imagine ... they've done it all a million times Haha 

I wouldn't have any problems with the WC if they seemed to be improving. Unfortunately, it's absolutely undeniable that they're not only failing to improve, they're actively regressing. 

However, three years later they are repeating carbon copy the exact same mistakes, seem to have less then no meaningful knowledge of how the game works from a players point of view, and seem to test things even less then they used to (If that was even possible). 

24 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Honestly, the work of the actual game developers in Ark is high. Unbelievably so. 

However it's largely overshadowed by the ridiculously awful performance of literally every other part of the company. They have no testers, or people who play and understand the game to support the developers. They have next to no meaningful customer support. They have extremely subpar community interactions/managers (All the current CMs do is release prepared statements, there's no visible interaction with Wildcard and the community). Their official forums are a meme throughout the community. Their website is a meme in entire countries due to multiple mistakes in its management (Including one that prevented an entire continent from accessing it for weeks because someone was trying to ban a spammer, but banned the entire southern american continent instead). And the entirety of the previous problems points to a substantial defect in the middle and upper management of the company as a whole. 

Devs without any meaningful support are hard to evaluate because if the company employing the dev is awful, it will make the dev look awful. 

You literally called someone a moron in a previous post, have words censored throughout this thread and now you're talking about common decency?  How about being a bit more civil and stop getting out of your pram over a video game that the majority of people call trash anyway[emoji23]
I gave little tolerance for disrespectful, pessimistic fools who have nothing better to do then spend time in the forums of a game they think is trash. *shrug *

10 hours ago, Jacira said:

Lmao you list only PS4 servers and don't even show a timestamp to know whether it's on-peak or off-peak for that area and *that's* your evidence that they are failing? oh my ??

i don't need a time stamp.i just shot your "opinion" down but if you must be pedantic about it it was peak time.also im not going to go get ark on 3 machines just to prove my point,i proved it perfectly,you are wrong.THERE IS NO TIME STAMP ON PS4 lmfao

11 hours ago, Jacira said:

Lmao you list only PS4 servers and don't even show a timestamp to know whether it's on-peak or off-peak for that area and *that's* your evidence that they are failing? oh my ??

i also never said it was failing either,you're trying to put words in my mouth and failing.empty servers isn't success and neither are capped servers if they were even capped to begin with.the game could be 10 times more successful,you are just imposing "your" version of success which is not reality...

17 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

You and I differ on a fundamental level. My point stands.

To deserve respect for being would insinuate that respect can't and shouldn't be lost.  This is a naive way of thinking.  Again,  I'll reiterate.  There's a certain level of respect due to all new encounters.  Following a new encounter, every interaction stands to increase or decrease that level of respect.  Failing to show that initial level of respect, btw, is an interaction that would decrease said respect.

How about the ark devs learn to communicate better? That might earn them some respect. Also perhaps they can figure out how they are going to fix the problem they created when they released an update that locked all Mac players out for 9 day, which for some of us means we lost everything we had on our main servers and now also have a 9 day deficit in joining the new map. When they can tell me how they are going to fix that then perhaps they can have some respect, until then I’ll continue to consider them worthless. 

I'm guessing OP doesnt have 1000's of hours of playtime since pretty much anyone who defends WC haven't been playing the game long enough. Great concept for a game and there is plenty they have done right but there is SO SO much they have done wrong. Worst gaming company I have ever had to deal with with any game I have put considerable time into.
Among hardcore Ark players they are a joke of a company.

4 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

I'm guessing OP doesnt have 1000's of hours of playtime since pretty much anyone who defends WC haven't been playing the game long enough. Great concept for a game and there is plenty they have done right but there is SO SO much they have done wrong. Worst gaming company I have ever had to deal with with any game I have put considerable time into.
Among hardcore Ark players they are a joke of a company.

Then why do not you personally write the entire list of claims "hard-core" players.
That would be pretty  interesting to read it.

By the way, most of the problems which we had in ARK created not by devs itself - problem in comunity and *hardcore* players in particular. 

All of these problems with a balance in PVP, dino, nerf flyers and etc. - it's the players fault mostly. Devs also made their faults but players did everything just worse.

Would be they nerf flyers so dramaticaly if they wouldnt be so OP and overused  by everybody (especially in PVP ?) 

The same with megatribes - problems not in tribe size, problem in people who ENJOY when others suffer. 

Just look at Day Z (when it was just an arma 2 mod ) - people had a lot of options how to communicate with each others but human nature was the reason that everything turned into a thoughtless call of duty with pew pew.

Problem in us. 

But devs should fix a lot,  everyone can agreed about these.

Archived