Lay off the ark devs!!!

FoolishF0X97

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2018 at 5:01 PM, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

Respect is something earned, not deserved.  Wild Card devs have demonstrated time and time again that they are either extremely immature and naive in regards to how large scale game production works or that they simply don't care about their player base.  This is evident in the fact that with every update release since the windows 10 UWP version launched, they have ignored the tools provided them to have a smooth patch roll out.  They have literally alienated the UWP players each patch for 12-72 hours by rendering the official servers unable to be accessed.  Once or twice exhibiting this behavior is excusable.  A good dev will learn from the mistake and not make it a second time.  A dev that at least cares about his playerbase will try to learn what he needs to know to prevent these problems from happening multiple times.  Wild Card has done neither.  This is the source of practically all of the ire shown toward them.  This is the reason that the playerbase has lost its respect for them.  This is what needs to be changed.

24 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

*Throws caution to the wind*

My word,... we are allowed to praise WC right and keep a level of respect right ? Heck we can critise without being outright outrageous.  I honestly dont care what the devs have done, I will not allow it to lower the level of respect I show towards others. I try to keep this view at all times. This goes for any fact of life, I will not allow other people behaviour/treatment towards me to get the better of me, I like to think myself above such things (not that I am) I reserve the right to criticise AND praise WC.

Criticisism, dont get me started on the criticisms. From the flyer nerf (I didnt agree with how it was done), the handling of legacy, the state of officials dont get me started on officials, communication or lack of (a big issue), to this whole PC/Mac/linux debacle etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. I will critise but I wont let it get the better of me. 

But yes I will praise them too. This game has had an impact on my life and captured my imagination like no game has since the Pokémon francise. Heck I havent touched a pokemon game in ages because of it. Its helped me through the bout of depression I had about 1 to 2 years ago. Despite the buggy mess the game is I cant seem to get away from it and I am still having fun. And for that (despite all the darn issues) the devs have my thanks, I certainly got my moneys worth.

This is what I would consider to be a fair and sane mentality. I understand criticism, but the childish hyperbole, personal insults, and vitriol a handful of folks here espouse are pathetic at best.

Just now, Sithisvoid said:

Typically at work i get respect when I'm doing a good job. Just sayin....

You should expect a base-level of respect and decency on human level whether you do a good job or a bad job. People who judge others solely on their mistakes and shortcomings are irrational and petty, and have no business being taken seriously on an authoritative level.

3 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Respect is something earned, not deserved. 

...the rally cry of the disrespectful.

I'm curious how many people would take the same stance if they payed for a brick layer to build their house only for it to collapse the day its completed? Maybe your plumber floods your house? Electrician causes your dog to explode? 

Would you be declaring "its fine, think of all the jobs they didn't get wrong" ?

16 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

If unofficial servers were guaranteed to be around for a long time then I think people would gladly play them. The game even advertises itself as an online multiplayer as many people previously pointed out, so at the very least you'd think there would be at least enough official servers for new players who don't even have a clue how to play the game, let alone know unofficial exist. Just think about how many new players bought the game, loaded up an official server to find out it's at cap, so they uninstalled and moved on. They really aren't doing themselves any favours if I'm being honest. It's like you can't even give legit suggestions without people screaming at you that you're hating on the game or to "give them a break." I mean, a human being can grow another human inside them in the time it takes for them to fix a handful of bugs. Gotta draw the line somewhere lol. xD

First of all if someone who has no idea how to play picks up the game, they are not going to simply uninstall the game at the first sight of not being able to play on official servers. And if they do then it probably wouldn't have been their type of game anyway if they aren't willing to try other methods of being able to play. There is also single player which is available to anyone and the longevity of unofficial servers should not be a concern since, as evidenced by the legacy servers and prim plus servers shutting down. This is inevitable. You can also view the server information on third party websites to track how long and active it has been (both good indications of a nice place to set up).

The game also advertises itself as a survivor game with multiplayer elements but arguing what type of game Ark might be is not why we're here. We're here because people do not know how to give constructive criticism of Ark's flaws. Instead they resort to pathetic and abhorrent behaviour to show their disdain towards the development team of a game they've obviously spent a good part of their lives playing. Talk about spitting at the hand that feeds you!

As for your tame cap complaint. I'm not sure if you haven't turned on the game in the last week but tame cap is not an issue anymore (surprise!). Yes the cryo-pods have actually worked (Ermagawd Wild Card did something right!). At least in my circle of friends I can report that 5-6 servers that were previously hard-capped for some months are finally off cap and have been for a few days now.

Lastly as I said above, there is a massive difference between "giving legit suggestions without people screaming at you" and calling the devs crap/dumb/etc because something didn't go their way in the game.

PS- And your analogy of comparing Ark to child birth is flawed. If it was as easy to create Ark as it is to conceive a child, then Ark could have a development team of dyslexic, mentally-handicapped people and it would still be a bug-free masterpiece. 

21 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Why should anyone here kiss their butts anyways when it's blatantly obvious they don't care about a single poster here beyond how much money we are willing to give them.

No one is kissing their butts. I'm defending a group of people from mindless asinine comments like the poster above about electricians causing dogs to explode. It's just a coincidence that this group of people happen to be the devs of Ark.

Also how is it blatantly obvious? (<- an actual question) Did they have to introduce cryo-pods? A tool that has single-handedly fixed a host of Ark's issues and a tool that this very community was screaming about for months?

I'm not sure how much you actually play this game but I paid $60 in pre-access and then another $60-ish for the season pass. All up that's $120 and I have gotten almost 4500 hours of playtime in this game.  Name a single other thing you can pay $120 and get 187 whole days of enjoyment out of?

On 11/13/2018 at 6:01 PM, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

Devito.gif

12 minutes ago, Jacira said:

No one is kissing their butts. I'm defending a group of people from mindless asinine comments like the poster above about electricians causing dogs to explode. It's just a coincidence that this group of people happen to be the devs of Ark.

Also how is it blatantly obvious? (<- an actual question) Did they have to introduce cryo-pods? A tool that has single-handedly fixed a host of Ark's issues and a tool that this very community was screaming about for months?

I'm not sure how much you actually play this game but I paid $60 in pre-access and then another $60-ish for the season pass. All up that's $120 and I have gotten almost 4500 hours of playtime in this game.  Name a single other thing you can pay $120 and get 187 whole days of enjoyment out of?

Rust, or any other survival game. And then there is TF2 which is free

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

...the rally cry of the disrespectful.

If you read my whole post, nothing in it was disrespectful.  It was simply a recanting of what has happened.  There's a certain level of respect I will show a stranger, which is the same level of respect I expect to receive from said stranger.  After having any form of relationship with someone, though, that person has then had the opportunity to earn or lose respect.  The relationship of Wild Card to their playerbase has been one of acts which have done little to earn respect and much to lose it.  You don't deserve respect just for being.  You get the ration due any new encounter, and the rest is earned.  This is the way the world has always worked and will always work.

*edit* also, you made a comment about people judging others based purely on their mistakes.  This is so far out in left field, it's almost funny.  Few people in this thread fall under that category.  I'm sure there are some.  People love to jump on a bandwagon of hate.  The problem is that the number of mistakes and failures GREATLY shadows the number of successes.  I mentioned in another thread, the UWP players have been alienated quite literally every single patch release.  The shortest time discrepancy has been 12 hours.  That means that, on the patch that went the smoothest for UWP players, we were treated to 12 hours of downtime that we couldn't play on any servers whatsoever due to the servers being updated before we were allowed to download the patch.  This has been a problem every single patch.  This whole problem is alleviated by using the tools microsoft has given all of the devs for this very situation.  You submit your patches for cert with a delayed deployment.  Once all of your patches have passed cert for the crossplay platforms, you then schedule your deployment.  Once the scheduled time has arrived, you bring your servers down for maintenance and update.  This is something given to any dev on the xbox platform, be they AAA devs or ID@XBOX devs.  Wild Card makes the decision to ignore this opportunity and just shoot for immediate deployment upon passing cert.  As soon as one of the platforms passes, they bring the servers down and update.  The version discrepancy of server:client that results leaves one side (either xbox or UWP) out on the crossplay side of things.  It just so happens that each time, the UWP has been the victim.

53 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Asinine no,perfect analogy. Business 101 simple. Again, reread my comment, would you praise someone who keeps proving time and time again they aren't doing  their job correctly. No you wouldn't, simple. In any other industry this company would be bleeding money, bleeding customers and have a reputation for missing the mark every time. Its only because its the gaming industry and people get all soppy and wet behind the ears that wildcard gets away with it. 

Reputation questionable? 

1st impressions, questionable? 

If long time players are sick of the failures what do you think new players are going to think. Defend all you want, the fact is if there was to be a future dlc i could make money simply placing a bet on the out come, which is predictable every time, failure. You would think failure would learn you things, clearly not... 

56 minutes ago, Jacira said:

So it took how many years to introduce cryopods and fix the PvE cap problem? Lol, and months? Nah it was a problem for years.

I hate to break it to you but it isn't ArkRages logic that is flawed. In no other aspect of our lives do people give a company for a service, have the service be wrong, and just sit there and accept that but when it comes to video games people are far too willing to pay for a subpar game. You won't go to a doctor for heart problems and when that docs checks out everything but the heart would you just go on and say 'well at least everything else is good. No, you are either going to refuse to leave until the heart gets fixed or your going to get a second opinion. (Or in video game metaphor buy from different developers.)

If you go to a mechanic for enggine troubles but all they doo is change your oil and mess with your doors & windows you're not going to say hey good enough and leave. I don't accept doing a job wrong anywhere else so I'm not about to accept it here and that's not entitlement. What IS entitlement however is the people on here who think because they don't have issues with the game that no one is allowed to have issues.

I'm going to tell you the flaw in the logic behind your own example. You probably compare the money versus hours spent to completely unrelated hobbies like seeing a movie, right? I'll tell you I payed 30$ and got almost 300 hours. But compared to other games I have payed for that's a small amount of hours. Even with the complete train wreck that 7 days to die ended up being on console I clocked in nearly 2k hours over various playthroughs. Even a 'small' game like The Binding of Isaac I've put in more hours because those other game devs didn't nerf all the fun out of their games.

Edit: Sorry for the slow response I was actually checking all my games hours lol

6 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

So it took how many years to introduce cryopods and fix the PvE cap problem? Lol, and months? Nah it was a problem for years.

I hate to break it to you but it isn't ArkRages logic that is flawed. In no other aspect of our lives do people give a company for a service, have the service be wrong, and just sit there and accept that but when it comes to video games people are far too willing to pay for a subpar game. You won't go to a doctor for heart problems and when that docs checks out everything but the heart would you just go on and say 'well at least everything else is good. No, you are either going to refuse to leave until the heart gets fixed or your going to get a second opinion. (Or in video game metaphor buy from different developers.)

If you go to a mechanic for enggine troubles but all they doo is change your oil and mess with your doors & windows you're not going to say hey good enough and leave. I don't accept doing a job wrong anywhere else so I'm not about to accept it here and that's not entitlement. What IS entitlement however is the people on here who think because they don't have issues with the game that no one is allowed to have issues.

I'm going to tell you the flaw in the logic behind your own example. You probably compare the money versus hours spent to completely unrelated hobbies like seeing a movie, right? I'll tell you I payed 30$ and got almost 300 hours. But compared to other games I have payed for that's a small amount of hours. Even with the complete train wreck that 7 days to die ended up being on console I clocked in nearly 2k hours over various playthroughs. Even a 'small' game like The Binding of Isaac I've put in more hours because those other game devs didn't nerf all the fun out of their games.

Edit: Sorry for the slow response I was actually checking all my games hours lol

Took the words out of my mouth, no doubt you will be accused of being "asinine" though... 

10 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

Asinine no,perfect analogy. Business 101 simple. Again, reread my comment, would you praise someone who keeps proving time and time again they aren't doing  their job correctly. No you wouldn't, simple. In any other industry this company would be bleeding money, bleeding customers and have a reputation for missing the mark every time. Its only because its the gaming industry and people get all soppy and wet behind the ears that wildcard gets away with it. 

Reputation questionable? 

1st impressions, questionable? 

If long time players are sick of the failures what do you think new players are going to think. Defend all you want, the fact is if there was to be a future dlc i could make money simply placing a bet on the out come, which is predictable every time, failure. You would think failure would learn you things, clearly not... 

If it was failing the servers wouldn't be population capped. Your opinion is what's really questionable here.  Also you might want to include specific instances and evidence before just spewing poop on the forums.

17 minutes ago, Jacira said:

If it was failing the servers wouldn't be population capped. Your opinion is what's really questionable here.  Also you might want to include specific instances and evidence before just spewing poop on the forums.

You want me to prove that arks reputation is questionable lol. Ow dear, you are in trouble lol.

Servers capped? Wrong you might want to re think your "opinion" on that , 6 man small tribe servers are the only ones doing well (not surprising seems as there' was only 6 servers for the 1st 48 hours ?) only 6 offical servers were capped, official  aint capped! 

See below proof, 70 servers, not capped.i don't deal in opinions, sorry 

https://imgur.com/a/pJ0n95u

11 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

It wasn't a problem for years DILO lol I've been playing for years now and the only time tame cap became a widespread issue was on the new servers (after they reduced the overall server count by more than half). Secondly, I never said his logic was flawed, I said his analogy was flawed. If you're going to back up his points you should probably learn to read first.

The service is not wrong, this is the issue. It has it's problems sure, as does everything in life. But it is in no way wrong. You are getting what you paid for, just at a begrudgingly limited access. The rest of your analogies are so dumb I'm not even going to bother addressing them. And yes take it from someone that works in the medical industry, there are some doctors that will NOT do anything for their patient's heart problems if it's at risk of further detriment to the patient. A good analogy you can compare to Ark, that they wont try to fix something if it's just going to cause more problems, which is especially true in game development (fixing one thing can very easily break another).

As for you telling me the flaw in my own logic behind my example. You didn't tell me anything lol you just told me how much time you've spent playing other games verses Ark. That is my mistake for simply asking the question of "what else gives you 187 days of enjoyment for $120. I shouldn't have asked this question because it's purely subjective. I'm glad that you have clocked 2k hours on 7 days to die. I tried playing and couldn't even get past the 50 hour mark. I'm also sorry to hear that Ark wasn't for you, but I feel like this isn't all the developers fault.

My point about listing my playtime vs. money paid is to show people that this game truly is great, I know countless friends and traders that have a lot more hours than me as well. It's all evidence to show that this game is not as bad as people in this thread are proclaiming, and by extension it's developers aren't either.

6 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

You want me to prove that arks reputation is questionable lol. Ow dear, you are in trouble lol.

Servers capped? Wrong you might want to re think your "opinion" on that , 6 man small tribe servers are the only ones doing well (not surprising seems as there' was only 6 servers for the 1st 48 hours ?) only 6 offical servers were capped, official is aint capped! 

https://imgur.com/a/pJ0n95u

Lmao you list only PS4 servers and don't even show a timestamp to know whether it's on-peak or off-peak for that area and *that's* your evidence that they are failing? oh my ??

7 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Devs:  We've missed another date and really messed up alotta peoples bases and characters, what should be do to make it up to the people we disappointed?

Coupon-Day.jpg

Although extinction's development time was extended they still did not miss the announced release date on PC. They missed the release date on consoles due to the certification process by Microsoft and Sony. Which is not entirely their fault.

How did the release date on consoles affect people's bases and characters exactly?

5 minutes ago, Jacira said:

It wasn't a problem for years DILO lol I've been playing for years now and the only time tame cap became a widespread issue was on the new servers (after they reduced the overall server count by more than half). Secondly, I never said his logic was flawed, I said his analogy was flawed. If you're going to back up his points you should probably learn to read first.

The service is not wrong, this is the issue. It has it's problems sure, as does everything in life. But it is in no way wrong. You are getting what you paid for, just at a begrudgingly limited access. The rest of your analogies are so dumb I'm not even going to bother addressing them. And yes take it from someone that works in the medical industry, there are some doctors that will NOT do anything for their patient's heart problems if it's at risk of further detriment to the patient. A good analogy you can compare to Ark, that they wont try to fix something if it's just going to cause more problems, which is especially true in game development (fixing one thing can very easily break another).

As for you telling me the flaw in my own logic behind my example. You didn't tell me anything lol you just told me how much time you've spent playing other games verses Ark. That is my mistake for simply asking the question of "what else gives you 187 days of enjoyment for $120. I shouldn't have asked this question because it's purely subjective. I'm glad that you have clocked 2k hours on 7 days to die. I tried playing and couldn't even get past the 50 hour mark. I'm also sorry to hear that Ark wasn't for you, but I feel like this isn't all the developers fault.

My point about listing my playtime vs. money paid is to show people that this game truly is great, I know countless friends and traders that have a lot more hours than me as well. It's all evidence to show that this game is not as bad as people in this thread are proclaiming, and by extension it's developers aren't either.

Yeah i'd get all snappy at me too if I was shown how flawed my logic is.

So your new point seems to be that my. Low playcount doesn't suggest this game is mediocre at best, and people's criticisms of wildcard doesn't mean WildCard needs to change at all... While also saying your and a few other people's high play time is emperical proof this game is objectively awesomesauce...

Again, flawed logic.

Archived