Lay off the ark devs!!!

FoolishF0X97

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT [emoji20][emoji173]️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work [emoji173]️ 
I agree

The thread title usually resembles game development once the game is "finished", usually the team involved is let go and those that are "needed", to maintain things get kept until popularity plummets.

I don't have many social networks because i don't see the need for them, the fact that panda said directly to involve him in situations to fix is pretty damn cool.  

Unless the roomers of the A2 actually are a thing, then i would suppose they would be safe in that regard, we won't know about that till we know.

2 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

The thread title usually resembles game development once the game is "finished", usually the team involved is let go and those that are "needed", to maintain things get kept until popularity plummets.

I don't have many social networks because i don't see the need for them, the fact that panda said directly to involve him in situations to fix is pretty damn cool.  

Unless the roomers of the A2 actually are a thing, then i would suppose they would be safe in that regard, we won't know about that till we know.

I hope the ark 2 rumors are fake .. I really really do. We don't need a second ark it isn't that time of game for one!! They need to focus on this ark as there is no denying it really needs work ... I think from the start ark wasn't expecting this kinda of response from creating a game ... it really really took off and they have been on catch up ever since ... trying to "cater" to millions of players and maintaining servers whilest needing to add more .. they have been going at such a fast pace it's rather incredible how they have kept up. Though to players of ark it seems like updates and DLC's take forever ... well they are way quicker then the producers and makers of game of thrones -.- ?. In my opinion ark 2 (if it is a actual thing) will just be a way to get more money in their pockets to continue doing what they love which is developing such a great game! This is their last income quite possibly so after extinction I'd imagine they are going to strt running out of money to improve the game and pay staff and what not... so yes ark 2 does seem logical ... :( 

23 hours ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get? And I bit more appreciation??? The way people comment on their twitter posts and page posts is just disgusting!! Show them some respect. You obviously enjoy the game as your still playing it. Yes it's buggy yes it's glitchy but come on guys!!! It's a HUGE online game with A LOT of things going on in the game! i don't know the littlest thing about developing games ... but I'd imagine it isn't easy!! Especially a game of this size ! With structures and creatures that I'd imagine require a lot of mechanics? I think we really need to lay off them and show them how much of a great job they are doing! Yes they make mistakes ... they maybe make a lot of mistakes but I bet they don't ever rest until they have fixed their mistakes ... their constantly on the job ... it's not like your average job where you go home and forget about work till the next day . No no no .... I'm sure ark never leaves their mind and they are always coming up with new ways to make gameplay better ... a lot of their bug fixes and improvements go unnoticed to the average player but A LOT of work goes into this game daily . START APPRECIATING IT :(❤️. You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work ❤️ 

I agree, they deserve more respect. We all enjoy the game still and well it’s amazing. People have a bad habit to talk negative about something when they are deeply passionately about it.

I have ranted many times also but of course, all respect to them for the effort and for this game.

22 minutes ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

I think your the first person Iv seen that has given the even 2 words of respect :) 

It happens every once in a while, but it always devolves into a massive multi-page airing of grievances that eventually gets deleted because people start lashing out at each other with personal insults and threats...then all of the people airing grievances accuse the forum moderators of infringing on their free speech by deleting the thread. Someone gets banned, more lash out, lather, rinse, repeat every few months.

9 minutes ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

I hope the ark 2 rumors are fake .. I really really do. We don't need a second ark it isn't that time of game for one!! They need to focus on this ark as there is no denying it really needs work ...

Agreed. Ark has so much potential if the devs would just polish it. Fix the bugs. Keep expanding the story.

17 minutes ago, iStephano said:

I agree, they deserve more respect. We all a joy the game still and well it’s amazing. People have a bad habit to talk negative about something when they are deeply passionately about a thing also. 

I have ranted many times also but of course, all respect to them for the effort and for this game.

Very good point. Agreed ❤️ 

17 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

It happens every once in a while, but it always devolves into a massive multi-page airing of grievances that eventually gets deleted because people start lashing out at each other with personal insults and threats...then all of the people airing grievances accuse the forum moderators of infringing on their free speech by deleting the thread. Someone gets banned, more lash out, lather, rinse, repeat every few months.

That is the way the world works ?‍♀️ Sucks really ... if only people were more considerate of others ? Agree with you 100% ... I don't think I have ever seen one nice comment under their posts ... 

I respect the devs for making this game. It is by far the best Open World PVP game on the market. Lower quality imitation products like Conan Exile's don't even come close.

That said while the devs started with a great idea, the game is still unfinished in a lot of ways. There are lot of bugs still present and quite a few balance issues that need to be resolved.

8 hours ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

I also agree, the amount of detail they put into maps is amazing :D

9 hours ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get?

Mac users haven't even been able to login to the game since the last update and their bases are probably de-spawning while u comfortably sit in your chair glorifying the people responsible. 

So why would they deserve respect again?

10 hours ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

Am I the only person who think that the ark devs deserve a lot more respect then they get?

No you're not.  I think the Devs are doing some fantastic stuff.

10 hours ago, iStephano said:

I agree, they deserve more respect. We all a joy the game still and well it’s amazing. People have a bad habit to talk negative about something when they are deeply passionately it.

Same here. I have about 6k hours ingame and ranted a lot because the more you play the more crashes/bugs you can encounter. I think I'm now used to bugs and crashes. Lost my lvl 394 Thyla a few days ago because he poofed out of his digital world but I don't really mind. Just breed a new one and do some admin-commands, because I already did it legit. :DOn the other hand: if I would play official and such things happened, I would've quit Ark a looooong time ago.

The thing I always keep in my mind: what if the devs WILL INDEED get rid of the bugs/lag/crashes one day? All my hate and negative predictions would've been unfair.

Let's be honest, I wouldn't have 6k ingame hours if Ark would be that hell of a mess many people say. I always enjoyed it and the longest time I didn't play it was for 5 days in a row, so thanks Devs! ?

6 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Mac users haven't even been able to login to the game since the last update and their bases are probably de-spawning while u comfortably sit in your chair glorifying the people responsible. 

Wow just wow ... respect is due mainly just for making this awesome game! Everyone is having issues with the last update and mainly every game out there has issues and bugs and glitches ... even offline games . They are doing brilliantly 

4 minutes ago, FoolishF0X97 said:

Wow just wow ... respect is due mainly just for making this awesome game! Everyone is having issues with the last update and mainly every game out there has issues and bugs and glitches ... even offline games . They are doing brilliantly 

Sadly the raging gamer will not show this kind of respect, showing very little understanding for the difficulty of developing software, especially across the multiple platforms as Wildcard is doing.

7 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Jesus Christ, the devs deserve respect because they’re HUMAN BEINGS. We can’t expect perfection from them. We can expect a lot better, but we CERTAINLY don’t need to be a**holes about it. Everyone except basically murderers and other people on those levels deserves plenty of respect. You shouldn’t treat someone badly just because they made a game that has bugs, especially before you know their intentions and feelings. They almost certainly aren’t sitting back and laughing maniacally at all the problems they’ve made.

If the game and it’s devs tick you off so much, why do you still play? You evidently aren’t getting much fun out of it. It’d probably be a good idea to do something more productive or at least something that doesn’t upset you so much. Also keep in mind that IT’S A VIDEOGAME. Not reality. Not required to live or anything. It’s just a nice thing to enjoy when you have free time.

And to OP, thank you for finally saying something positive. The devs made a game that we all seem to enjoy despite its flaws, and they deserve better than the treatment we’ve given them. Hats off to the devs!

Ark devs have a job just like the rest of us (yes, even the unemployed if they are parents, carers etc). They should get credit where they do things well, and they should get constructive feedback where they don't do things so well. 

Extinction seems like a fun place to play and for that part well done to the devs. Whats probably forgotten is that some of the coding has gone awry at times (see other posts) such as roll backs, emergency patches etc. It happens, but we all need to just be patient and play the game as it is until its fixed.

It would be more prudent for those responsible for changing the direction ARK takes (and I doubt its the devs here) to take into consideration the future impacts that their changes are going to make i.e. like they did with the flyer nerf - I dont believe the ARK (producers?) really considered everything here but thats just an example.

So yes, well done devs, you have coded some great pieces so keep up the good work. Should we also be praising the games creators/producers for where the game has gone?

I personally like Wildcard a lot, they clearly made the game I have been most invested on in my entire gaming life. In my experience I never encountered a "perfect" project, though I did have more polished ones for sure. In the end the fun aspect and proper use of dinosaurs (not just target practice) has ultimately won me over.

Most communities I have been part of recently have been very divisive about pretty much anything. I doubt you can be a developer without the heat now days. I have some notion of programming, though I am certainly no professional, I can understand that going thru 100s line codes can be hard, sometimes the line code I copied and pasted was not carried over in full, or it missed some kind of punctuation, or updated something and didn't cascade over and so forth. Attention is key in these things, though admittedly there are tools that help out with these now days. Its not hard, but it does demand a lot none the less.

I do have reservations with their dependency on third parties, nothing beats having a colleague right next to you going thru the work and giving input.

Cheers! 

Archived