cryopods -cryofreezers

Avaraxius

So yesterday i put about 55% of mine breeded dinos in the cryo freezer, but the cryo sicknes time i do not like i think even it is a punishement. If i want to breed and get a male and 5 females out that wil be around 15 minutes of cryo sicknes or my boss dinos get wiped so wil be 3min x 20 dinos.

Using these pods should be rewarding since users open up space on the server, for tribe cap can always move to other servers with my tames so using pods should be more 'rewarding'. The cost is high aswel offcource but you dont need to feed anymore and once a month alpha ape run and you got about two months of power.

This is what concerns me most atm i made alot of space on the server that is at cap mostly, now this means in probalby in few weeks i wil have trouble to get my dinos out because of all the new players that tame now aswel with free space and ofc players that wont use the pods.

Cryopods sould be available on lower lvls and in my opinion available on all maps and als possibilty to recharge with electricity since it is also introduced as a solution for server cap. Sure players can trade but after 30 days or 60 they need to be recharged.

But i definitly like them this means going on vacation for atleast 2 weeks without dinos decaying or starving ^^, great option for solo players.

21 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

So yesterday i put about 55% of mine breeded dinos in the cryo freezer, but the cryo sicknes time i do not like i think even it is a punishement. If i want to breed and get a male and 5 females out that wil be around 15 minutes of cryo sicknes or my boss dinos get wiped so wil be 3min x 20 dinos.

Using these pods should be rewarding since users open up space on the server, for tribe cap can always move to other servers with my tames so using pods should be more 'rewarding'. The cost is high aswel offcource but you dont need to feed anymore and once a month alpha ape run and you got about two months of power.

This is what concerns me most atm i made alot of space on the server that is at cap mostly, now this means in probalby in few weeks i wil have trouble to get my dinos out because of all the new players that tame now aswel with free space and ofc players that wont use the pods.

Cryopods sould be available on lower lvls and in my opinion available on all maps and als possibilty to recharge with electricity since it is also introduced as a solution for server cap. Sure players can trade but after 30 days or 60 they need to be recharged.

But i definitly like them this means going on vacation for atleast 2 weeks without dinos decaying or starving ^^, great option for solo players.

I don't know much about cryo sickness but I do believe it is capped at 5min. So if you throw 10 dinos out, the first one is fine, the 9 others shoulf sleep for 5min. That's what I understood. 

I was so happy with the cryo pods, but am now not sure it will cure the capping issue. Yes, I can put x amount of dinos in the cryo fridge and free up some of the cap allowance but if other players dont, then its going to make no difference. Im hoping most players will remove most of their eggers or their prized posessions but I fear that it will just allow players to choose when they want to raise something and keep their tames close to their 500 limit :(

Ok yust found out when out of cryo dinos have cooldown (18h + on rex ) on breeding like changing server , this means i need to plan and take out dinos before i breed. I definitly do not like this cooldown for mating. and makes me wonder if i even should use it on dinos that i am breeding now or want to breed...  Cryo's should be rewarding not making it harder for the user.

2 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Ok yust found out when out of cryo dinos have cooldown (18h + on rex ) on breeding like changing server , this means i need to plan and take out dinos before i breed. I definitly do not like this cooldown for mating. and makes me wonder if i even should use it on dinos that i am breeding now or want to breed...  Cryo's should be rewarding not making it harder for the user.

Yeah, breed CD really sucks, I mate with 300 dino's every 2 days but can't put them in cryo fridge between mating due to the mate cooldown..

13 hours ago, Lucian said:

Cryosickness prevents some really nasty PVP scenarios. I think it's a good step that it was considered and implemented in such a way that you can get your dinos out, but prevent the pvp spam that would have happened.

It does require a bit of planning on what you want to use if you cryoed everything. 

Cryosickness balances things out so people can't just make everything all of a sudden appear and raids someone

8 minutes ago, JuicyPineappl3 said:

Cryosickness balances things out so people can't just make everything all of a sudden appear and raids someone

atm made my rex unconscios by releasing it twice and that timer even is to long, 5 min passed already on the sickness and it is still 50% of it. Maybe balans for pvp raids but definitly it is to long since they alrady get more damage.  btw i am not on a pvp server so as a pve point of view is see negative aspects aswel.

imagine any 'tribe' that has a crapload of frozen dinos they move to a new server and pop all those pods boom server cap reached .... and their old server is still capped due to the same tribe doing something similar already its insanely faster now for tribes to cap and dominate any server if they want / can.

on PvE i am reluctant to use these pods atmo .. i have no reason to freeze any of my dinos i need the eggs for kibble and use quite a few of the others, by freezing my own dinos i free up slots for other tribes to fill and considering most PvE servers are now parking lots for breeders / sellers its a prime time for them to shift dinos over to non capped servers - some say 'but they will use the freezer to reduce the feed times' nope they wont it takes bugger all time to farm berries / meat to feed, why waste time on servers they dont play on let alone care about.

PvP is a totally different ball game the sickness bug is required to avoid the as said nasty encounters which would happen....

1 hour ago, Duffmek said:

imagine any 'tribe' that has a crapload of frozen dinos they move to a new server and pop all those pods boom server cap reached .... and their old server is still capped due to the same tribe doing something similar already its insanely faster now for tribes to cap and dominate any server if they want / can.

on PvE i am reluctant to use these pods atmo .. i have no reason to freeze any of my dinos i need the eggs for kibble and use quite a few of the others, by freezing my own dinos i free up slots for other tribes to fill and considering most PvE servers are now parking lots for breeders / sellers its a prime time for them to shift dinos over to non capped servers - some say 'but they will use the freezer to reduce the feed times' nope they wont it takes bugger all time to farm berries / meat to feed, why waste time on servers they dont play on let alone care about.

PvP is a totally different ball game the sickness bug is required to avoid the as said nasty encounters which would happen....

But you do have a reason. The cryoed dinos get an XP bonus while frozen.  

On 11/14/2018 at 10:03 AM, Avaraxius said:

With the new kibble system hopefully people understand you don't need every dino anymore.  I'd say 2 pairs of each level for the special kibbles would be the best but we are not restricted as players to 1 pair per each kibble unit, which it should be if I am honest, with an allowance on Rex's up to 60 per tribe since you need those for most boss fights.  Theri could be in that list also since people want to use those, 60/rex/60/theri 120 + 8(kibble Eggers for imprinting) = 128 per tribe, with an additional 72 or so to make it an even 200 per tribe.

72 slots free per tribe to get whatever they want, problem are the people who just breed to breed no matter the level and not to progress perfect stats for fights or to get that ultimate breed. 

I was breeding to learn, but was at least trying to get good stats on rexes, then i got a ptera and wanted to xfer the black wings i had before they became popular, now i don't got to do that.  So giving colors is good, even if certain people hate it, it eliminates the need to breed countless dinos to get mutations, it was necessary.

Its called Augmented Kibble if you didn't hear.

it is not only breeding, yes you have kibble 'farms'. cryo helps putting the server tame cap down but what ar you  going to do with the new players joining each day that tame them selves 20 dodos or jerboas because they are cute... and so an. atm im feeling bit stupid since i cryo'd my dinos.

I see  a lot of new players even new  'big' tribes and when you fly in you can see dinos before the buildings render. Me putting my dinos in freeze did not help anything probably wil kill my possibility to tame and breed in a few weeks only positive things is i can go on vacation without thinking about feeding my dinos... Thinking now i do not think the cryo wil be resolving anything big time since there is still tek needed to make the pods and freezers...  cryo-pods should be removed from tek replicator needed to craft.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:23 AM, Avaraxius said:

I'm going to put some myths to bed right now:

You wont be able to breed the females straight out of cryo anyway, since their breeding timer is reset as it would be when downloading from obi.

Cryofridge CAN be powered by regular gas gen.

Cap will always be an issue as time goes on if players use cryo or not. The community will soon adapt to better playing practice through cryo usage.

Cryopods last 30 days in inventory, 60 days in regular fridge and unlimited in cryofridge. If you cannot reach lvl 88 within 1 month and complete easy brood/monkey for element/replicator engram you are doing something terribly wrong.

Cryopods are ridiculously cheap to make, a few are also rewarded when completing all tiers of orbital drops if you spend some time on extinction.

Archived