Please increase the amount of Creatures in the Sunken Forest!

Vara

Hello Guys,

I don't know if it's a Server-wide problem but on Official Server 443 we have after the insane Beaver nerf nearly nothing there(no Areas blocked with Foundations). Top left corner from 10-50 lat and 10-50 lon there is only a small amount of Creatures if you compare to other Biomes it's empty. Please increase the amount/spawns it would be nice to meet some Spinos at the River and Rexes in the Woods.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know now that it is a Server-wide-problem(Offical/Private/Singleplayer) People have the same problems to get Meat or Tame Creatures in the Sunken Forest. Since the Beaver "Extinction" they are Rare now like every other Creature down here. We can't even get Meat to feed our Carnivores, we have to travel to other Biomes or to the City to get Meat. The creature spawns in the Sunken Forest are terrible since Extinction start. The only good thing in the Empty Forest is that you can farm Stone/Wood/Thatch with any trouble because you don't have to worry about anything. I am very disappointed at the moment and i am not alone with this opinion. I think it would be easy for you Wildcard to fix this and i hope this will happen soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch 287.100

-Dino spawn fixes

Where? The Sunken Forest is still empty

"Extinction was released on November 6th for PC" it's November 28th atm and the Sunken Forest is still empty.

10 hours ago, Vara said:

Hello Guys,

I don't know if it's a Server-wide problem but on Official Server 443 we have after the insane Beaver nerf nearly nothing there(no Areas blocked with Foundations). Top left corner from 10-50 lat and 10-50 lon there is only a small amount of Creatures if you compare to other Biomes it's empty. Please increase the amount/spawns it would be nice to meet some Spinos at the River and Rexes in the Woods.

we had a similar problem. my tribe started there and caravanned to sanctuary. we didnt see a single creature the entire way out of the forest (a few at the bottom) even after the bug fix for the beavers. 

The game made up for it once we got outside, with corrupt reaper kings and a mosh pit of other animals. so really, it was kind of nice while it lasted :)

7 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

we had a similar problem. my tribe started there and caravanned to sanctuary. we didnt see a single creature the entire way out of the forest (a few at the bottom) even after the bug fix for the beavers. 

The game made up for it once we got outside, with corrupt reaper kings and a mosh pit of other animals. so really, it was kind of nice while it lasted :)

You are absolutely right once you are outside of the  Sunken Forest you encounter a horde of Creatures : /

Considering there are corrupted Reapers and Rock Drakes, it is super disappointing to see nothing from Aberration in the Sunken Forest. Sure there's plenty of nice base spots, but what's the point if I can't level up new tames once I bring them down there? Where are the karkinos smashing in the rivers, or packs of ravengers chasing roll rats? None of the creatures even have any glow, unless you could count the gachas. I get that the lore of the Aberration station doesn't necessarily apply to this extinct earth, but when you have creatures specific to the snow and desert biome it would make sense to have the aberrant creatures in the (aberrant-looking) forest underground biome, right? ??

51 minutes ago, QueenCorgi said:

Considering there are corrupted Reapers and Rock Drakes, it is super disappointing to see nothing from Aberration in the Sunken Forest. Sure there's plenty of nice base spots, but what's the point if I can't level up new tames once I bring them down there? Where are the karkinos smashing in the rivers, or packs of ravengers chasing roll rats? None of the creatures even have any glow, unless you could count the gachas. I get that the lore of the Aberration station doesn't necessarily apply to this extinct earth, but when you have creatures specific to the snow and desert biome it would make sense to have the aberrant creatures in the (aberrant-looking) forest underground biome, right? ??

I am thoroughly disappointed by this too. This was supposed to be the amalgam of all previous arks where everything is unlocked and you can apply all you've learned throughout your progression on the ARKs.
There's creatures from all over the place, so where's Aberration at? Where are the light pets? How are we supposed to battle the reapers?
Oh wait... the mechanics suddenly changed. Just look at the Megalosaurus. On Aberration, they were awake 100% of the time because it's dark. On Extinction, they're awake in the evening hours, regardless the sun being up 100% of the time.

I was giddy about getting another map with the Rock Drakes, Reapers, Karkinos and Wyverns. Some of my fav creatures that I wanted to get more time with. Instead, we got "blessed" with a stiff owl, a wannabe-drake and a cardboard mek.

Where's the diversity? Where's the use for all the engram points we spent on Aberration/Underwater items?

More generally: where's the content?? (but that's for another thread)

Dito. It's so barren down there. No chance for breeding and raising lot of babies in the sunken forrest , as you will not find enough meat to raise them.
Maybe on SP with zero competition, but there are a lot of players and bases down there but nearly no creatures.

Maybe the spawns are still bugged or lower as intended?

On 11/14/2018 at 5:31 AM, meza said:

I am thoroughly disappointed by this too. This was supposed to be the amalgam of all previous arks where everything is unlocked and you can apply all you've learned throughout your progression on the ARKs.
There's creatures from all over the place, so where's Aberration at? Where are the light pets? How are we supposed to battle the reapers?
Oh wait... the mechanics suddenly changed. Just look at the Megalosaurus. On Aberration, they were awake 100% of the time because it's dark. On Extinction, they're awake in the evening hours, regardless the sun being up 100% of the time.

I was giddy about getting another map with the Rock Drakes, Reapers, Karkinos and Wyverns. Some of my fav creatures that I wanted to get more time with. Instead, we got "blessed" with a stiff owl, a wannabe-drake and a cardboard mek.

Where's the diversity? Where's the use for all the engram points we spent on Aberration/Underwater items?

More generally: where's the content?? (but that's for another thread)

but

"ARK: Extinction is going to challenge and delight you in all sorts of new ways!"

30 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

Opinions on what I should put on the cave forest spawners?  Featherlights?  Argys?  The occasional reaper queen? Titano?  Diplo?  Bronto?  Giga?

There are already diplos, therizinos, dilos, beavers, trikes, paras, Gachas, raptors and so on that can spawn down there, it's just that the spawn rates are wayyyyy too low.    Flying around last night looking for meat, I found 2 raptors, 4 dilos and two trikes...through like 50% of the forest area.    

1 hour ago, Migol said:

There are already diplos, therizinos, dilos, beavers, trikes, paras, Gachas, raptors and so on that can spawn down there, it's just that the spawn rates are wayyyyy too low.    Flying around last night looking for meat, I found 2 raptors, 4 dilos and two trikes...through like 50% of the forest area.    

Found 3 rare Carnos in the Sunken Forest since the Beaver spawn hotfix! The spawns are just a joke!

Archived