Please increase the amount of Creatures in the Sunken Forest!

Vara

6 hours ago, Migol said:

There are already diplos, therizinos, dilos, beavers, trikes, paras, Gachas, raptors and so on that can spawn down there, it's just that the spawn rates are wayyyyy too low.    Flying around last night looking for meat, I found 2 raptors, 4 dilos and two trikes...through like 50% of the forest area.    

Kind of the point.  I know there is already a set of dinos assigned to the spawner, but the rates are so low, they might as well not even be there.

48 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

Kind of the point.  I know there is already a set of dinos assigned to the spawner, but the rates are so low, they might as well not even be there.

Would be nice if they add some big Carnivores like Spinos, Rexes, Gigas for the Forest. We can only tame Raptors and Carnos(found 3 Carnos since Map start) atm in the Sunken Forest. Found 2 Corrupted Reaper Kings aswell.

3 hours ago, Vara said:

Would be nice if they add some big Carnivores like Spinos, Rexes, Gigas for the Forest. We can only tame Raptors and Carnos(found 3 Carnos since Map start) atm in the Sunken Forest. Found 2 Corrupted Reaper Kings aswell.

If they have Reaper kings, they should at least have queens running around.   I think that at the very least, I'm going to add some featherlights.  They're so damn pretty.  And maybe the sickeningly cute goats.

Can confirm the entrance area top "floor near water fall across the ridge and around any of the bends, completely empty of dinos.

I got so upset cause i wanted to build another location since i have to if i want the other tames, (no cryo for me.) I left the game and just watched youtube videos, which sadly was a little more enjoyable.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:04 PM, TR-8R said:

After the beaver over spawn was dealt with , there is no beaver at all .

Just like what WC want , there will be no problem if it doesn't exist .

On the server I play on, there are plenty of beavers. There is also plenty of Gacha's and more annoyingly those pesky raptors.

Now I will say I feel there could be a tad more down there, I think it might be the age old case everyone farming meat, is going to affect the spawns.

But it the last 8 hours I played today, I tamed 15 Gacha's, and passed on about 50 more as they where way to low.

... well on my server i ran 80% of the forest and even did some swan dives off the highest point on that map before exiting into "forbidden zone."  In an attempt to survive the fall by landing in water, it's a nope. DREDD2012 SPOILERS (makes me think of the fall from Judge Dredd, when the enemy gets flung off the side.)  It was a nice long fall.

I'll try again tomorrow and if i can setup a recorder i will post a video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 4:25 PM, Raina said:

Dunno why it's so bad for you. Mine has tons of creatures. Go murder some beavers it let's other stuff spawn. (Seriously there are like seven or eight gachas. Tons of dilo, parasaurs, turtles, tickle chickens, troodons, ect.)

Not everyone's server acts the same way, regardless if the rates are the same.  Mine are normal and the Sunken Forest is barren. I don't even bother with the region anymore because of it. And those tons of dilos and paras and ect. are still small/beginner creatures. They don't help it to look populated down there when the area replicates the Fertile Regions of Aberration which is chock full of a vast variety of creatures.

The fact is: Many people are experiencing an empty forest, both on official and unoffical servers. It is a problem that needs to be addressed in some form due to the many responses about it. Just because you and Mimi have the exception doesn't mean those of us aren't allowed to voice our concern over this.

6 hours ago, QueenCorgi said:

Not everyone's server acts the same way, regardless if the rates are the same.  Mine are normal and the Sunken Forest is barren. I don't even bother with the region anymore because of it. And those tons of dilos and paras and ect. are still small/beginner creatures. They don't help it to look populated down there when the area replicates the Fertile Regions of Aberration which is chock full of a vast variety of creatures.

The fact is: Many people are experiencing an empty forest, both on official and unoffical servers. It is a problem that needs to be addressed in some form due to the many responses about it. Just because you and Mimi have the exception doesn't mean those of us aren't allowed to voice our concern over this.

I can't say I am finding it barren down there, there are plenty of Dinos.

However, if you have 4 tribes down there doing meat runs. Then yeah, it is going to be Barren.

In my specific case, my server is just my boyfriend and I. We definitely don't do meat runs down there, but I can understand if official server tribes are to blame, however most official servers are usually full of people so I imagine those who have issues with this are on their own personal servers or single player. 

5 minutes ago, QueenCorgi said:

In my specific case, my server is just my boyfriend and I. We definitely don't do meat runs down there, but I can understand if official server tribes are to blame, however most official servers are usually full of people so I imagine those who have issues with this are on their own personal servers or single player. 

Don't see any issue with the amount on my personal dedicated server or the personal dedicated server I mainly play on, or even my Single Player game either.

But I can see where you're coming from as Dino's on Single Player don't spawn in as often unless you fly around the area a lot.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:43 PM, QueenCorgi said:

Never did said you couldn't voice concerns. Only that it was odd and that I didn't know why you where having issues. I play on two different servers and neither have that issue. Maybe I'm lucky. But I still suggest trying to wipe out some beavers because their spawn rate still seems high and it let's other stuff spawn. From beginner dillos/dodos to carnos/theri and everything in between. It just doesn't have any of the huge angry creatures like aberration does. 

It's more like an underground redwood forest than it is aberration. But honestly it makes sense. It's not polluted in the same way that aberration is. No reason for it to be a death buffet. That's entirely an opinion, i know, but that's how I personally view the area.

1 hour ago, omfgitsbutter said:

I have also been hoping for this, you can fly for miles and only see 1-6 creatures.  I dont know if they made the spawn so small to keep from too many gacha's spawning since they dont like being close to each other? No idea, still a pain

On Single Player this is an issue on every map, as Dino's don't spawn unless there is a player nearby. The same goes for Dino regeneration, you kill everything and don't go back there it will be empty till you fly or even visit the area a couple of times.

Archived