Veins destroying bases on corrupted zone on PVE

Guest chancho33015

Guest chancho33015

One of the latest bugs or at least considered a bug was that the element veins would destroy people's bases on the corrupted zone. However, i think that is not a bad idea. First, that would be the perfect way to clean the map of pillaring un certain zones that people shouldn't construct. Like the special drops on the corrupted area. That could server as a self cleaning mechanism on the corrupted zone. 

Another interesting things is how people are still pillaring entire zones and in some cases even blocking spawns by putting thatch or stone foundations with a pillar in the middle as if we still needed a big space to keep all our dinos. I mean, we have cryo fridges...right? o.O (on pve...pvp is not my territory to talk).

I do believe that one of the biggest mistakes Wild Card made was not allowing extinction to be transferable from the start. I mean, at this point there is no reason why we waste hundred of hours on breeding to not being able to bring them here when we have the resources on our other server to make cryo fridges and cryo pods. I already have all my dinos in my other servers on cryo pods in my cryo fridges and the result is outstanding!

I know the want to let new people to experience this servers but i believe old players shouldn't be bound by new players as if they were a ball and chain.

Makes sense that new players start on the previews maps and work their way up Extinction... that would keep servers  with less people trying to cramp into one server all the time in extinction. 

NEw characters should required beating at least all previews bosses on easy to move to Extinction and Ragnarok as a requierement. 

This is a good idea DragonPunk servers use! I think that helps with the server over-population.

What are your thoughts? Should wildcard leave the Element Vains on the corrupted zone as also a clean up crew?  

Guest chancho33015

true true, i agree! People shouldn't expect to build on corrupted zone for more than a moment. I dont understand how isnt that they were expecting to build bases there. NOw we have to farm element the hard way, that is a huge disappointment! 

Not to mention how there are physical holes in the map that people can just walk under the map....this is a big embarrasment! I am proud of them on making the release for the first time on the deadline but this many issues....is something special. 

There are corrupted dinos in sanctuary every day, I think they do enough cleanup work. Had three wyverns while I was online.

I'm happy transfers aren't open and I hope it will stay like this for a long time. When ragnarok was released everybody brought pillars and transmitters and the server was pillared within days. With no transfers, everyone has a chance to find a base spot. Also it's a lot more fun to actually be vulnerable to the environment. 

• Volunteer Moderator

The base destruction bug wasn't just destroying bases in the corrupted zones though. The corrupted zone, which is basically the wasteland I believe is subject to corrupted dinos that can destroy metal/tek and also meteors which I believe will damage/destroy structures. So there's quite a bit of clean up already, although meteors are temporarily disabled along with veins.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, GP said:

meteors which I believe will damage/destroy structures.

I saw some hitting our roof and there was no damage to it. Was stone, so maybe it will damage wood, adobe and thatch. However, it did instantly kill a Theriz with 17k health. ?

Archived