Cryopods don't collect eggs :(

Caerbannog

During the fundraiser cryopod video, one of the devs had offhandedly implied that we could get eggs from our icecubed dinos. I'm not holding anything against him--he was super tired at that point, but it sounded amazing.

I was very excited and was planning to icecube practically my whole base on a few tame capped servesrs.  Unfortunately it seems that the cryopods don't collect eggs.

Is it possible we could get that functionality? I would literally cube almost every dino if I could and so would a lot of big pve tribes. I really want to work with you guys. I know it's a lot to ask, but kibble farms can be 200-300 dinos themselves.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

During the fundraiser cryopod video, one of the devs had offhandedly implied that we could get eggs from our icecubed dinos. I'm not holding anything against him--he was super tired at that point, but it sounded amazing.

I was very excited and was planning to icecube practically my whole base on a few tame capped servesrs.  Unfortunately it seems that the cryopods don't collect eggs.

Is it possible we could get that functionality? I would literally cube almost every dino if I could and so would a lot of big pve tribes. I really want to work with you guys. I know it's a lot to ask, but kibble farms can be 200-300 dinos themselves.

Thanks!

I just think people misinterpreted what he was saying. I think he meant like you can store them until you need eggs, and at that point you can release them to produce eggs. then when you're done put them back in. 

1 hour ago, Zuesneith said:

I just think people misinterpreted what he was saying. I think he meant like you can store them until you need eggs, and at that point you can release them to produce eggs. then when you're done put them back in. 

That will ensure that people don't store their dinos, as normally youd have the dinos laying constantly over a long period of time until you need them. If you want to tame a certain creature, you dont want to wait for 30+ eggs.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

That will ensure that people don't store their dinos, as normally youd have the dinos laying constantly over a long period of time until you need them. If you want to tame a certain creature, you dont want to wait for 30+ eggs.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying what they meant. How it was said is where the confusion is coming from.  

When did a pve'er ever have overstocks of eggs? ?

The other issue with the cryopods is that pulling a female out puts it on breeding CD, so now I also have to calculate around that, too.

It's these inconveniences that will make the big tribes like me not bother to store mass dinos. If I have to uncube, re-line up all my eggers, and then cube then again a few days later, I'm not going to. I'll just feed once a week. And that sucks.

If I have to add a two day pre-plan buffer to my breeding, I'll just leave all those ladies out.

And it sucks. I really want to use these. I really want to love them and bank 500 dinos, but I won't for these two glaring issues, and that didn't feel good.

I hope some sort of compromise can be reached, I really do.

34 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

When did a pve'er ever have overstocks of eggs? ?

The other issue with the cryopods is that pulling a female out puts it on breeding CD, so now I also have to calculate around that, too.

It's these inconveniences that will make the big tribes like me not bother to store mass dinos. If I have to uncube, re-line up all my eggers, and then cube then again a few days later, I'm not going to. I'll just feed once a week. And that sucks.

If I have to add a two day pre-plan buffer to my breeding, I'll just leave all those ladies out.

And it sucks. I really want to use these. I really want to love them and bank 500 dinos, but I won't for these two glaring issues, and that didn't feel good.

I hope some sort of compromise can be reached, I really do.

Well I hope you are happy playing at tame cap then cause those "inconveniences" were part of the solution. 

9 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

For egg-collection you can set Gachas on wander. They collect poop and eggs and WON'T eat them. :) Not as good as the thing you thought about, but finally we have a creature to help us with collecting these things.

Isn't that bugged? I heard they don't collect eggs atm, but they collect poop - and eat it.

Archived