Enforcer Blueprints bug or design?

ramflax92

So i have been testing things with the enforcer and i love what it could be. But I have ran into oddities that seem to make things less than appealing. To start with i found a level 32 enforcer primitive blueprint on one of my kills. Cool i get a level 32 with the cost of a level 1. I get him all the way to level 60 then he dies to a pack of raptors, no big deal I will just rebuild him but now hes a Journeyman blueprint with much higher cost. It says on the blueprint that he is still only level 32 though, so I build it and the Enforcer i get has the exact same stats as the primitive version but had the prices of a Journeyman. The same thing happens with enforcers that start at level 1 from the terminal.

I kind of thought the Enforcer would be an endless progression creature where it would just eventually get too expensive to ever rebuild it if it died. For example you build a level 1 Enforcer get him to 60. It dies, then when you get the blueprint off the corpse it will be a level 60, with higher costs in rebuilding it but allows you to start leveling him again. The blueprints increasing cost seems to be factoring in the stats you put into the creature while it was leveling into the new blueprint. So it would just need to actually have those stats.

TL;DR as of right now rebuilding an enforcer is highway robbery its stacking costs with no benefits. Possible improvement would be allow for endless recreation and leveling till the point it can no longer be built due to extreme costs.

10 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You can kill one in the wild to get its blueprint, so go out there and find a high level, youll get a 150 in no time!

That is not the problem, the problem is I find that 150. Lets say i get to 200 before it dies, when i get the blueprint from its corpse it will now cost more because of the level ups I put into it but once built it will be the 150 again. The blueprint will cost more on rebuilding it but give no benefits.

Just now, ramflax92 said:

That is not the problem, the problem is I find that 150. Lets say i get to 200 before it dies, when i get the blueprint from its corpse it will now cost more because of the level ups I put into it but once built it will be the 150 again. The blueprint will cost more on rebuilding it but give no benefits.

Ah. Maybe it shouldn't cost more but i disagree that it should give you any higher level than a 150. That could be very easily exploitable.

Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

Ah. Maybe it shouldn't cost more but i disagree that it should give you any higher level than a 150. That could be very easily exploitable.

Yes i would be okay with it not costing more and just having a rebuild-able robot, if the costs becomes exponential a higher and higher robot would become increasingly harder to build and maintain its not like they are super strong.

33 minutes ago, ramflax92 said:

Yes i would be okay with it not costing more and just having a rebuild-able robot, if the costs becomes exponential a higher and higher robot would become increasingly harder to build and maintain its not like they are super strong.

You should probably treat it like any other dino and make sure it lives...

13 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Did you notice most high level scout blueprints have lower stats than a level 1 city terminal crafted scout?

I have! Its a bit weird, killing a lv 125 scout dropped a primitive bp with weaker than normal stats. I think the bug is that you only get primitive... 

That said I feel the base scout is still quite good at what it does. But it would always be nice if it could be better!

Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

I have! Its a bit weird, killing a lv 125 scout dropped a primitive bp with weaker than normal stats. I think the bug is that you only get primitive... 

That said I feel the base scout is still quite good at what it does. But it would always be nice if it could be better!

I really wanted a higher quality one but even 135 level ones always have worse stats and they cost a ton more.  It was driving me crazy too because nobody is talking about it.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:58 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

You can kill one in the wild to get its blueprint, so go out there and find a high level, youll get a 150 in no time!

The 150's are expensive to craft and still suck. Something is very wrong with the way the numbers are calculated. What is the point of the crafting bonus? Is this in exchange for taming effectiveness and if so then you can only hope for 50%? I have been trying to calculate the stat values of the enforcers from base and I can not get any of the numbers they end up with. The health stat seems to be way off from where it should be.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:05 PM, RipRavage said:

I really wanted a higher quality one but even 135 level ones always have worse stats and they cost a ton more.  It was driving me crazy too because nobody is talking about it.

I've only been able to grab low level Scout blueprints, so I figured it normalizes at around level 100 and then improves further. Sad to hear this isn't the case.
No one's talking about it because Scouts are honestly such a pain to acquire. Not only are the blueprints worse than the standard Scout you can craft at a terminal, but you can't spyglass their level to make sure they're worthwhile, and they're incredibly frustrating to hit with their tiny hitboxes and erratic movement patterns.

I've dropped about eight last night and I can't believe how much ammo and time it took to actually do so, all for horrendous BPs and no higher than a 55... 

1 hour ago, Akherousia said:

I've only been able to grab low level Scout blueprints, so I figured it normalizes at around level 100 and then improves further. Sad to hear this isn't the case.
No one's talking about it because Scouts are honestly such a pain to acquire. Not only are the blueprints worse than the standard Scout you can craft at a terminal, but you can't spyglass their level to make sure they're worthwhile, and they're incredibly frustrating to hit with their tiny hitboxes and erratic movement patterns.

I've dropped about eight last night and I can't believe how much ammo and time it took to actually do so, all for horrendous BPs and no higher than a 55... 

I’ve found a level 150 and every stat other than energy gained from dust was lower than a terminal scouts.  The price for crafting it was astronomical.

21 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I’ve found a level 150 and every stat other than energy gained from dust was lower than a terminal scouts.  The price for crafting it was astronomical.

Thanks for confirming that it's a waste of time to try and get a better one.
Was it still a primitive? I'm wondering if perhaps this has an incoming patch which will fix the scaling of the blueprints and their respective stats.

6 minutes ago, Akherousia said:

Thanks for confirming that it's a waste of time to try and get a better one.
Was it still a primitive? I'm wondering if perhaps this has an incoming patch which will fix the scaling of the blueprints and their respective stats.

Yes it said primitive, but I’m not sure if that is what is causing the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Ill try and bring this back slightly on topic - Enforcers.

It took me possibly 200+ kills before I found a BP I was happy with. Dont get me wrong, I had found a 145 Asc BP but the stats were not that great for the cost.

My tribemate found an Asc 140 and grinded for a long old time to get the mats to build it. I went out and finally found a 135 Apprentice which when built (at a far cheaper cost like only 1700 dust compared to the 12k dust his was) came out with stats as good as or better than his... how can this be?

Can anyone tell me exactly where the difference is between his and mine? Will his level up higher? His starting percentages were very similar to mine and when built the stats were pretty much identical... so what is the point of the different tier enforcer BPs?

I'll be honest.  When I'm hunting BPs for enforcers, I only look for weight and stamina.  I only really use them as pack mules.  They need a natural damage reduction for all dinos of say, 20% that's additive for corrupted.  This would give them 100% imprint reaper levels of reduction for corrupted, solidifying their use in OSD events, and make them VIABLE (not great) for a mount to do general things against any other dinos.  They'd be roughly equivalent to a carno wearing primitive in combat at that point.  I want to do some testing with BPs to see if the % values scale with BP level, or if the % value is just a hard number to correlate to that stat.  (I.E.. Does a 150% weight 130 have the same weight stat as a 150% weight 150 enforcer at build?)  Even post-update, they're still pretty lack-luster, which is sad.  They do make great pack mules, though.  Solid weight capacity, stamina that lasts a long time, ability to climb/teleport, no fall damage, and great base movement speed.  (Movement speed gains are doo-doo-buckets, though.)

34 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I'll be honest.  When I'm hunting BPs for enforcers, I only look for weight and stamina.  I only really use them as pack mules.  They need a natural damage reduction for all dinos of say, 20% that's additive for corrupted.  This would give them 100% imprint reaper levels of reduction for corrupted, solidifying their use in OSD events, and make them VIABLE (not great) for a mount to do general things against any other dinos.  They'd be roughly equivalent to a carno wearing primitive in combat at that point.  I want to do some testing with BPs to see if the % values scale with BP level, or if the % value is just a hard number to correlate to that stat.  (I.E.. Does a 150% weight 130 have the same weight stat as a 150% weight 150 enforcer at build?)  Even post-update, they're still pretty lack-luster, which is sad.  They do make great pack mules, though.  Solid weight capacity, stamina that lasts a long time, ability to climb/teleport, no fall damage, and great base movement speed.  (Movement speed gains are doo-doo-buckets, though.)

Ive been working through this recently. I actually like the enforcers as they deal 4x damage to corrupted and take 60% less damage from them so they shred them with ease including holding their own against the 300+s.

Also the teleport use makes them a very good scout/mount for exploring as you just 'poof' away and nothing can keep up. Easy to get up mountain sides as they climb too, and again can teleport through and up the terrain. Overall, they are decent mounts, not just mules, especially in the wasteland with the damage mulitplier to corrupted.

The percentage seems to scale so if you have a level 135 bp with 90% damage, its 90% of the base damage of a 135 Enforcer. I havent fully tested it, but it seems that way or why bother with a 150 asc BP when you can get a 100 apprentice BP with the same 90% MD. 

28 minutes ago, Anarki said:

The percentage seems to scale so if you have a level 135 bp with 90% damage, its 90% of the base damage of a 135 Enforcer. I havent fully tested it, but it seems that way or why bother with a 150 asc BP when you can get a 100 apprentice BP with the same 90% MD. 

That's not how stats work in ARK, though.  Each creature has a base damage (100% damage).  Enforcers are no different.  An example:  Rexes base damage is 62.  A level 1 rex will deal 62 damage.  A level 1000000 rex with 100% melee damage will deal 62 damage.  The question is how the %'s show on BPs actually correlate to the build stats based on initial level.  Enforcers have 32 base damage.  It's not possible to get one with less than 100% melee, so even the blueprints that show "Melee:  30%" aren't 30% of their base melee.

• 4 weeks later...

Enforcers need a rework period. They were obsolete way too fast and now with transfers opening up, they are definitely obsolete. Not to mention, against corrupted they were way too weak. No saddle, no armor, no crafting bonus. Bps are single use until death then costs more to make. Decent lvl enforcers are too rare to find and even high lvl enforcers stats vary to much so good luck finding a decent one for low lvl drops and veins and even then you have to have an owl to heal you after every wave. It's sad that such a fun mount from the future is both unusable and weaker than using most Dino's on a map that allows giga's to be used on everything. Since they can only kill corrupted they are only expensive ornaments on any other map. 

Archived