PLEASE HELP Cryo-pod and New fridge “?”

ZombiePlague

Okay my question is will tames still be able to lay eggs while inside the cryo-pod and or cryo-fridge. I know that the devs mentioned that this was done to help with server lag and tame limit. 

It even said during the “Ark Event EXTRA LIFE” seen here on this video at 9:20 

“they even said you won’t have to have them out and still get eggs”

So has any one tested this yet and have proof that it works??? Will you still get eggs for kibble when a tame is inside a cryo-pod in a cryo-fridge???

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, ZombiePlague said:

Okay my question is will tames still be able to lay eggs while inside the cryo-pod and or cryo-fridge. I know that the devs mentioned that this was done to help with server lag and tame limit. 

It even said during the “Ark Event EXTRA LIFE” seen here on this video at 9:20 

“they even said you won’t have to have them out and still get eggs”

So has any one tested this yet and have proof that it works??? Will you still get eggs for kibble when a tame is inside a cryo-pod in a cryo-fridge???

I think you are misunderstanding what was said during the live stream.

He was saying that the cryopods/fridge give you the ability to keep all of your excess dinos without having them out all the time which means that you can still gets your eggs for kibbles as you don't need to kill any dinos off to make room for more.

For example if you had 500 dinos and there's no room for any more and you wanted new dinos but didn't want to kill off any old ones because you need them for eggs/kibble, you can store some of the old ones and when you need more eggs for kibble you still have them to pull out into the world to get eggs. Of course this will be dependant on server cap and all that, but I'm pretty sure what was said in the stream was not meant in the way you were thinking.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, BertNoobians said:

i noticed that basilo still produces oil when in a cryopod. tuso probably as well then.

should be tested with the snail. they might still produce cp in cryo.

That's interesting, although Snail only holds max 100 paste so not as useful.

2 hours ago, GP said:

I think you are misunderstanding what was said during the live stream.

He was saying that the cryopods/fridge give you the ability to keep all of your excess dinos without having them out all the time which means that you can still gets your eggs for kibbles as you don't need to kill any dinos off to make room for more.

For example if you had 500 dinos and there's no room for any more and you wanted new dinos but didn't want to kill off any old ones because you need them for eggs/kibble, you can store some of the old ones and when you need more eggs for kibble you still have them to pull out into the world to get eggs. Of course this will be dependant on server cap and all that, but I'm pretty sure what was said in the stream was not meant in the way you were thinking.

i see!

so he might be talking for example if i have enough dilo eggs for now, i can simply store them for when needed later instead of killing them off and retaming.

That can actually be useful for hard egg dinos like dimetrodons when you get a stack of eggs or so.

They said that the design of these was to help with server lag. Making them able to hold kibble farm dinos and allow us to still get eggs. That would drastically cut down on a tribes tames and size of the base they build. I mean all those tames we all need for kibble but no one ever rides or takes out of base are the perfect Dino for the cryo fridges. 

If you were able to take every kibble farms and the structures to house that farm away and replace it all with just 1-2 cryo fridges the amount of server lag would prolly seriously drop

so for now I have my fro gets crossed ??

This does not seem to be the case but it would be a great idea. Even if it was another Tek device that had to be installed within range of the Cryofridges that could harvest Eggs, oil, paste, organic poly, etc... from the Cryoed dinos I would be happy with that. I am still disappointed though that the fridge needs a Tek Gen to operate which requires element. They need to make regular element transferable across arks. I would also like to see engrams being unlocked account wide so I could have a different character on each map feeding the others so I do not have to lose another while transferring from one ark to another.

So from what i read here... The cryo fridge isnt going to be used for the hundreds of egg layers because we still need them for eggs... But instead our boss fight dinos because the plan they envisioned is quite opposite of what players in reality need them for... Good job devs... You missed the mark by th---------------------------at much.

32 minutes ago, brenon45 said:

So from what i read here... The cryo fridge isnt going to be used for the hundreds of egg layers because we still need them for eggs... But instead our boss fight dinos because the plan they envisioned is quite opposite of what players in reality need them for... Good job devs... You missed the mark by th---------------------------at much.

I think you're missing the mark lad, the point is while you may need dilo eggs in the future if you have a large number of them already then you can store the dilos til they are needed. No one needs all the eggs all the time, build up your stores of em then store the dinos too.

5 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

This does not seem to be the case but it would be a great idea. Even if it was another Tek device that had to be installed within range of the Cryofridges that could harvest Eggs, oil, paste, organic poly, etc... from the Cryoed dinos I would be happy with that. I am still disappointed though that the fridge needs a Tek Gen to operate which requires element. They need to make regular element transferable across arks. I would also like to see engrams being unlocked account wide so I could have a different character on each map feeding the others so I do not have to lose another while transferring from one ark to another.

doesn't need tek gen for power. just regular one.

Archived