extinctions story

Kodking194

I have figured out the extinction story. the homosapeins discovered element and built the city but then the king titan appeared and created the sub titans out of our elemental powers (dessert, ice forest) and attacked earth and succeeded. those of who ascended to homodues created those obelisk barriers. to keep the titans at bay but to fix earth they need to stop the king titan but I believe they were defeated by the corrupt creatures and the titans before they could beat him. they realised they need the sub titans to defeat the king titan. so they left earth and created the arks the island, scorched earth and aberration as the tests to determine who is worthy of returning to earth. they also act as seed to replenish earth once the source of the corrupt element (king titan). once defeated the arks descend back down to earth to fight and destroy the remaining corrupt element and its creatures. Helena ascended to homodues but I think she failed to stop the king titan. but when aberration goes back to earth it will most likely start corrupting earth again leading to a new dlc or game. tell me what you think and anything I might have left out. thx Kodking out 

15 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

I have figured out the extinction story. the homosapeins discovered element and built the city but then the king titan appeared and created the sub titans out of our elemental powers (dessert, ice forest) and attacked earth and succeeded. those of who ascended to homodues created those obelisk barriers. to keep the titans at bay but to fix earth they need to stop the king titan but I believe they were defeated by the corrupt creatures and the titans before they could beat him. they realised they need the sub titans to defeat the king titan. so they left earth and created the arks the island, scorched earth and aberration as the tests to determine who is worthy of returning to earth. they also act as seed to replenish earth once the source of the corrupt element (king titan). once defeated the arks descend back down to earth to fight and destroy the remaining corrupt element and its creatures. Helena ascended to homodues but I think she failed to stop the king titan. but when aberration goes back to earth it will most likely start corrupting earth again leading to a new dlc or game. tell me what you think and anything I might have left out. thx Kodking out 

Spoilers but I think Helena became the unit that is used to fuse meks into the mega Mek.

Well almost everyone knows the other half of the story but ok. The island is the first challenge you must over come but you know nothing of what it s actually going on. Once you are capable of acending you challenge the two cave and the overseer. Then you acsend to scorcher earth a much more tougher and harsh. With much less of the advanced resources like obsidian and pearls you must ration out what you have until you are a master of survival. Frankly story wise I think scorched earth is the test for the wasteland, how to survive and cope with its dire conditions. Once you are ready you challenge the tem cave (once put into the map). Next is abberation a broken ark. I think it was the challenge for the sunken forest dome that’s why there was the caves but when they busted and permenantly killed the overseer the ark malfunctions the sheild is destroyed exposing the surface. The malfunctioning arms created the reapers and nameless as a last line of defence to challenge the survived there now being no overseer to challenge it made a new challenge but without an overseer you can’t ascend so they are stuck there until... Rockwell infuses himself with element and the ark which in the equation means that they can now ascend to earth. When Helena and her friend defeated Rockwell that counted as defeating the overseer and they ascended to earth as the new fighters for earths freedom. So what do you think.

Interesting. I dont know if you have read much of the notes (based on some details, you have done) but Helena's notes shed a lot of light on theory. she speculates a lot but it is very interesting. Like the reapers and nameless appearing after their venture into the depth of aberration. 

The newest explorer notes fill in a lot of gaps including what the arks are for, how we came to earth and what happened to the other explorers

17 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

one thing I am trying to figure out is how aberrant creatures came to earth they were made by the malfunctioning ark so how did they get to earth if nothing could ascend to earth.

They were already on the Aberration ark including nameless and reapers before the bomb was set off that crippled it. Nameless and a few others are mentioned in the explorer notes prior to the bomb. All the bomb did was ruin the surface and kill the overseer, everything else there was by design. Im no lore master but thats what i remember from the notes.

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

Ok but still they were meant as the last challenge on abberation before the overseer so I don’t know how they would get to earth. I am brushing up on the abberation notes and I am also reading the exctinction notes

The arks came from humans/earth. So as did the genetics of everything present on them. They most likely were genetically engineered on earth to be sent off with that ark as guards much as you said. I would imagine most all work done with the Ark "project" was done on earth so there should be genetic samples of everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Like Santiago said the titans might be man made but I believe the king cake from space with possibly a few other titans and made the subtitans as his lackies to take out the earth. We do not know whether element is an alien ore or a rare

earth resource like uranium. I am betting the king titan used the element against the humans when he gained control of element he increased its production twn fold

I think we know that element came from space.  The explorer notes are not written carelessly, and so I have to think that the following 4 words from explorer note "The One Who Waits #14" were chosen on purpose:  "... impact, discovery, invention, and production." 

"Impact." 

Preceding "discovery." 

What did they mean by "impact?"  Element impacting Earth.  The sequence of those 4 words is not random, it is deliberate, and telling of chronological events in linear time.  An element-rich meteor slammed into Earth, mankind discovered element in the meteor, invented ways to use it, and then began production of technology to further civilization.  Not to mention, in the next explorer note "The One Who Waits #15", the phrases "interstellar pollen" and "invaders."  Interstellar, meaning extraplanetary?  And invader meaning a foreign material of non-Earth origin (again, extraplanetary).

Element is from space, delivered on a meteor.

Also, "homo deus."  Switch the 'u' and the 'e', and it is correct.

**Extreme spoilers** My ARK theories, very quickly done up (some things are not really theories, but observations): **Extreme spoilers**

-Element came to Earth in the form of a meteor, and soon was discovered to be a far superior material for many aspects of a technologically driven civilization.

-Mankind only saw the positive effects of element, and is responsible partially for the proliferation of element pollution.  Though it seems that element itself is also responsible, as the "violet poison" seems to be alive, and whispers/calls out with an innate ability to twist the mind of those susceptible (Rockwell).

-Element use polluted the air and ground with the power of element eventually resurrecting modified versions of prehistoric fossilized skeletons, hence dinosaurs/megafauna on Earth.

-To save Earth, the ARKs were created to preserve life and replenish a dying, barren planet upon their arrival after the Reseed Protocol has been initialized, as well as cleanse the element-pollution from the Earth.

-Humanity designed the Overseer to ensure that only the strongest survive the ARK, and ultimately ascend.

-All Overseers are not equal, though they were created by the same system.  This fact led to the creation of The One Who Waits, who is not Helena, but a higher-form of Overseer with more capability than its predecessors.

-The Overseer is not evil, but a checkpoint system, a control system, and infinite (undying) to a point.  Some of their energy is used up in running the ARKs, so they do have a life-span (of indeterminate length) but when we ascend and battle/defeat the Overseer, (though we defeat it) it does not "die" but rather reform and resume ARK control and operations.

-Just as dinosaurs exist on Earth, dinosaurs are created by the ARKs as an act of preparation for the ascending survivors (know the enemy, Sun Tzu and all).

-In the lore, it seems to me that this "preparation" was a moving target and the Overseers had worry that eventually they would not be preparing survivors enough.  Maybe that is why they created fantasy-type creatures to extend preparation past the historically recorded species:  The Overseers were created to understand the ingenuity of element and the King Titan when it comes to creating life-forms to dominate a planet.

-Chunks of our earth were lifted out of the ground after proto-ARK testing proved that Earth-technology could sustain 100% isolated atmospheres, as evidenced by the massive (some would say ARK-sized) hole in the ground to the west of the desert biome on Extinction.

-Just as the 3 ultimate life-forms exist on the Island ARK, the 3 titans exist on earth.  Servants/lieutenants of the big-boss (Overseer/King Titan).

-The introduction of more fantasy-based creatures may suggest more preparative steps for the survivor, seeing as how the King Titan is not based on an historically extinct species, but rather a unique life-form.  SE having only Manticore as the ultimate life-form, I cannot currently explain from having read the notes.

-Pre-explosion Aberration was element-rich...  Very rich.  The ground itself was heavily polluted with element, which suggests to me that the literal ground ripped out of the surface of the Earth had to be from a mega-city, or a site of centuries worth of element-based warfare, or something.

-The element-rich environment caused the survivors on that ARK to fight using element-based tech easier on Aberration, so the Overseer was defeated easily...  And then 'sploded and the observation deck/control console was obliterated.

-The radiation and malfunction of the ARK created the Aberration-specific fantasy creatures. 

-I do not think the Reapers and Nameless existed before the explosion.  There is no precedent for their existence before the explosion, otherwise it would have been listed in Diana's notes or Santiago/Kazuma would have Aberration notes about it (but neither of those two have Aberration notes). 

-Both creatures are mentioned in the grad-student notes (Trent is impregnated by a Reaper and Emilia is eaten by Nameless), but the timeline is unclear.  I believe they ascended to Aberration AFTER the explosion.

-The King Titan is borne of element itself, the physical manifestation of the "violet poison".  It did not travel and arrive here, rather, it was CREATED here from a wellspring of element once propagation and pollution had progressed enough to allow it to come forth.

-The King Titan would not allow us to cleanse the Earth, hence why we have to destroy him to complete the ARK cycle.

-Corrupted dinosaurs and megafauna can (possibly) be explained by the King Titan/element adapting to the strength of survivors, and creating stronger, more aggressive versions of the historically reconstructed extinct species.  Just pushing the envelope of creativity to get his win.

-Why are Reapers on Earth?  My leading theories: Because they are more intelligent than they should be and followed us here?  Because maybe the Gateway Project didn't end/power off once we activated the gateway and ascended to Earth from Aberration...  Or possibly, were sent by Rockwell as his agents?

The end.  I love the lore-side of the game, it is poignant, thought-provoking, and relevant to the modern world.  Much of the lore is unclear, but it might have been done this way on purpose.  I want to know more, I need more input.

@Jen @Jatheish @Chris @Jeremy Stieglitz

Archived