Solo orbital supply drop

Kaerio

i've done blue orbital supply drops as a 2 man group with the other guy on a velonasaur and me running arround with a sword. Drop had about 2/3 hp left after the fight. hardest thing the blue ones spawn are raptors and the painfully anoying pteras. should be able to solo it with a high lvl tamed velonasaur tho. mby with a rex or something to tank just to be safe. The element nodes are about the same difficulty. same kinds of dinos but way more. i doubt u'd be able to solo yellow/red orb drops unless u have a hella strong giga or something. we got swarmed alrdy at 2nd wave on the yellow drops. tons of corrupted spinos right from the start

Just now, revjiggs said:

Get a good level enforcer. They do extra damage to corrupted dinos and are pretty fast so they are perfect. I can solo blues on a regular server and I feel with a slightly higher level one i could probs solo a yellow. I'm thinking with a snow owl for healing in between waves it would be even easier 

Oh yah i forgot that they're super strong against corrupted. it's like 3x damage or something? *thinks* i should get myself one :P

3 hours ago, Flakz said:

Oh yah i forgot that they're super strong against corrupted. it's like 3x damage or something? *thinks* i should get myself one :P

4x. And if you want to get one, I recommend finding a blueprint that focuses on health and damage.

3 hours ago, Kaerio said:

Thanks for the tips. But can we maybe come with multiple dinos, not just one ?

No limit.

• 4 months later...

I've been working on a large document that goes over what creatures are best for the supply drops but it's still a WIP. However I'll give a small overview of each supply drop and what's best per my opinion.

Blue - Corrupted dino levels are only 1-20. You can do this with almost any assortment of dinos. Basic Raptors, Carnos, Velonasaurs, you can even set up some dino leashes to keep them constricted to an area. You can also use "anchor" dinos that are on passive while the rest of the pack follow it on aggressive, ensuring that they return. If you have a good Enforcer they're excellent here.

Yellow - Corrupted dino levels fluxate here between about 110-180 I think? A massive pack of Yutyrannus-boosted raptors has shown great success for me but you can also use things like Dire Wolves with Daeodon support, Allos, Rexes, etc. If it's a decent war dino of a good level, it'll serve well. Enforcers at this stage are too fragile to do much work for long, especially with the Arthros spawning in (though they put in a lot of work while they last.) Also, using an "anchor" strategy to set up your dinos at choke points/spawn areas can greatly weaken the corrupted force from getting close to the pod.

Red - Corrupted dino levels are easily in the high 100s-mid 200s. Corrupted Wyverns are the biggest pain of this difficulty I'd say. You're going to want your big guns here like Rexes, Gigas, Allos, Therizinos, and if you have access, Reapers. Any support you can have ridden (Daeodon, Yutyrannus, Velonasaur to tag wyverns) will almost be necessary. I can't stress it enough, prioritize the Enraged Trikes the moment you see them. You do not want them clustering up or empowering the corrupted horde. A Giga rider can easily get around to handle them. The anchor strat mentioned above is a HUGE help here. Your dinos can start causing some massive damage to the pod if they sit around it.

Purple - You're on your own here, I have no idea. I just know that the dino levels are in the high 300s-low 500s and you're facing Reaper Kings, Rock Drakes, Wyverns, Rexes, all the big stuff.

Hope this info helps!

For anything below purple, you can easily solo the drop with 1 imprinted Giga with a good saddle. Red drops get a little dicey, but I like to bring along a snow owl in cryo if i need it.

Purple drops require an army of high lvl, mutated, and nicely saddled dinos. I have 15 boss rexes with 80+ saddles, and I usually tame the desert titan to take with me before even thinking about  doing a purple drop. The rexes are mainly for keeping the Alpha rexes away from the OSD while the titan kills everything else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

high lv enforcer= easy red drop solo i have done multiple solo red drops with an enforcer only doing about 2500 a hit {because  corrupted dinos}, also an AMAZING strat is {if you want} put metal behemoth gates around the drop{red only, no need to do this for other drops} and bring 8 metal behemoth doors {if they break} then they with target the gates and you, flying wont fly over they will attack the gates as well

Archived