MAC/Linux not playable at all on server since 6th November

Pezi

With full respect but are you aware of the fact that no Mac / Linux user is able to join server with v286.xxx?

It is not only that we are not able to play your new DLC Extinction, we are not able to join ANY server with v286.xxx ... no TheIsland, no Scorched Earth, no Aberration ... no official servers ... no unofficial servers.

Now it's been 5 days we are not able to login on any (RENT FOR MONEY / official) server.

Sure ... Mac / Linux users are probably a small market and in the past you let us know that we are not more than poops in your eyes. Every time you had published a bigger update / DLC we had to wait. If you don't need the Mac / Linux customers than let us know ... don't sell a game / DLC for a platform you are not willing (or able) to support the same way as Windows customers.

But now this is ridiculous!!

How much longer do we have to wait now?

P.S.: The late publish on consoles is a different problem because it is not possible to mix PC clients (=Windows AND Mac AND Linux) with consoles clients on the same server. But Windows, Mac and Linux clients have to share the same server.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is wildcards plan to compensate Mac users who paid the same money that PC users did yet we still can't play the game we paid for, also when you finally figure it out we will be at a severe disadvantage as all the PC users have had nearly a week head start on us on the new map, something needs done about this, it's horrible customer service and if you can't properly compensate us Mac users in game then I think a full refund is due. 

I'll be interested to see if this gets a reply from Wildcard, if not then perhaps other measures will need to be taken.

7 hours ago, Pezi said:

With full respect but are you aware of the fact that no Mac / Linux user is able to join server with v285.xxx?

It is not only that we are not able to play your new DLC Extinction, we are not able to join ANY server with v285.xxx ... no TheIsland, no Scorched Earth, no Aberration ... no official servers ... no unofficial servers.

Now it's been 5 days we are not able to login on any (RENT FOR MONEY / official) server.

Sure ... Mac / Linux users are probably a small market and in the past you let us know that we are not more than poops in your eyes. Every time you had published a bigger update / DLC we had to wait. If you don't need the Mac / Linux customers than let us know ... don't sell a game / DLC for a platform you are not willing (or able) to support the same way as Windows customers.

But now this is ridiculous!!

How much longer do we have to wait now?

P.S.: The late publish on consoles is a different problem because it is not possible to mix PC clients (=Windows AND Mac AND Linux) with consoles clients on the same server. But Windows, Mac and Linux clients have to share the same server.

Well said. It's taking them way too long.

Since the release of Extinction (Nov 6th) the Mac / Linux Client is still v285.xxx. Nearly all servers (official / inofficial, TheIsland, Scorched, Aberration, ...) were autoupdated to v286.xxx ... 

Therefore no user with Mac/Linux client is able to join any of these servers.

Since 6th Nov we are not able to defend our base from player with Windows clients, feed our tames, refill generators, ...)

Not only on Extinction ... on ALL maps!

@Paroxyde

7 minutes ago, Pezi said:

Since the release of Extinction (Nov 6th) the Mac / Linux Client is still v285.xxx. Nearly all servers (official / inofficial, TheIsland, Scorched, Aberration, ...) were autoupdated to v286.xxx ... 

Therefore no user with Mac/Linux client is able to join any of these servers.

Since 6th Nov we are not able to defend our base from player with Windows clients, feed our tames, refill generators, ...)

Not only on Extinction ... on ALL maps!

@Paroxyde

That's pretty bad... 

Hi, my son and I are playing ARK Survival Evolved together. My son is playing on a PC which got a patch update last week 286.104. I play on a mac and there still haven't come a patch. Currently I am on 284.104. We have not been able to play together since the PC got the new patch. When will there be a patch ready for Mac?

17 minutes ago, McKinley said:

My question is what compensation are you going to offer people that play on official servers, that have been foundation wiped. lost dinos, had their garden walls despawn, had their entire base disappear because they havent been able to log on for almost a week now?

I guess you could submit a support ticket now to get in line.

21 minutes ago, McKinley said:

My question is what compensation are you going to offer people that play on official servers, that have been foundation wiped. lost dinos, had their garden walls despawn, had their entire base disappear because they havent been able to log on for almost a week now?

Doubt they'll refund anything

This has gone past the point of ridiculous, not only am I completely unable to play, and have been locked out long enough that I'm going to start losing things on my min server, that is if someone on a PC hasn't already wiped me, and not only have you not corrected the issue but you refuse to even update Mac users on what's going on.

What is wildcards plan to correct this gross oversight? How do you plan to correct this mistake? I'm a paying customer the same as any PC users, but it seems those are the only paying customers you care about, at this point I have to wonder if a lawyer might get your attention ?

Archived