Confused about difficulty settings, please help

girlygirlgamer322

I play single player and my in game "difficulty level" is set to .2 most dinosaurs in the game seem to be level 1-40. I want higher level dinos.

I read the gamepedia page and it's completely useless. Apparently I have to change the gamesettings ini, not just the in game settings, but I am very confused as to what Difficulty Offset and Difficulty exactly are. Please help break it down for me.

6 minutes ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

I play single player and my in game "difficulty level" is set to .2 most dinosaurs in the game seem to be level 1-40. I want higher level dinos.

I read the gamepedia page and it's completely useless. Apparently I have to change the gamesettings ini, not just the in game settings, but I am very confused as to what Difficulty Offset and Difficulty exactly are. Please help break it down for me.

In the .ini setting you should add a line to override official difficulty to 5.0. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1290690669218078258/

Go to your gameusersettings.ini configuration file, and on a new line under the [ServerSettings] header paste the following:

OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, AnAncientOrder said:

Oh sweet, I always thought you had to change it to 1.0 for some reason. 

Yeah, I think this is the way it was documented on the wiki but it is no [longer?] accurate. For example, I have the offset set to 0.5 on my servers, the override set to 5 and dinos are correctly spawning max level 150.

• 9 months later...

Archived