Let's talk about the "Genius" who designed loot drops for this map.

PooBrainPony

Yes, it was such a wonderful idea to make loot drops a massive battle arena in the middle of territory filled with corrupted dinos. Then, wait for it, let's make those wave dinos not prioritize the arena! Oh wait, wait, then we can also make them look the EXACT SAME as everything else around it so the players have no clue at all what they're after. I love running around my constantly depleting loot shield looking for the one damn dino that I can't even see, hoping that I can find it before the loot drop pity moves me on to the next round. 

• Volunteer Moderator

I will have to agree with that. Can be quite frustrating to be stuck at 1-2 left just to realize they are random ptera targeting a regular one that is fleeing far away. The creatures from the wave should ideally ignore everything else that is not involved in the fight.

I thought the "bubble" or zone acted like the leash did and kept things inside the "arena ring", till the drop was obtained, it being on after everything ends till they collect the goods prevents others from outside deciding to come in last minute and take the goods, or is this preventable?  (on a utube video confirms someone can steal the drop.smh.)

So you would need two sphere objects 1 allows the enemy per wave in also prevents the people outside the arena out by perhaps insta death ? or like the barrier does now, ticks the harder the drop the higher the tick.  The other keeps the "con-testers", in, that is the idea right you started it, you have to finish it. 

Haven't done one yet so idk if any of this is how it works.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

I thought the "bubble" or zone acted like the leash did and kept things inside the "arena ring", till the drop was obtained, it being on after everything ends till they collect the goods prevents others from outside deciding to come in last minute and take the goods, or is this preventable?  (on a utube video confirms someone can steal the drop.smh.)

The bubble is a Tek Shield that protects the drop. The waves are attacking the shield until it breaks and then they attack the drop until it explode. The waves cannot pass the shield and reach the drop as long as it stands but the problem that OP pointed is that the waves will get distracted by other wild creatures and forget about the drop so you have to run after them and try to guess which ones are included in the wave in order to progress to the next wave.

I have been constantly having issues with the supply drops where ill kill everything that's spawned for the drop, but always left with it saying there are 2-5 hostiles remaining but they are nowhere to be seen, i've tried killing all the corrupted dinos in a very large radius around the drop but nothing seems to work until like 10-15 minutes goes by and it will go to the next wave.

Okay yea, what i am thinking is a bigger bubble that keeps those waves inside they can't not be distracted or run away from the arena at all unless the users attempting to collect the drop are dead.

So a NEW bigger bubble then, so they can not leave and this issue is solved? use the leash code for each wave.

All enemies in bubble - code activated - enemies dead code deactivated.

^Is there a job title this falls under cause i think  i would be great at it..

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to come back after this rant and rave to revive my own thread, but I've actually had much better luck using an Argy than anything else. A flyer to cover ground quicker helps, but after their patch that causes these OSD dinos to "prioritize" following the path to the fight has helped as well. I did another drop after patch and noticed that most if not all came to the arena and not ran off to fight everything else. I would highly recommend bringing numerous people if you can or numerous dinos as once the shiled goes down you can get swarmed very fast by large groups. The highest level drops also bring in corrupted wyverns and "enraged triceratops" Tek creatures. They can be a REEEEAAALLLLL pain.

Corrupted dinos in general seem “dumber” than their regular counter parts. 

How I can aggro a corrupt wyvern, then watch it fly over me while attacking a ptera is beyond me. I literally have to kill everything to get it to focus on me. It’s like they have ADD and can’t focus on a target no matter how many times I shoot or bite it. Makes killing them really silly. 

22 minutes ago, flamron said:

Corrupted dinos in general seem “dumber” than their regular counter parts. 

How I can aggro a corrupt wyvern, then watch it fly over me while attacking a ptera is beyond me. I literally have to kill everything to get it to focus on me. It’s like they have ADD and can’t focus on a target no matter how many times I shoot or bite it. Makes killing them really silly. 

Sounds like a regular wyvern to me. I have this same problem leading them on SE or Rag. 

5 hours ago, Lucian said:

Sounds like a regular wyvern to me. I have this same problem leading them on SE or Rag. 

Similar for sure. Just slightly dumber. I will say they do re-aggro at an amazing distance. I had one follow me back to the city after I kited it off to the side of the map so people could fly through safely. That or someone else brought it back - which wouldn’t surprise me...

Archived