question Aberration Engrams on Extinction?

Luxbris

So, I'm slightly confused about this. I'm a console player, so I've impatiently been watching Syntac play Extinction while I wait for it to come out on xbox. I've noticed that you can get green gems, and sap that replaces blue and red gems from Aberration, BUT Aberration engrams are locked.

Does this mean that you unlock the Aberration engrams after time? Or, do you have to beat Aberration and then transfer your survivor?

I really don't want to have to beat Aberration just to play Extinction, as I imagine you need the Aberration engrams if you can find the materials. If you do, that really sucks... Perhaps Extinction isn't as good as it was made out to be.

19 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

You have to visit the relevant ARK to learn their engram from their ARK. (e.g: Any exclusive engram you learned from Scorched Earth will persist when you transfer to other ARK.)

Okay. Do I need to unlock the engrams there, or can I just transfer my survivor there and then straight back to Extinction? (I'd much rather start the map at lv 1)

1 hour ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Scorched Earth engrams can be learned on Ragnarok but Aberration engrams have to be learned on Aberration or any modded map that allows you to learn it there. Then transfer your survivor to Extinction.

This is completely opposite of what they had boasted just before the map released.  They had said we would have full access to the engrams ON extinction already.  

If I’m not mistaken I think you could go into your own non dedicated server on aberration or ragnorok and if you want to stay level one go to the setting where you can disable or enable engrams and disable all of the default ones with only tek aberration and scorched earth remaining do when you go into your non dedicated server you can use the learn all engrams command keeping you level one but making you learn all of the DLC engrams without learning the other ones and then upload it to a obelisk and join upload it in another server

Will they be getting unlocked? I'm on a private server where we can't move characters and the admin claims he can't unlock the SE engrams, also got told "The devs would have unlocked them if they were meant to be used" even though there are desert dinos and you can't unlock their saddles with the SE engrams.

19 hours ago, Slywolf117 said:

This is completely opposite of what they had boasted just before the map released.  They had said we would have full access to the engrams ON extinction already.  

Yeah, it's stupid.

In Wildcard's defense, I guess it could be a glitch? By the sound of it, Extinction isn't exactly glitch free.

An alternative to unlocking Ingram is they can spawn in primitive blueprints for people to use which would be basically like having the Ingram. You can find blueprints and stuff in the orbital drops, the eye worth the hastle but quite the pain and the neck when you get to the more difficult events, like for the yellow and red drops =/

They gotta have SOME reasons for you to buy the other DLCs. Although you can apparently get Scorched creature saddles in Orbital Supply Drops, so there’s that. It’s kinda like a teaser for people who go straight to Extinction.

As for replacement resources, they’re for people who’ve transferred over so they can still build the engrams they unlocked without needing to transfer to Aberration to gather them.

1 hour ago, RowletAlex said:

They gotta have SOME reasons for you to buy the other DLCs. Although you can apparently get Scorched creature saddles in Orbital Supply Drops, so there’s that. It’s kinda like a teaser for people who go straight to Extinction.

As for replacement resources, they’re for people who’ve transferred over so they can still build the engrams they unlocked without needing to transfer to Aberration to gather them.

They could so it like they do it on Ragnarok. As far as I am aware, you can only unlock the scorched earth engrams on Ragnarok if you have the Scorched DLC,.I had a few friends who said that they couldnt unlock the scorched engrams on Rag because they didnt have the DLC. If this is actually the case (would be nice to have confirmation of this), theoretically they could allow the Abberation engrames on Extinction the same way.

To be honest it annoyed me that certain DLC engrams were map and dlc locked and not added to the base game, such as the whip and stone cliff platforms.

1 hour ago, RowletAlex said:

That would be a decent way to do it. At least we’ve got mods to fix this problem. At least, once the dev kit is out.

Lucky you, on console here ? Although thankfully the server I play on the owner has tinkered with the server settings to allow the crafting of Abberant items such as glide suits and stone cliff platforms on Ragnarok (e.g. pick needed to craft climbing picks or parachute for a glide suite or just stone for the cliff platforms), coupled with auto unlocking all of the engrams. Am sure it will be a similiar set up when the new map launches on our cluster. Not everyone is so lucky.

• 1 month later...

to unlock the engrams at specific levels I added this to my ini (same one you do the level ramps on)

EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Clay_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=5)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_PreservingSalt_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=5)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Boomerang_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=9)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Tent_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=7)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Saddle_Camelsaurus_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=11)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeCeiling_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeGateway_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=30)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeGate_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=12)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeDoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeWallWithDoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeFenceFoundation_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeFloor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeCeilingWithTrapdoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=8)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeLadder_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=16)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobePillar_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=17)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeRailing_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=17)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeRamp_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=16)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeStairs_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=17)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeTrapdoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=16)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeWall_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeWindow_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=20)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeWallWithWindow_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=20)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Vessel_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=13)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WaterWell_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_OilJar_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=24)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WeaponWhip_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=20)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Propellant_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=22)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_DesertClothBoots_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=28)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_DesertClothGloves_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=28)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_DesertClothPants_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=28)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_DesertClothShirt_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=28)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_DesertClothGooglesHelmet_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=28)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_FlameArrow_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=26)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeCeilingWithDoorWay_Giant_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=34)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeCeilingDoorGiant_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=34)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Mirror_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=32)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Saddle_Moth_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=36)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeGate_Large_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=38)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_AdobeGateway_Large_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=18)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Saddle_SpineyLizard_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=40)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Saddle_Mantis_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=45)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ClusterGrenade_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=80)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WindTurbine_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=50)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ChainSaw_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=60)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_OilPump_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=60)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Flamethrower_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=65)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_FlamethrowerAmmo_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=65)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Saddle_RockGolem_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=40)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_RocketHommingAmmo_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=90)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_BasiliskSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=85)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ChargeBattery_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=71)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ChargeLantern_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=80)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ClimbingPick_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=34)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Fishbasket_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=13)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Glider_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=62)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_GlowStick_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=5)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_KarkinoSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=65)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_MetalCliffPlatform_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=51)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Pliers_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=45)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_PortableRopeLadder_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=15)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_RavagerSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=47)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_RollratSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=58)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ShadowDrakeSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=75)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ShagRug_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=17)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_StoneCliffPlatform_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=37)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WoodElevator_Switch_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=20)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WoodElevator_Track_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=20)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WoodElevatorPlatform_Large_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=30)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WoodElevatorPlatform_Medium_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=23)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WoodElevatorPlatform_Small_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=20)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ZiplineAmmo_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=31)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_ZiplineMotor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=54)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekBoots_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekShirt_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekGloves_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekHelmet_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekPants_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekRifle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekGrenade_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TurretTek_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekShieldArmor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekSword_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekRexSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekMosaSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekMegalodonSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekTapejaraSaddle_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekReplicator_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekShield_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekTransmitter_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekGenerator_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekTeleporter_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekTrough_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekCloningChamber_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekLight_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekFloor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekWindow_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekWallWithWindow",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekTrapdoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekCeilingWithTrapdoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekUnderwaterBase_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Tek_Gate_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Tek_Gategrame_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekDoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekWallwithdoor_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekWall_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekCeiling_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekRailing_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekFencefoundation_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekRoof_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekSlopedWall_Left_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekSlopedWall_Right_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekStairs_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekLadder_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekRamp_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekPillar_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekUnderwaterBase_BottomEntry_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekCatwalk_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Tek_Gate_Large_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)
EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Tek_Gategrame_Large_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=70)

hope that helps

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kinda reated question but not.   I have been playing on ragnorak for couple months now,  getting annoyed that everyones got these poke balls throwing em out and i can see the potential in using these things but on my list of ingrams,  the cryo fridge  is blacked out and says must learn on extinction ....   My question is, if i purchase extinction, install it wtvr,  will i have access to unlock these ingrams right away on ragnorak?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 7:20 PM, Gatespx said:

Kinda reated question but not.   I have been playing on ragnorak for couple months now,  getting annoyed that everyones got these poke balls throwing em out and i can see the potential in using these things but on my list of ingrams,  the cryo fridge  is blacked out and says must learn on extinction ....   My question is, if i purchase extinction, install it wtvr,  will i have access to unlock these ingrams right away on ragnorak?

You have to go to the Extinction map and learn the engrams, then return to Ragnarok. Keep in mind that you need a Tek Replicator to build both the Cryofridge and Cryopods. My suggestion is that you can do a blue OSD to learn that engram on Extinction that drops from the OSD (goes away after you leave Extinction), go through the Desert Cave with the required resources (easiest cave to do this) and you can the terminal at the end to build the Replicator. What sucks is that the Replicator is extremely expensive to build and you may have to take several dinos or several trips in and out to carry the resources. Finally, once you build the Replicator, take it to a terminal and upload it, then download it using a supply drop/obelisk on Ragnarok, assuming you have this capability. If you can't transfer items to and from maps, transfer to Extinction, learn the engrams, transfer back to Ragnarok (don't use a minewipe tonic), then once you defeat the bosses on Gamma you will get access to the Replicator to build which can be done at beacons/obelisks.

Archived