TBG - Private Server - Not accepting new players

9 hours ago, DonThommo said:

Blimey, that's commitment! I rebooted the server this morn. I think I'll probably reboot it each morning IF there is no one connected at the time. If there is someone connected then I know the server hasn't gone down anyway so it should most likely to be fine till I get home again.

Actually, I think that's an excellent compromise.   i think we finished up roughly an hour before your normally scheduled reboot or so.    he ended up being 130... but for the stuff we have, I think that's still excellent... but yes, a very long process(5+ hours).     We had a level 13 female and I honestly told Mobius that we should not pass up a creature that literally spawned inside our taming raft for the sake of 2 hours of lost sleep and he agreed.  the good news is we have some super fast respawning pebble piles right where the raft is, so we spend the off time 1-3 minutes away and gathered 3000 stone and 1500 wood for our water pen Mobius started building(going for several ichthys by weekends end)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an update due today for Xbox Ark. Experience so far tells me that it'll probably be delayed a few days and end up being Monday. But whenever it does drop, I have no idea what happens to Ded servers. Not sure if it'll force it to quit and update or if it just does it once I manually reset it. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm very busy until Saturday night now so I'm unlikely to find time to do it before then (unless it's out today).

6 minutes ago, DonThommo said:

There's an update due today for Xbox Ark. Experience so far tells me that it'll probably be delayed a few days and end up being Monday. But whenever it does drop, I have no idea what happens to Ded servers. Not sure if it'll force it to quit and update or if it just does it once I manually reset it. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm very busy until Saturday night now so I'm unlikely to find time to do it before then (unless it's out today).

the game/ server will close and you have to manually update and open the server back up.

TWO IMPORTANT THINGS:

1. I'm gonna upload a video in a bout 40 mins.

2. When the Ark update drops tomorrow if you update your Ark you will not be able to join the server until I run the update on it. I will not be able to do that until Satursay evening at the earliest, so please DO NOT UPDATE ARK TOMORROW IF YOU WANT TO USE THE SERVER! that's assuming Xbox  gives you any kind of say on the matter...

I'm busy the next cpl of nights so Sat night/Sunday morn will be my earliest chance to reboot the server. My advice for the next 48 hours or so is to not do anything important (big tames, riding your Quetz, breeding your 120 kibble tamed Gigas....etc). You have been warned!

It'll probably be fine but just playing it safe!

2 hours ago, DonThommo said:

Update is out but I won't be able to run it on the server till tomorrow night. See you then

The update forced on my end, so none of us will be able to get on until the server syncs. Speaking for myself, it'd be best if you could shut the server down completely until you update. Cheers.

43 minutes ago, KeystoneCops said:

The update forced on my end, so none of us will be able to get on until the server syncs. Speaking for myself, it'd be best if you could shut the server down completely until you update. Cheers.

Well I can't, if I was at home to do that I would just update it.

Enjoy your Ark breaks until Saturday night sometime.

Hey all. Another update is due to drop tomorrow, I won't be able to update the server until Thursday eve so I'm going to just turn it off tomorrow GMT AM (7.30 ish) and then it won't be back on until Thursday when I get a chance to run the update. Probably better than leaving it running with no one able to join.

4 hours ago, DonThommo said:

Brian And Vile were online so I left server running rather than kick you out unwarned. None of you will be able to join once you've run the update though.

i ended up ragequitting lol Lost 2 argents trying to get and tame a dung beetle and then lost a Pteranadon saving an argent too lol. 

A rex was on top of the cave me and vile were in ad the rex glitched out a couple of times through the cave and kept resawning at the top of it, We were ready to leave and my argent would not let me get on it what so ever and at the last moment the rex jumped in and wrecked us both. I pretty much gave up at that point, Ohh well, Time to breed some dino's assuming that im getting bored. 

Archived