People need to play for SotF

TheDougl3r

AS the title says, this post is just trying to get more people to play Ark: Sruvival of the Fittest. SotF is a free Battle Royale game mode run on a modified Ark game. Its basically like Fortnite, or PubG, but freakin' Ark and dinosaurs. It's the Hunger Games but with dinosaurs. Taming is faster. Leveling is faster. Crafting is slightly different, more efficient. It's all the mid-level fun of Ark, crammed into a fast-paced 30-60 mins. I highly recommend everyone take a look at the game mode.

The game (mod) can be downloaded for free (as long as you have Survival Evolved) through Steam. I am not certain if or how console players can play at this time. Any console player who knows or is interested enough to figure this out should let everyone else know!

If this sounds interesting to anyone I really really encourage you to go take a look! The servers are slow right now and there aren't many players keeping this game afloat. We need more people to keep it going! 

stop beating a dead horse. soft was cut off from updates like 2 years ago, meaning most of the content is out-dated, including the map (no redwoods, no swamp). pretty sure you have leaned the coords of the red drops by now. every wannabe goes north/northeast for those beacons and big dinos. currently, only half the map is used as you wont have time to lvl + tame to even reach the shores. it'd be easier to make a new br mode than to fix the current. 

10 hours ago, TheDougl3r said:

AS the title says, this post is just trying to get more people to play Ark: Sruvival of the Fittest. SotF is a free Battle Royale game mode run on a modified Ark game. Its basically like Fortnite, or PubG, but freakin' Ark and dinosaurs. It's the Hunger Games but with dinosaurs. Taming is faster. Leveling is faster. Crafting is slightly different, more efficient. It's all the mid-level fun of Ark, crammed into a fast-paced 30-60 mins. I highly recommend everyone take a look at the game mode.

The game (mod) can be downloaded for free (as long as you have Survival Evolved) through Steam. I am not certain if or how console players can play at this time. Any console player who knows or is interested enough to figure this out should let everyone else know!

If this sounds interesting to anyone I really really encourage you to go take a look! The servers are slow right now and there aren't many players keeping this game afloat. We need more people to keep it going! 

Ark, as a game, is not fit for competition. Lag, desync, bad hit reg and general garbage leads to an unfulfilling experience and coupled with the fact that it's a solved game mode, it's just no longer fun for anyone. 

I would encourage people to check out the Deki/Void Mod of SotF. It is being worked on, it is being balanced, and they are making a new map with a lot of the in game assets being streamlined for better server performance. From the tournys I have watched on twitch it is a million times better and more action packed. I do know Deki has been taking a break from streaming his mod as BO is out right now. But Void is still hard at work coding the mod afaik.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived