Wyvern and drake nests are broken and no one is talking about it

yoyoyolana

Wyvern and drake nests don't spawn eggs.  This has been broken since extinction came out, and the lack of forum posts about it is worrying me.  Is there a fix planned?  This is blocking the middle/end game of taming on those two maps and is making it hard to progress.  Deleting nests didn't work; I fear this is a wildcard issue.  Who else has this issue?

1 minute ago, KrakenOverlord said:

I've seen quite a few posts about it now but I doubt it'll be fixed in the near future. We all should've just waited to play on console, lol. Tired of being WC's ginnie pigs for their busted poop.

Where are those other posts?  I'd love to see some other discussion on it, but everything is buried under extinction discussion.

I did not want to write this on general discussions, but I have to (I have previously sent a bug report). From November 7, when the extinction update came out, wyvern nests and drake nests are broken. All nests are empty, I checked it 7, 8, 9, 10 .. and today November 11. Empty nests on scorch 193 servers and aberration 223. No one answers the bug report ...

Do you completely ignore the player bug-reports?

We discovered yesterday in another thread that you can harvest the invisible egg by using a whip and targeting the center of the nest.

also - WC is more focused on extinction right now and the huge utter mess they created with that release.  Other maps are less important. I’m sure they’ll get to this eventually.

1 minute ago, Kayin said:

WC is more focused on extinction right now and the huge utter mess they created with that release.  Other maps are less important. I’m sure they’ll get to this eventually.

Yes focused at extinction.. and they did some kind of NO eggs spawn changes in extinction... But i cant imagine, how it is possible for reasonable thinking  programmers/dev that turned off spawn eggs or something and there he was no thinking that this mess will affect other maps. Is this mess in developers workflow is that huge? 

1 minute ago, slejo said:

Yes focused at extinction.. and they did some kind of NO eggs spawn changes in extinction... But i cant imagine, how it is possible for reasonable thinking  programmers/dev that turned off spawn eggs or something and there he was no thinking that this mess will affect other maps. Is this mess in developers workflow is that huge? 

Yea just read the forums and the patch notes.  103 had a ridiculous number of game breaking fixes. They had to do a rollback.  Etc

PvP balance > egg visibility in WC eyes.  

Since extinctions release, Aberration and Ragnarok as well as Scorched Earth,  Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs aren't spawning, Just empty nests, even when restarting, wild dino wiping, using "DestroyMyTarget" on pre-existing nests. They just do not produce eggs.
I have even locked down a map so no players can take eggs while i test the bug, and still no eggs, even on a fresh Day 1 start of Scorched Earth no eggs. 

If this problem is already noticed by WildCard or this post has already been posted then please ignore.

Please note that this was posted under EXTINCTION as this problem occurred on release of extinction and one of its patches.

Regards,
W4533M-WP
XeoNGaming

2 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

I use a whip but the egg spoil in less of 5 sec in my inventory.

That's nothing to do with this problem which started after the Extinction update, eggs spoiling as soon as you pick them up has happened forever but this makes it worse as you can't see the spoil timer, especially on low population servers where they don't get farmed much, the spoil timer runs down but the egg doesn't despawn until someone picks it up, guessing you're on an unofficial server? best thing is to ask admin to go around and manually get rid of all the eggs as there's no command to do it automatically

On 11/9/2018 at 4:32 PM, yoyoyolana said:

...the lack of forum posts about it is worrying me.  

On 11/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, yoyoyolana said:

Where are those other posts?  I'd love to see some other discussion on it, but everything is buried under extinction discussion.

Ya that  :). Seems most are focusing on the new content which is getting the most attention from the devs (as it should) since it launched with quite a number of fast needed fixes. Should tapper off then they can put more attention on this issue.

Archived