Need Help Streaming Ark

ODoyleRules

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why I am having such a hard time streaming Ark. I have a GTX 970 with an Intel i7 4790K and use OBS Studios for my streaming software. I normally stream at 6000 bitrate and I am perfectly capable of streaming other games like Fortntie, PUBG, Dayz, Overwatch, and Black Desert Online all at 1920x1080 base canvas with either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 output resolution and 60fps on Lancoz.

I know Ark is a graphic intense game but even when I change it to 30fps on bi-linear, use medium graphics settings, and lower my bitrate to 3500 or 2500 my stream still lags a lot! Its super frustrating and I can't figure out what is causing this. my CPU usage while OBS is streaming is only 8%, meanwhile my frames throttle from 24-30fps no matter what I set it to.  

2 hours ago, ODoyleRules said:

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why I am having such a hard time streaming Ark. I have a GTX 970 with an Intel i7 4790K and use OBS Studios for my streaming software. I normally stream at 6000 bitrate and I am perfectly capable of streaming other games like Fortntie, PUBG, Dayz, Overwatch, and Black Desert Online all at 1920x1080 base canvas with either 1920x1080 or 1280x720 output resolution and 60fps on Lancoz.

I know Ark is a graphic intense game but even when I change it to 30fps on bi-linear, use medium graphics settings, and lower my bitrate to 3500 or 2500 my stream still lags a lot! Its super frustrating and I can't figure out what is causing this. my CPU usage while OBS is streaming is only 8%, meanwhile my frames throttle from 24-30fps no matter what I set it to.  

How much RAM you have? 

Maybe try to get a GTX1070 or better? 

How much RAM you have? 

Maybe try to get a GTX1070 or better? 

I have 32gbs of RAM. And Yeah i know a better graphics card would help, actually planning on getting the 2070 here soon but I can't believe it would make it unstreamable using a 970. Especially since the games in game graphics settings for "high" recomend a 970 while "epic" would be for a 1070.

Archived