Extinction

Dantesfire97

19 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

If you had them too, it wouldn't be a problem. 

I have them and they're still problems.

We've had to rotate people on 24/7 since Mek's hit reddit due to how fast they can take down a base. A single Mek can destroy hundreds of turrets in a ten minute time frame. It's never been this bad before, but it's something we've gone through each and every time they've released a tek based weapon (IE Tek Rifle, Drake Saddle, Rex Saddle, Mosa Saddle, Tape Saddle). 

Just now, iAmE said:

I have them and they're still problems.

We've had to rotate people on 24/7 since Mek's hit reddit due to how fast they can take down a base. A single Mek can destroy hundreds of turrets in a ten minute time frame. It's never been this bad before, but it's something we've gone through each and every time they've released a tek based weapon (IE Tek Rifle, Drake Saddle, Rex Saddle, Mosa Saddle, Tape Saddle). 

The Mek canon bypass tek shield? 

1 minute ago, Dantesfire97 said:

And if you wanna let your tek shield run 24/7 while you're offline you'll literally just be farming element to power them.

We already do that, it's easy enough to do on Ab or Scorched. The problem is the Mek still just destroys it in like 5 shots. It doesn't even cost them an extra minute. 

13 minutes ago, iAmE said:

We already do that, it's easy enough to do on Ab or Scorched. The problem is the Mek still just destroys it in like 5 shots. It doesn't even cost them an extra minute. 

yeah its insanely broken thats a fact. i was enjoying it while using it on others bases but all ive been doing today is defending against it...and if you turn your back for even a second you lose a tower or worse

41 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Well, 5 shots should be about enough to locate and counter attack >…> If you have 7-9 mek on base 24/7, should be alright. If not, add more mek until there is no more player to pilot them beside the farming teams to fuel the meks... 

Yeah... They really went all out with this DLC and made the most ridiculous broken content yet. I understand they wanted it to impress their fans as it's the last DLC but they really should have thought about balance. They honestly need somebody on their team who has common sense to say "Wait guys this isn't a good idea" to balance out their game. Also I find it absolutely hilarious that they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

1 minute ago, Zeratul12 said:

Why not just make the shield stronger or include an even stronger tek shield type. I mean it is a mech and it is supposed to be extremely powerful. 

I mean we dont want a repeat of what happened to tamed gigas do we? 

The Mek is, without the ability to demo bases from outside render and/or without any possible defense, still fairly powerful. 

At the same time, we have to realize that making a Mek, is extremely easy. Like pitifully easy. Like an hour or two of farming, less then that if you're set up right. IMO Mek's should be powerful for *fighting dinos*. They shouldn't be base-demolishing monsters that can destroy even the best set up bases in minutes with no risk involved. 

Archived