Remove the Mek and Roleback Servers

Recon801

We were an Alpha Tribe. A single player showed up around 2am PST with a mek from Extinction. He used the exploit of firing rockets from out of render range to completely destroy ALL of our defenses. Every Heavy Turret, Turret, Species X, etc. Once all defenses were destroyed he killed ALL of our tames with the exception of a few dung beetles. A single player with 1 mek was able to destroy an entire base, kill hundreds of tames, rexs, gigas, everything in a matter of a couple in-game days. 

I have been playing Ark since its launch. My friends and I have poured thousands upon thousands of hours into this game. Now, because of this exploit our tribe of 25 has lost everything to a single player. Over the years we have had to deal with plenty of glitches, exploits, hacks, dupes, etc but at this point we're all about to just walk away. I've been in numerous Alpha/Mega Tribes and even the tribes who haven't been hit yet don't feel like playing. There isn't a way to defend against this exploit. It's not only alphas being hit, I've seen players walking around with meks on island and center servers just griefing everything and everyone, from RP stone bases to alpha tribes. 

Bite the bullet, role back all the servers, and remove the mek from the game completely unless you can find a way to resolve the exploit. Players are just making alt accounts, porting to servers and  wiping hundreds/thousands of hours of work. I hate to say it but I think this is the end of Ark. I had a great time while it lasted.....

For those who are unaware, example of the exploit below.

9 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Bro if u can see it than it can be destroyed it looked legit man ya arks changeing it's new era the era of the mek !!! Wait till u see the Titan spawn on ur obbys what the hahaha ya sucked bro but ya it's ark megamek could possible walk over ur base one sword swipe destroy most bases

Mega mek doesn't work without the presence of Alpha King Titan. 

52 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

meks should only exist on extintion and should not be allowed to be used on other maps.

nothing is safe from these things right now anywhere and your defences can be destroid faster then your computer can boot up ark.

It's perfectly reasonable to let mek's exist on other maps. They just need to do what they, for some reason, have done to every other tek saddle in the game, and reduce the range to within turrets (Or just make them not damage structures). 

The range issue is something that, for some reason, Wildcard has repeated literally everytime they release a tek item that shoots projectiles. Every single saddle. Every tek gun. They have always, at release, been able to shoot things from out of render. Wildcard doesn't learn from it's mistakes and follows a very predictable cycle of repeating them ad naseum. 

6 minutes ago, atokadreaper said:

Exactly. This guys knows. Have to stay positive guys. It can be fixed and balanced.

just needs the time put into making that happen

On the other side of things.

Why does Wildcard not learn from their mistakes? How many tek guns and saddles do we have now? How many times have we gone down this exact same rabbit hole?

Frankly it's just embarrassing and makes the look like idiots. So the flame/frustration is also totally justified. 

The Mek is an intended mechanic unlike other actual exploits. It can be destroyed by 2 people but that would mean having to be online at the time, so no more bases across multiple servers unless you can ensure a couple people are online 24/7 in each base.

People want balance because they can’t work out things for themselves.

12 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The Mek is an intended mechanic unlike other actual exploits. It can be destroyed by 2 people but that would mean having to be online at the time, so no more bases across multiple servers unless you can ensure a couple people are online 24/7 in each base.

People want balance because they can’t work out things for themselves.

Or because having a mek kill 30 turrets in about 15 seconds is probably broken and makes bases outside of specific caves impossible to maintain in a competitive environment?

Everything in Ark is a numbers game. I can farm enough mats to pop a Mek in about an hour. With that hour, even with people chasing me, I can destroy dozens, if not hundreds of hours of work. People want balance because without some semblance of balance, Ark ceases to be a game. 

8 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Or because having a mek kill 30 turrets in about 15 seconds is probably broken and makes bases outside of specific caves impossible to maintain in a competitive environment?

Everything in Ark is a numbers game. I can farm enough mats to pop a Mek in about an hour. With that hour, even with people chasing me, I can destroy dozens, if not hundreds of hours of work. People want balance because without some semblance of balance, Ark ceases to be a game. 

So tribes can continuously wipe anyone without any dramas, but as soon as another tribe slips through the net, pops a mek and serves them, the tribe is now trying to play the victim?

My empire is about to crumble, better scream for balancing so I can continue squashing those peasants.

3 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So tribes can continuously wipe anyone without any dramas, but as soon as another tribe slips through the net, pops a mek and serves them, the tribe is now trying to play the victim?

My empire is about to crumble, better scream for balancing so I can continue squashing those peasants.

Someone just transfers to your server, gets to a drop, pops a mek. No/low risk, high to absolute reward.

In reality, this change does more to squash the peasants then it does to help them, because the alpha tribes will simply build in the two or three caves capable of being defended, and everyone else is then fubar by default.

Wildcard does this *every time* they release a tek projectile weapon or saddle. Literally every time. It will be nerfed, and has already been confirmed to be getting a nerf when they do the patch next week to address problems like the Element Veins not being in yet. 

Archived